Mark Vs RBS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6374 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Today is the day I send my request for charges letter. I received all my statements for both accounts I have with RBS; one Royalties Account and one Current Account (IPCA). Both accounts total £4,397.91 as of today going back 6 years excluding the 8% interest at this stage.

If I am correct in my interpretation of the guidence on the site it shouldn't matter if my gross of 8% interest court claim is above the £5,000, apart from an increase in Court charges to £250, i.e., as long as the 'track' is below the £5,000.

I will keep you up-to-date as to how I get along.

Mark

• 3 weeks later...

Just before I was about to send my nice chaser letter, I receive my reply from the RBS, in a nut shell telling me to take a hike!

"We believe our charges are fair, reasonable and transparent. We consider that the amounts debited to your account have been applied stictly in accordance with you agreement with us and our published tarrif, which we are satisfied complies with all applicable laws and regulations."

"We have considered and responded to the OFT's statement of 5th April 2006. We do not accept the OFT's findings in relation to credit card fees. We are concerned that the OFT has publicly called into question the setting of charges applied to other products, including current accounts. The OFT has restriced its investigations to credit cards and made no attempt to consult with RBS or the industry in relation to other, entirely different products"

Consequently, against that backgroud, we must differ with the views expressed in your letter and will not be refunding any of the charges applied to your bank account."

Im looking forward to this.... here we go!:)

M

Hiya all!I am putting together today the next letter 'pay me in full within the next 14 days otherwise I am taking you to court'. The final chance. Now, I am assuming that at this early stage they with either offer me a good will payment (that I will reject), or a letter sticking to their guns, which I expect. Thus off to court..Quick question though, If I do make an on-line claim I have to enter an address that is in England or Wales, however my correspondence has been with RBS in Edinburgh. How do I get around this?Help greatly appreciated.M

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mark,

All sounds pretty standard so far hun, just hang in there and we all know that you will get your charges refunded in full before they show up to defend a claim in court!!

Stacy xx

NatWest - Settled in full 22/05/06

RBS- Prelim sent 9/05/06 £1,147

£500 offer 27/05/06, rejected 30/05/06

LBA sent 25/05/06 :razz:

MCOL 15/06/06

Defence received 20/07/06

Settled in full 01/09/06 wahey!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

Well done!

Stacy xx

NatWest - Settled in full 22/05/06