Morphy richards kettle leaking after 5 mths

marsaday
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4934 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We bought a MR kettle from morrisons for £20 in May and it is now leaking. We dont have a receipt and morrisons said to call MR.

I called them and they said they can do nothing as we have no receipt.

Anyone know my rights here ? The kettle is faulty after only 5 mths.

All we have is the instructions with the 2 yr warranty. No box and no proof of purchase.

*You need proof of purchase above all things. If you paid by card then a statement showing the payment should be sufficient proof. If you have the proof then take it back to morrisons not morphy richards. S.14 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 states that goods must be durable, of satisfactory quality and fit for purpose. Any fault within 6 months of purchase is deemed to have been there from day 1 under S.48A of the aforementioned Act. It is the seller who is responsible for either repair, replacement or refund not the manufacturer and as it is only 5 months old you can have a refund. Trading standards should support this so please ask them. Hope this helps.

*All my advice is given without prejudice

LL.B (Hons) - University of Derby

'real world' legal and retail experience too

• 2 weeks later...

GEt back onto Morrisons & Morphy Richards. The kettle has a 2 year guarrantee, and Morphy Richards never keep a model in the range for longer than that, in addition the serial number of the kettle will give them an idea of when it was made. In short they both know it is under guarrantee, but you will need to be firm with them.