style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4952 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm not sure if this is the right place or if anything can be done but thought it would be worth asking.

We live in a first floor flat and have incredibly noisy neighbours in the flat above. They have 4 small children running around all day. I have been complaining to the council for the best part of the last 3 years.

Admittedly the council have tried to help, i've had noise equipment etc but nothing came of it because the noise is from children and is not anti social which i agree with. However i do believe that its not fair on us to have to put up with this all day and night. The neighbours have laminate flooring which is making the situation even worse. They installed it during the complaining so they knew there was noise problem but continued to put it down.

They were told by the council they had to take it up and put carpet down, they even got good underlay to put under the carpet for them but the neighbours have refused to do it saying that they cant have carpet because of their sons asthma.

This is all fair enough but where do i go now? Its not my fault they have 4 children and have noisy laminate and yet it is me and my family that suffer all day and night because of it. Its not just the odd footsteps that can be heard its thumping, its REALLY bad. They make no effort to keep the noise down what so ever and they are aloud to get away with it. Shouting, crying, running around, slamming doors, noisy sex at night, the list could go on. They are the type of people that have kids so they dont have to work. They have a 'i dont care attitude'. The council have refused to re house them because they continue to have children for what they can get out of it. They are majorly over crowded and its us dealing with it.

We were awarded more points after my doctor got involved because my son has a condition that makes him very poorly and he is unable to rest at home, but its not enough to get us moved.

Can anyone help? I'm at my wits end :-x

Conniff,

Not wanting to cause further upset as you are obviously upset not to have received any sort of acknowledgement.

The OP hasn't actually been on the site since they posted the thread so they may well not have seen your replies to them. I think it would be a different matter if they had been on and not acknowledged your assistance and time taken to reply.

Feebee_71

I'm not upset at all Feebee, it's no skin off my nose if they have a problem, but it doesn't help anyone else if they have found a way around the problem but just keep it to themselves.

When you make a post, you are subscribed to that thread and will receive an email should anyone make any further posts, assuming of course that you subscribed with a legitimate email address. :)