RBS Credit Card Prelim letter

Road_Hog
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6439 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is my first time at getting charges back from credit cards. I have started with my Mint card as I have now closed this. I've sent off for my copy statements/list of charges and have received them.

I'm now ready to send off the Prelim letter. My question is, is there a separated prelim letter for credit cards? I see there is a separate one for LBA but I can't see one for Prelim. The standard one mentions overdrafts etc which aren't teally relevant to credit charges.

Any help appreciated.

Okay, second question. This is again down to claiming back late payment charges, how do you calculate the interest rate?

I have a list of charges, only totalling £152 over 2.5 years but the interest rate RBS will have charged will have changed over that time. What rate should I apply?

Okay, second question. This is again down to claiming back late payment charges, how do you calculate the interest rate?

I have a list of charges, only totalling £152 over 2.5 years but the interest rate RBS will have charged will have changed over that time. What rate should I apply?

This is the info I am after, there are spreadsheets for credit cards but I can't open them so i don't know if the rate can be changed etc. i am awaiting technical help. Here's the link though: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html

You may be able to open the spreadsheets and use it to calculate the interest. I can only use openoffice as I don't have works or excel but it won't open for me!

Hope this helps

yeah you can change interest rate, but also want o charge the 8% on top of that as well.....so cut and paste the formulae into another column, then work out the interest daily, for example @ 17.9% interest, would be 0.179 / 365 = 0.00049, so enter that into the formula so should look something like this

=(D5*0.00049)*G5

Hi David, are you using open office? I can't open the spreadsheets and spicey e-mailed me open office for my bank account. I need open office for credit card and I have no clue how to change the interest rate! Any ideas?? I'm really stuck!

Thanks