Dave318 v RBS (newbie)

dave318
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6340 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just started on my road to reclaiming charges. Request sent on 8th August, along with a cheque, (written by my wife as I don't have a cheque book).

Now here is where it gets strange! They paid the cheque from my wife into my account, (£10) then took £10 out of my account as a statement request.

They have since taken another £5 re. a Historic statement fee.

I phoned them up today regarding this as I had already had £10 taken out of my account. The girl said she had never heard of the £10 Status Request charge before, but said that she would speak to someone else about refundin the other £5.

Just waiting now. Also wondering if they haven't increased the charge for this "service" now.

Anyone heard of this before?

:confused::confused::confused:

Data Protection Request sent 08/08/06: 1st Letter of Approach sent 31/08/06 claiming £783

LBA sent 15/09/06 their letter crossed in the post.

Lost letter (despite it being recorded delivery)

Phone call made Tuesday 10/10/06: Fax sent (copy LBA) 11/10/06

Offer arrived 14/10/06 £480 (No way)

Anyway,got my £5 refunded :), and got the statements through the post as well. No accompanying letter or return address. My charges over the last 5 years (in Scotland) amount to £765. So spreadsheet was duly done and printed off and sent away the next day.

Am I right in saying that I should not be claiming the 8% interest on charges just yet?

Also, as it is just over the £750 barrier, should I go for a Summary Cause, as, with interest it comes to nearer £950?

Data Protection Request sent 08/08/06: 1st Letter of Approach sent 31/08/06 claiming £783

Just had to re-do my spreadsheet as I didn't save it. I have found that I underestimated my previous spreadsheet by £18. I can only think that a £28 charge has been put down as £10 and sent away. Will this matter or should I ammend this on my second letter?:?

Good luck dave,

will be watching with interest.

susanne is right just amend for your second letter.If you get anymore in the mean time just keep note of them for your sm claim/summ cause.

mairi

Thanks for that.

Next problem will be that I will be on holiday when the second letter time limit runs out. I suppose that will give them a few extra days to think about it.

BTW, are people just giving 14 days straight, or 14 working days?

Cheers

Dave,

only ever count calender days! They are after all a rather large company and not just two bank tellers and the cat struggling along with these tasks. You'll soon find out that they take ever day that they can to reply to your requests. They will push any deadline to the eleventh hour, because they can, in an effort to ut you off the scent. Don't worry about the fact that you're on holiday, prep the letter before you go, update your spread sheet when you get back and ping it away with glee, a nice end to your time off. Just think, the money you will get back will reimburse some/all of your holiday expenditure!!

Have a good one!!

BC

Big Col:p

RBS LBA 20/06/06. WON - 21/10/06

MBNA(1)-Start-20/06/06, Claim-£250, 15/8 - Winner!!

MBNA Virgin(2)-Start-20/06/06, Claim £100, 15/8 - Winner!!

BoS MCard Data Protection Act Sent 20/06/06 - WON 16/10/06

Green On!

If the post/advice helps, pse click on the scales!! :cool:

Thanks for that folks. Much appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, given them plenty of time now. No response. (16th day since sent letter). Now it is time for the second letter.

Dave

Dave,

BRING IT ON!!!!

BC:lol:

Green On!

OK, their letter must have crossed in the post as I received one today.

It contained the usual bumf about "We believe charge to be fair, reasonable and transparent"...blah blah blah.

BUT, there is a paragraph at the bottom which I had not heard before.

"We have considered and responded to the Office of Fair Trading's statement of5 April 2006. We do not accept the OFT's findings in relation to credit card fees." (Hello, I never metioned my credit card, just my bank account) "We are concerned that the OFT has publicly called into question the setting of charges applied to other products, including current accounts. The OFT has restricted its investigation to credit cards and made no attempt to consult with RBS or the industry in relation to other, entirely different products.

Consequently, against that background, we must differ with the views expressed in your letter and will not be refunding any of the charges applied to your bank account.

Again, thank you for taking the time and trouble to write."

Is this just a new tactic to put you off or do they have some merit in what they say. I am only claiming charges on my current account, not any credit cards.

Dave

Ive had one of these... just a standard fob off letter

don't worry about it

stick to your timescale and go for it

Dave

** We would not seek a battle as we are, yet as we are, we say we will not shun it. (Henry V) **

see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,

Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:

Follow your spirit; and, upon this charge

Cry 'God for Harry! England and Saint George!'

:D If you think I have helped, informed, or amused you do the clickey scaley thing !! :D

Thanks Dave, that's what I thought. I'm taking it all the way. I won't be put off easily.

Dave

hi dave. i got one as well from the famous tommy mclean but i have been asured by other members its just a fob off. GO AND GET YOUR MONEY BACK looks like we are on the same time scale so lets see who gets paid out first lol.

rbos prem letter sent 25th aug 06

give me 10 more days letter received 2nd sept 06

lba sent 7th sept 06

settled in full 7/10/2006

Sent my LBA recorded delivery and logged on to royal mail this morning. It only arrived this morning, but that should give them plenty of time to reply as it took them 16 days to reply to my first one, (delivered 17 days after it was sent).

Hopefully my next letter should be lying on my doorstep when I get home from my holiday.

Keeping track of how you are doing Suzanne as you are about a week ahead of me.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, got back from holiday to nothing, (although I think the 16 year old daughter may have thrown stuff away). Anyway, not organised at all and need to get on to the next stage.

Dave

OK, may have made an arse of it. Looked at the original fob off letter and thought, "I really should have had a letter from them". Also thought, maybe I should phone and check that they received it. Although I sent it recorded delivery and it arrived on the morning of 19th September, they stated, that it hadn't been logged and they didn't have it in their department.

So I have to send it back by fax tomorrow and I will get a quick reply, hopefully.

Got to say though that Tommy did sound very nice, was very helpful and honest and said that they seem to be getting more organised regarding this. I think they know that it is a game, but are playing it and trying to put people off.

dave

hi dave hope you had a nice holiday, have you had chance to read my thread yet? my advise is email a letter to tommy(copy and paste mine if you want) and attatch copy of lba. tell him hes had enough time but you are prepared to give him a couple more days. dont give him any longer than that before you ring him see what response you get............ if you need his direct line or email let me know good luck and lets hope it works quickly for you

rbos prem letter sent 25th aug 06

give me 10 more days letter received 2nd sept 06

lba sent 7th sept 06

settled in full 7/10/2006

Dave,

sounds like good advice, it's worth a try. If you know what you want from talking to Tommy, then give it a whirl, but be sure you know what you are willing to accept as a compromise. Don't let yourself go for anything less than what you are owed.

BC:cool:

Green On!

Sent off faxes today and will probably give them a week or so. Just read your thread. Excellent, well done.

Got a return letter yesterday, pretty quick.

BUT, only offered settlement of £480,:-( when the whole is going to come in at over £1000.

Spoke to DW about this and she agreed with me that I should go all the way.

Just need to get the next stage sorted in my head. Looked at the court stuff for Summary Cause, and it looked a bit daunting, but I'll go down to the court tomorrow and ask some advice.

Dave

PS. I couldn't find the Summary Cause form on here (for Scotland), but found it eventually in the court website.

Going to pop down to the court just now to pick up the relevant forms. I will take all I need in case I can fill it in there and then.

Just wanted to know, do I need the name of the Branch manager for the claim as the person I am claiming from, or can I simply put The Manager, RBOS, etc?

• 2 weeks later...

For some reason I seem to be stalling. I am just going to go for a small claims for £750 rather than go to the added hassle for £30 extra.

Just need to put one foot in front of the other first and get it done.

Also, do I need to reply to the last letter of offer from the bank or can I go straight to court?