HSBC Disability Discrimination

magnum32
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4927 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I am taking HSBC to court over disability discrimination

I have a severe speech problem, HSBC were charging me 23.9% during 2009

I tried to sort it out but they kept on discriminating by asking me to explain on phone, even though I sent Written explanation of my hardship,

Even when I tried to pay by phone they kept on asking for a lenghty explaination even though they have it on file

I explained my disability - they did not make any adjustments or ask 'how can we help to make it easy'

I am going to Mediation set up by court NEXT week Wednesday 6th October, London - only I don't have any legal representation.... and I can't speak.

My PA who was supposed to help me speak (read out what I write) can't make it so I am stuck and panicking.

Can someone help or know anyone who can ? they don't necessarily have to be legally knowledged as long as they can speak clearly on my behalf ?

I am willing to pay up to £70 or a little more for 3 hours.

Hello

its the City of London Court

But the court refered me to Mediation - Which is also in London, City Disputed Service.

I had to go through this other wise I would be seen as un-co-operative to resolve the problem

Becuase I lost my job in 2008 I can't afford legal servive,

One solicitor took on the case on legal aid and dropped it again with explanation -

only 50/50 chance of winning

not worth spending legal aid with such a chance

lack of evidence

I found plenty of evidence - but the solicitor over looked it

Human Rights Commission say I have a case

I been preparing the case myself as I know quite a bit about diversity and discrimination,

I had a PA who cannot make it on that day to Mediation so I am stuck with noone to speak for me

Hi

I have speech problems too. Worse case scenario, if you cannot get help, is it possible to take in a laptop and use text reader software?

It will certainly show the difficulties you have in communicating and the lengths you have to take to be heard and how difficult it is to attempt to vocalise a response.

Also try these they provide disability advocacy they may be able to help

CHOICE IN HACKNEY

Defoe Block

Ground Floor

Hackney Community College

Falkirk Street (Hoxton Street entrance)

London N1 6HQ

Telephone: 020 7613 3206

Textphone: 020 7613 3208

Fax: 020 7739 8599

Email: [email protected] This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

Office Hours: Monday to Friday 9:30am - 5:00pm, except Tuesday 9:30am - 1pm