• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Bank Charges- Donation Fund

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4998 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone

THIS thread is about asking every member and i mean every member thats 230000 of us to donate £1 for a court costs fighting fund for bank charges

I want every member to reply with a simple yes

thats over 230000 of us

AND IF THIS IS GONA WORK a site team member can get an account numb and sort code will be provided so the £1 can be deposited

so for now all im asking is for a yes response to see if all our members could possibly donate

The cag is the best site on the net and has help 1000,s of people many many and i am one of them

This is our chance to help them and all of us to beat the mighty "BANKS"

LETS TRY AND DO THIS

• Haha 1

Yes ;)

LTSB PPI on various loans (current/settled) - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 1 Charges - Refunded inc CI

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Charges - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Accident Ins - Refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage Charges -Partially refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage PPI - Refunded inc CI & 8%

Sainsburys (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI +8%

Sainsburys (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI + 8%

M&S Money (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI

M&S Money (closed) Card PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Direct Line (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI + 8%

Debenhams Card (closed) PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Swift Mortgage Charges -Refunded

Hitachi Finance (closed) Charges - Refunded

Whilst I admire you effort from a practical perspective, it is not going to be easy to open a new bank account, never mind one that is for fighting the banks.

In the meantime, I suggest that sums are paid in the normal way to CAG, I have just made a donation accordingly.

Maybe the sums could be ring fenced by CAG for taking up the bank charges issue again. I am sure a member of the site team will be along to advise on whether they even wish to consider this.

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

I've already posted this on a related thread but feel that the more caggers that see it the better.

The idea of a 'Fighting Fund' is obviously a good idea but getting caggers to donatelink3.gif is going to need a miracle I suspect.

Have a look at this thread by Bankfodder....

CAG toolbar - very disappointing

Morning all,

Count me in...it's a 'yes' from me! (I've always wanted to be able to say that!)

Regards

Dougal

Update: 2013 Following our recent (9/7/13) hearing about Bank Charges at the Court of Appeal, and refusal to grant permission to Appeal; an Application has just (23/10/2013) been made for a fresh hearing and the Court Location is yet to be confirmed!

Yes

omnia praesumuntur legitime facta donec probetur in contrarium

Please note: I am not a member of the legal profession, all advice given is purely my opinion, if in doubt consult a professional

NO .......... sorry just couldn't resist it. I can resist anything bar temptation....

You should ask Lloyds TSB after all they are the bank that like to say YES

HTH (Hope This Helps) RDM2006

THE FORCE (OF CAG) IS WITH YOU

;)

We've Helped You To Claim - Now Help Us Remain

A live Site - Make a Donation

All advice and opinions given by people on this site are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

However, if you have found any advice you have been given helpful.

Why not show your gratitude And

Click the * on the post you found helpful.

That's a YES from me too .......... and it would be a lovely irony to have a fund in a bank which is for the purpose of screwing the banks ....... for a change ..... LOL ! :D

But , as I said on another site ...... any funding needs to be ring-fenced to service only the funds to allow claimants to take their claims to a higher court . The banks are relying on people not being willing to risk money to move their claims along ..... which means they're terrified that the Small Claims Court would be inundated with claims if one made it through ....... so they're trying to price the little people out of the courts ....disgusting , obnoxious , reprehensible behaviour ..... as usual ... :evil:

Edited by johnnymitch

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

Ok that's 19 replies so we have £19 we need all members 260000....... So we need 260000 replies,posts, yes!!! This is a start so spread the word more replies...... Let's get this campaign moving and show the banks we meen bloody buisness!!!!!!!!!!

How do we get "all members" to look at this thread and realise how important this is...... I'm not begging for funds I'm telling people that this is a way of funding higher court claims and sending a clear message to banks saying U CANT SCARE US ANYMORE!!!!! So members how can we let everyone know????????

Think you need admin on board then they can do announcements, press and articles if they decide to go for it. Have you spoken with admin? There isn't really a clear idea of what the money is intended for ? Is it to bail a one man band claimant out if he loses ? or for something a bit more organised like a representative action ? To gain the interest it needs spelling out as its all a little vague.

This fund will be for people who are to scared about the financial implications on the light of the news that bank charges claims are now being moved to higher courts....... As the financial risk of losing are high this fund will support people in there challenge to reclaim therebank charges

Okay so you need to state that clearly, and what types of cases it will be used to support - anyone who continues in a bank charges case, or selected cases which are assessed by ?solicitor/site team/barrister etc? as having a good (better than average?) chance of success (remember the arguments are quite individual now).

As example -we have seen people putting in claims on the CCA arguments which have no charges after April 2007, or even the account was closed before then...

Do you see what I mean? I'm not trying to put any spanners in the works but I think that will be why interest in donating will not be very high, as things stand it is too vague, and you do not appear to have admin behind the idea as yet.