"Access all settings for your Microsoft Windows Vista (32 bit) and Windows 7 (all versions)"

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4967 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Really simple, Create a folder anywhere (I prefer to place it on the desktop) and rename it to

GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}

Simples :D

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

The above works in Windows Vista (32 bit) and Windows 7 (32 bit and 64 bit)

You can name the folder anything you want, I suggest :-

LocutusIsTheGreatest.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

to

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

C.A.G. Toolbar

dam it does nothing in XP :D

Or hidden instructions i missed :rolleyes:

NEVER FORGET

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Help Our Hero's Website

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

HIGHWAY OF HEROES

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/181826-last-tribute-our-lads.html

Like Cooking ? check the Halogen Cooker thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/218990-cooking-halogen-cookers.html

Hey Locutus,

Thanks for that tip it is the most useful one I've ever been given everything is assessable from the desktop now and I do not have to go searching for what I need.

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

locutus i think this thread is worthy of a sticky i say this because many disabled would find this useful as in my case a stroke survivor who has memory problems and finds it (or did) a real pain to remember where stuff is

It took me 30 mins yesterday to locate disk defag so you can see just how useful this button on the desktop will be

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

That's up to "the powers that be" I guess. I'm glad it's worthy of such praise from you. As you know it's a collection of over 200 tools and settings that are normally accessible from "Control Panel". It'll still take some wading through to find what you want, I'm glad I could help :)

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

ok its not a miracle as we thought, post from a windows techie says :sad:

Windows XP has this same feature (as does every Windows OS) it is called the control panel :rolleyes:

dam I searched about it then the penny dropped, I have the ICON on desktop already I put it there, a shortcut to control panel :-x

nealry kicked the cat ,, could not find it anywhere, another problem I found we dont have a darn cat :-o

but is a great tip for those with Vista and windrop 7, great tip Locutus

Edited by kiptower
  • Haha 1

NEVER FORGET

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Help Our Hero's Website

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

HIGHWAY OF HEROES

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/181826-last-tribute-our-lads.html

Like Cooking ? check the Halogen Cooker thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/218990-cooking-halogen-cookers.html

It's not got anything new, more like viewing everything in control panel (even sub-settings) and administrative tools in list view.

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

you also need to becareful of the size implications

the more things you have on your desktop [barring shortcuts]

the slower you pc will be to boot into your username.

if you have folders/zip files/documents etc etc [again anything bar shortcts on your desktop]

then it will go slower and slower.

just do a test

create a new user, time it till the HDD light stops going bananas.

the reboot and log in as yourself, it should be the same speed as a new user bar 10-15secs.

that'll get you all playing.!!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Good point DX. This doesn't have to go on your desktop, can put it in "My documents" and then right click and Create a shortcut, then move the shortcut to the desktop.

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

Great thread Locutus,

If you would like to tell us why we would need to do this, then how, in plain English, (like wot I can understand :D), I'll make it a stcky.

If you do, I might have to remove the more off topic posts, so don't be supprised if Cagbot turns up !!

Lex

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Great thread Locutus,

If you would like to tell us why we would need to do this, then how, in plain English, (like wot I can understand :D), I'll make it a stcky.

If you do, I might have to remove the more off topic posts, so don't be supprised if Cagbot turns up !!

Lex

I'll answer in the form of pictures then :p

OK, this only works on Windows Vista (32 bit) and Windows 7 (all versions)

Step 1, Right click in the location that you want this folder, and select new folder. It will appear Like so :-

newfolder.jpg

Rename the folder to GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C} (just copy and paste that text, highlight it by left click and hold at the beginning of the G, and drag to the } so the entire phrase is highlighted, then press CTRL + C, then right click the "new folder" and rename, then delete all the text in the folder name and press CTRL + V) (you can replace "GodMode" with anything you like)

Now the folder will look like this :-

godmode.jpg

Double click that icon will open every setting on the computer, like this

godmodeopened.jpg

Hope some more people find this useful :)

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

If you do make it a sticky, can it be renamed to "Access all settings for your Microsoft Windows Vista (32 bit) and Windows 7 (all versions)"

Also, as to the "Why" It just puts the settings all in 1 easy to find and easy to remember place.

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

Thread now *Stuck*. Title changed as requested and tided up a bit. :)

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 3 weeks later...
just do a test

create a new user, time it till the HDD light stops going bananas.

the reboot and log in as yourself, it should be the same speed as a new user bar 10-15secs.

dx

Not quite.

Booting into any version of Windows for the first time on a new user will always take longer than normal as the profile has to be built.

Would be better to suggest to time it booting for the second time :D