Studio Catalogue

ShaneG2009
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3814 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Rebel

They have previously said the service charge is charged at a set percentage of the balance each month.

I am not sure how legal that is...it just seems unfair when my mum is paying £100 each month

and £40+ of that goes against service charges.

I think it might be best to send this to the ombudsman for their view.

Thanks

Shane

That is ridiculous, but be warned the FOS will favour the creditor, they will simply say, because it's in their Terms and Conditions, it's o.k. for them to charge

your mum a ridiculous charge. You need to look into more and build a base other then you think it's unfair. Start a new thread in Legal Issues.

The recent Supreme Court Judgement hasn't helped.

Rebel

They have previously said the service charge is charged at a set percentage of the balance each month. I am not sure how legal that is...it just seems unfair when my mum is paying £100 each month and £40+ of that goes against service charges.

I think it might be best to send this to the ombudsman for their view.

Thanks

Shane

Hi guys

This is my first post in this section of the forum so hope i am posting correctly.

I have been in a back & forth letter battle with Studio Catalogue on behalf of my mum. This whole thread including the schedule of charges that i am trying to reclaim is located at:-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?280614-Studio-Catalogue&p=3205136&highlight=#post3205136

I am a bit fed up of writing letters only for them to keep rejecting the claim so i am thinking it is now time to involve the Ombudsman.

I would be grateful if the legal people on this section can give me some advise mainly is it worth proceeding / do i have a chance?

Thanks

Shane

UPDATE

Hi everyone just a quick post to say i have sent my complaint to the FOS today as things were going nowhere with Studio.

I also wrote to Studio informing them that i was going to the FOS so will see if this changes their stance however i highly doubt it. I've also told Studio that no further payments will be made by my mum until the FOS have completed their investigation.

Will keep you all updated.

Thanks

Shane

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE:

Hi everyone. Just a quick update. Early last week i received a letter from the FOS acknowledging my complaint against Studio Catalogue. They have said they are very busy and will liaise with me in due course.

In the mean time my mum has had another letter from Studio albeit from a different member of their complaints team

suggesting there isn't a case to answer.

I have decided not to give them my time in responding

and i will just leave it up to the FOS to rule on whether the horrendous charges added to my mums account are legal.

Being that this complaint is not related to PPI can you advise if there is a time limit for a response by the FOS?

Thanks

Shane

• 1 month later...

UPDATE:

Hi people

I had a call from my assigned agent at the FOS on Friday regarding my complaint against Studio Catalogue. The call was just to say he had been assigned to review and conclude the complaint so hopefully we should know if the ridiculous charges applied to my mums account over the last few years are correct.

FINGERS CROSSED!

Shane

• 2 years later...

the service charges are the monthly interest perfectly legal just their word for interest.

you should split out the PPP payments

as that's PPI and can easily be reclaimed.

as for any fixed same fee admin charges [late over letter phone usually £12 etc]

if these are within 6yrs from today

you shold put in a sep claim forthem.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

the service charges are the monthly interest perfectly legal just their word for interest.

you should split out the PPP payments

as that's PPI and can easily be reclaimed.

as for any fixed same fee admin charges [late over letter phone usually £12 etc]

if these are within 6yrs from today

you shold put in a sep claim forthem.

dx

DX got the PPP / PPI charges back + a gesture of goodwill from Studio for the protracted nature of their dealings with this account. We were happy with the result.

Apologies for not updating the thread but can be marked as settled by Admin now

you'll have to let us know the secret when you're not too involved in your present issues!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...