• Tweets

• Documents arrived today dated 27th March.  This is a cc taken out a long time ago (2008) and they don't seem to have been able to provide a copy of a CCA agreement, just reams of print outs of lines of texts from old bank statements, default notices etc.   
    • Documents finally arrived today from PRA group.  New day have sent me lots of paperwork, copies of default letters and statements, print out of what looks like a CCA that would have been completed on online, IP address as signature.  This debt is not too old, so possible this is the true copy of agreement ?  Not sure what my defence would be beyond irresponsible lending. 
    • pers i wouldn't.. all you need to know is in the posts of that thread....that being section 127(3) of the CCA refers. if under a CCA return, the 'creditor' claims its a recon, it must not contain any details like a sig, tickbox, or typed name (whether you signed physically or by online tickbox) 1. those are not necessary in a recon, so why inc them? (faked??) 2, it cant thus be a recon!!, it must be a copy of the 'original' from the original creditor, not from a debt buyers filing cabinet. they shouldn't not be 'mixing' some original docs from the OC with crap from their filing cabinet, claiming its ALL a recon! because some of it is faked. just remember there are far more docs like NOA and a DN that are as equally important to a court claim of 'this debt is enforceable'. never rely solely upon the dodgy agreement argument.
    • India has thousands of small gold refineries which are facing more competition from big players.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Rbs & OH's Credit Card 'debt'

little teacup
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4655 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My OH has/had a CC with RBS. Back in July we told them we were having financial difficulties.

We have done everything they have requested with financial statements and answering letters, returning the credit card.

But today he has had 2 letters.

One saying they accept our repayment offer but this is £4 more than our offer. But no details on how to pay.

And the second stating " a default notice has recently been served against you. As they amount requested in the DN has not been received, your account has been terminiated." We have never received a DN.

Can anyone tell us how to proceed with this.

I have also asked them not to phone and they still do. When I asked why they are still phoning said they have to show that they are making contact by phone or letter. When I a said you are sending letters why phone he replied "because we do and will continue to phone" and this phone call was on a Sunday!

Sorry for rambling on! Just need a little advice on what to do next.

Thanks in advance :smile:

LT

Edited by little teacup
too much rambling

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

How old is the account and are there any charges you could re-claim.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

First piece of advice I like to offer, is to never speak on the 'phone, do not answer their security questions and just repeat ' in writing only' and put the phone down.

They are not entitled to your Income and Expenditure, and you can pay the amount that is comfortable for you, despite their letter.

You can send the telephone harrassment letter:

Re: Harassment by telephone

ACCOUNT NUMBER: XXXX

Dear Sirs

I am writing in relation to the quantity and frequency of telephone calls that I have received from your company, which I deem to be personally harassing.

I have verbally requested that these stop, but I am still receiving calls. (Delete if necessary)

I now require all further correspondence from your company to be made in writing only.

I am of the view that your continued harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine.

Be advised that any further telephone calls from your company will be recorded. (**Even if you don‘t yet have recording equipment!!**)

Yours faithfully,

[NAME HERE]

Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act

“S40 Punishment for unlawful harassment of debtors.

A person commits an offence if, with the object of coercing another person to pay money claimed from the other as a debt due under a contract he- harasses the other with demands for payment which, in respect of their frequency, or the manner or occasion of making any such demand, or of any threat or publicity by which any demand is accompanied, are calculated to subject him or members of his family or household to alarm, distress or humiliation; falsely represents, in relation to the money claimed, that criminal proceedings lie for failure to pay it; falsely represents himself to be authorised in some official capacity to claim or enforce payment; or utters a document falsely represented by him to have some official character, or purporting to have some official character which he know it has not.

A person may be guilty of an offence by virtue of sub-section (1) (a) above if he concerts with others in the taking of such actions as is described in that paragraph, notwithstanding that his own course of conduct does not by itself amount to harassment.”

and if they continue to telephone report them to Ofcom/OFT and Trading Standards: Consumer Direct Ofcom

Write also and tell them you will ONLY pay by standing order and request their bank details for this.

Sorry to nag but has anyone any advice for me?

LT

The general advice is to start with a CCA request, you have the right under the Cunsomer Credit Act 1974 to request a copy of it together with a statement of account, they must then supply it within 12 days of receiving the request (also allow 2 days for postage). If they don't, the account goes into dispute and the they are not allowed to take any enforcement action. Upon receiving it, remove all personal details, barcode and other information that could be used to identify you, scan it and post it here. People will be able to advice you further from that point on.

You can use this template letter:

[Your Address]

[Their Address]

[Date]

Dear Sir/Madam

Re:− Account/Reference Number: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

*** Request made under section 77/78/79 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974****

With reference to the above agreement, I would be grateful if you would send me a true copy of this credit agreement and a full breakdown of the account including any interest or charges applied.

I understand that under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 [sections 77-79], I am entitled to receive a copy of any credit agreement and a statement of account on request.

With regards to the section above can you please supply me with a complete list of transactions and charges relating to my account with your organisation. Alternatively, a complete set of statements for that period will be acceptable.

Under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 creditors are unable to enforce an agreement if they fail to comply with the request for a copy of the agreement and statement of account under these sections of the Act.

Should you supply me with only a reconstituted version of the Credit Agreement, I will appreciate it if you can supply me with the reasons for doing so and why you didn’t supplied a copy of the original signed agreement.

I enclose the statutory fee of £1. You have 12 days in which to comply.

Please note that for security reasons I didn’t sign this request and I draw your attention to the fact that the Consumer Credit Act 1974 does not require that I supply you a copy of my signature before you comply with my section 77/78 request.

Furthermore, the above address is the one which you normally sent statements and correspondence containing extensive sensitive private information to my address and which you use to communicate my private business to me and which you have hitherto found to be acceptable.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully,

Print your name, DO NOT sign!

You have to include a £1 payment, either cheque or postal order. You should be able to get also statements that could tell about charges and PPI, which you can reclaim.

The second (or first!) piece of advice is the telephone harrasment letter but HS provided it.

“We believe Capital One Law takes privilege over UK Law” – Sven Lagerberg – Capital One.

-----------------

By supplying ALL the documents WILL NOT answer your questions but by supplying a SELECTIVE few will. – Jayne Sheenan – HSBC

------------------

Separate requests with a fee should be made to ALL relevant Data Controllers in an organisation. - Jayne Sheenan – HSBC

------------------

Our t&c's overrides ICO guidelines when reporting to CRA's - Karon A Bullock - Capital One

Thanks Lord Tiger I will send that off today as well. Many thanks everyone

LT

ALWAYS send these letters recorded, so that they cannot deny that they received them!

“We believe Capital One Law takes privilege over UK Law” – Sven Lagerberg – Capital One.

-----------------

By supplying ALL the documents WILL NOT answer your questions but by supplying a SELECTIVE few will. – Jayne Sheenan – HSBC

------------------

Separate requests with a fee should be made to ALL relevant Data Controllers in an organisation. - Jayne Sheenan – HSBC

------------------

Our t&c's overrides ICO guidelines when reporting to CRA's - Karon A Bullock - Capital One

Just about to send the letters but I am unsure which RBS address to send the telephone harrassment letter to.

Any advice?

LT

I am using this one:

The Royal Bank of Scotland plc

Customer Service

PO Box 5747

Southen-on-Sea

SS1 9AJ

-----------------

------------------

------------------

• 2 weeks later...

Just had another letter off RBS stating they do not accept our offer and will be issueing Default Notices. The worrying thing is they have included our mortgage, which is arrears but with their knowledge and permission. I am getting very worried now. Is there anything I should be doing? In this latest letter they would like us to ring and discuss how they can "assist" us. Many thanks for any advice.

LT

Just had another letter off RBS stating they do not accept our offer and will be issueing Default Notices. The worrying thing is they have included our mortgage, which is arrears but with their knowledge and permission. I am getting very worried now. Is there anything I should be doing? In this latest letter they would like us to ring and discuss how they can "assist" us. Many thanks for any advice.

LT

The general advice is NOT to phone them, they will just try to put pressure on you. By not phoning them you WILL NOT be worse off in anyway! There is no rule, legislation, indication or anything that discussions must be made over the phone, they are just trying to use it to their advantage.

Did they responded to you CCA request?, if not then you can put the account in Dispute and there is not much they can do while it is in dispute, they will try but they are teethless.

Can you clarify what you mean by the inclusion of the mortgage? Did they combined them or is it 2 seperate issues? If seperate they you will have to deal with each on its own.

-----------------

------------------

------------------

Dear l t

They're combining 3 things in one letter to frighten you; keep them separate in any replies because they are subject to different law, regulations and guidance.

Obviously the mortgage is critical so make sure you maintain a proper paper trail of what has been agreed.

If you are in arrears with your mortgage ( a priority debt) then you probably cannot afford more than you are offering.

best wihses

vic

I know I shouldn't have but I phoned the mortgage dept and they said just to keep paying what we have agreed and it will be ok. We don't have any paperwork so show what we have agreed as OH did it all by phone as we were making manual payments at the time but we have been told it is all on the system.

I know I shouldn't have but I phoned the mortgage dept and they said just to keep paying what we have agreed and it will be ok. We don't have any paperwork so show what we have agreed as OH did it all by phone as we were making manual payments at the time but we have been told it is all on the system.

It is critical that you are keeping your head clear and realise what they are doing! They use any trick what they can think of to pressure you and this is the purpose of combining the 3 thinhs in one letter. Ensure you are keeping them seperate.

The mortgage is certainly your priority and it is understandable that you felt you had to phone them. You can always insist that they confirm what was said in writing to you. If you have an agreement and you are keeping up your part, then there is nothing they can do, but it is important that you have it on paper.

You say they mentioned it is all on the system, you can always make a SAR (unfortunately it cost £10) but then you will have a paper copy of what "is on the system". IMHO that will give you peace of mind as well as evidence.

-----------------

------------------

------------------

• 4 weeks later...

Morning all

Can anyone have a look at this and let me know if it is ok. I have removed all personal details. The agreement was signed by OH but it was not dated.

Thanks a million

LT

http://i1020.photobucket.com/albums/af322/silverblinds/rbs/RBS001.jpg

http://i1020.photobucket.com/albums/af322/silverblinds/rbs/RBS002.jpg

http://i1020.photobucket.com/albums/af322/silverblinds/rbs/RBS003.jpg

First link doesn't work, second two are OK, but on the 2nd scan it states at the bottom of the page 'page 7 of 7' where are the others?

I am a little confused as to whether you signed this on their premises or not, at first I thought you had, but then read your right to cancel will be sent under different cover at a later date?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi Bazooka Boo

Sorry for not replying sooner, having marriage crisis talks so not a very good time at the moment.

I think this is the correct link for the other page.

http://i1020.photobucket.com/albums/af322/silverblinds/rbs/RBS001.jpg

Although it does say there are 7 pages these were all I received from RBS, even though I sent the £1.00 Postal Order.

The agreement was signed by OH at our house and then posted back to the bank. He didn't date it.

Thanks

LT