RBS Overdraft

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5043 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

I have an overdraft facility with the RBS, I became overdrawn over my agreed limit, but have recently taken it back under my agreed limit. However, I am pretty sure that they have passed my details over to a debt collection agency who have been phoning over the last few days. I have yet to answer them because I am wary about dealing with this over the phone and I am yet to receive anything official in writing. Can anyone advise me of the best way to handle this? Do I deal with the company over the phone or do I try to deal with it in writing? Ideally I would like to arrange a way to pay it back in monthly installments- but what are my options if they demand full payment?

Would be grateful for any help you can offer me!

Hi,

If anyone calls you regarding any debt, refuse to answer their security questions-they cannot continue the phone call as if they did without ascertaining that you are the correct person, they would be breaking the Data Protection Act.

Tell them that you will only communicate in writing. The phones calls won't stop but they can't do much bullying either. If they do continue to phone, you can complain.

If you are not in the position of paying in full, pay what you can COMFORTABLY afford, not what they tell you. What can they do to you, slap your wrist:)

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE