Bank charges slashed by Metro Bank

BankFodder
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3315 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Had to go to the branch on Tuesday as I had forgotten my online logon details... they were incredibly helpful, they have a person who greets you and sees what you need and makes sure you get the right person FIRST, unlike NatWest where you ask the greeting person and they say "Have you gone to telephone banking, or telephone banking deal with that...."

Very impressed so far, long may this continue.:-)

• 5 months later...

I have been keeping an eye on this thread as i thought it might be an answer to my banking needs but the lack of DD`s on the basic account is a problem for me as my credit history is awful. Shame, but seems to be a fresher approach to peoples banking needs & i will keep a watch to see if they upgrade their basic account.

middxx

• 4 years later...

My friend has been with Metro for around three years and has been delighted.

Straightforward, uncomplicated, more like a smart hotel experience than a bank.

Open 8 in the morning until 8 at night means they can get banking done when it is convenient for them.

As far as charges go, they have only mentioned negative interest, not actually branded 'charges'.

*Overseas transactions are free in Europe with fees applied in the rest of the world. Europe consists of the member countries of the Single European Payment Area (SEPA).

That has saved them a fortune as a frequent European traveller. They were charged 'reasonably' when they went to Australia, so they are recommending them to me on that alone.

I am having to travel to the nearest branch by train, but will see how they compare to my friends experience some years after this thread was started.

Find something to enjoy every day.

[20190624]