capital one applied for on internet

gwendolenemae
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4752 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

please help, I have offered capital one £350.00 in full and final settlement for a debt, they reckon i should pay them £633.00, the difference being their late payment charges , I have absolutely refused to pay the extra, what are they likely to do, will they give in in the end please

Hi,

I would send them a preliminary letter asking for the charges you have paid back-with interest-compounded! We'll see how much is left owing after doing that. You have tried to be reasonable but of course they can't see the woods for the trees

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

If you apply for your charges back, the account is then in dispute. While it is in dispute they shouldn't go near a court and I happen to think that is a long way off. What is most likely is that you sue them first for the refund of the charges.

You seem to know exactly how much the charges are so do a breakdown of the charges, add the monthly interest over and over then when you get to your final figure, send the letter. Be sure of your figures before you start as they will fight if you are wildly wrong.

As it's Cap1 they will (probably) offer the difference between what you were charged and the £12 they charge now. You want ALL the charges back. They usually capitulate once court papers are served

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

• 4 months later...

what can I do,

my mother has been having letters for me from a debt collector.

my mother opens them,

tears them up and throws them in the bin,

she then tells me a couple of weeks later that she has had a letter for me from a debt collector owing them money,

she cant remember who it is from,

how much I owe and

then says she told me about it last time.

I do not have a clue who the letters are from and my mother is opening my private post.

The last one she received she gave to my sister to return to the debt collector marking on it that I was unknown at that address,

I still have not seen one of these letters myself and still do not have a clue what it is about,

If I ask my mother she just gets nasty and says she is feeling ill.

I am just as annoyed with my sister for not letting me have the letter.

My family are a nightmare.

Any ideas

Maybe it's a bit dramatic but you could point out that what she is doing is a criminal offence.