• Tweets

• Good Evening, I've got a fairly simple question but I'll provide some context incase needed. I've pursued a company that has operations in england despite them having no official office anywhere. I've managed to find a site they operate from and the papers there have been defended so I know they operate there. They've filed a defence which is honestly the worst defence ever, and despite being required to provide their witness evidence, they have not and have completely ignored the courts and my request for copies of it. I'm therefore considering applying to strike out their defence on the grounds the defence was rubbish and that they haven't provided any evidence for the trial. However, it has a trial date set for end of june, and a civil application wouldn't get heard until a week before then, so hardly worth it. However, my local court is very good at dealing with paper applications (i.e ones that don't need hearings, and frankly I think they are literally like 1-2 days from when you submit it to when a Judge sees it. I'm wondering if I can apply to strikeout a defence without a hearing OR whether a hearing is required for a strikeout application.   Thanks
    • I have just opened another bank acc with lloyds (i have a few already) After doing some research they may have some relation to tsb or be apart of the same group will this cause me issue if my salary is paid into my lloyds account? Also, if the debts do go into default and nothing is paid then after 6 years it all goes away? As the DCAs cannot do anything? I do want to start paying in like 3/4 months or do you advise I leave it if it goes into default? again sorry for all the questions, i am just processing everything
    • one reply only  follow post 2 of letter of claim <<clickme link. dx
    • Sorry, I got confused  Yes, it states all three   Thanks, 
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Sky Complaints

Jordan
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3282 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone had any experience dealing with Sky and their complaints procedure ? I've had a highly rude intallation engineer at my house this morning, and navigating the Sky homepage and finding a complaints email / department is practically impossible.

Does anyone know of an email address which I can use by any chance ?

Could I attempt to recover the 2 days pay I've lost due to me waiting for the installation ?

Thanks to any who can help,

Jordan

04/07/2006 - Full, unconditional offer made from HSBC, accepted. £1444.xx (unfair charges)

01/06/2011 - Barclay CC PPI claim initiated

13/09/2011 - Claim rejected :|

19/10/2015 - Claim restarted !!!!

Thanks Rich

04/07/2006 - Full, unconditional offer made from HSBC, accepted. £1444.xx (unfair charges)

01/06/2011 - Barclay CC PPI claim initiated

13/09/2011 - Claim rejected :|

19/10/2015 - Claim restarted !!!!

I would start off by phoning installations. Customer service wont do much apart from prob tell you to phone installations or customer care.

I would phone installations and ask to speak to a manager and take it from there.

My claims

Halifax - Data Protection Act 26/5/06, non compliance of Data Protection Act 20/07/06, Prelim £260 3/8, LBA 19/8

TSB - Data Protection Act 25/6/06, total £225, Prelim 4/7, LBA 11/7, court claim filed 27/7

Capital One - DPA 20/06/06, Prelim £270 1/8 LBA sent 9/8

B.O.S CC - DPA 20/06/06, prelim 6/7 £130, LBA 21/7/06, court claim to be filed

Citi cards - Data Protection Act sent 20/06/06, prelim 26/07 £520, LBA t 14/8

Black horse finance - DPA 18/06/06, prelim 31/7 £180, LBA 7/8

Halifax joint account - Prelim 6/7 £744, LBA 22/7 court claim to be filed

My Mums claims

MBNA - DPA 13/06/06, Prelim 17/7 £738, LBA 7/8

Capital One - DPA 29/05/06, Prelim 10/8 £570

Barclaycard - DPA 20/06/06, Prelim 6/7 for £420, LBA 17/7 court claim to be filed

Littlewoods CC - DPA sent 3/7, non compliance of DPA sent 14/8

For ALL general enquiries you call 08702 40 40 40 the only other 2 numbers are for technical (irrelevant) and sales (irrelevant)

The only options you get are:

1. Sky Broadband

2. HD

3. Sky+

4. Digibox and everything else

So number 4 and explain to the advisor at the end of the day customer service is for dealind with problems and complaints, customer care is just another name for customer service anyway. There's no such thing as "installations" besides an installation manager may not be authorised to give you free sky for xx months in the way that CS reps can when you call

There is such thing as Installations - tel 08705 95 95 95 and install managers can give you offers or credit your account.

Customer care is a seperate department from customer services.

Customer service wont offer discounts because of this, they would just escalate it to customer care.

I know this from experience as I work for Sky.

My claims

Halifax - Data Protection Act 26/5/06, non compliance of Data Protection Act 20/07/06, Prelim £260 3/8, LBA 19/8

TSB - Data Protection Act 25/6/06, total £225, Prelim 4/7, LBA 11/7, court claim filed 27/7

Capital One - DPA 20/06/06, Prelim £270 1/8 LBA sent 9/8

B.O.S CC - DPA 20/06/06, prelim 6/7 £130, LBA 21/7/06, court claim to be filed

Citi cards - Data Protection Act sent 20/06/06, prelim 26/07 £520, LBA t 14/8

Black horse finance - DPA 18/06/06, prelim 31/7 £180, LBA 7/8

Halifax joint account - Prelim 6/7 £744, LBA 22/7 court claim to be filed

My Mums claims

MBNA - DPA 13/06/06, Prelim 17/7 £738, LBA 7/8

Capital One - DPA 29/05/06, Prelim 10/8 £570

Barclaycard - DPA 20/06/06, Prelim 6/7 for £420, LBA 17/7 court claim to be filed

Littlewoods CC - DPA sent 3/7, non compliance of DPA sent 14/8

Well thats good then because that number isnt published anywhere.

I wasnt referring specifically to Sky but in general Customer Service is the first port of call in nearly every scenario as thats what you are a customer and you need some help.

I had a problem with Sky years ago when the engineer turned up on Sunday morning and made every excuse imaginable to not install the dish including saying I needed a 20' pole in my garden to put the dish on (6 houses in the street had Sky already no problem).

I called CS and complained and they sent the special installs team round a week later who installed it in 20 mins no problems at all so CS are perfectly capable of dealing with these things

Anyway calling 404040 is fine as if theres a problem they can put you through or give you the correct number too.

• 3 years later...

After being with SKY for over 15 years ive come to the conclusion SKY is a joke. I recived my bill late (i still pay through the post office, i still pay that way after seeing a freind messed around with back accounts). Anyway the bill wasnt paid on time so SKY cut me off. Normally i pay the bill and they reconnect me, now some smart stuck up sod has decided that if you still pay through the post office before they`ll reconect you, and theyve not bothered to let anyone who pays this way know the new rules. You have to pay 3 months (around £120 for me) in advance. Id already paid around £80 a couple of weeks ago and over a week ago i paid another £42 yet still NO SKY. so ive paid £120 to see a subscribe to SKY message. Theyve treated me like crap

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All,

An email to the main man [email protected] should resolve it. Here is a copy of an email I sent:

Dear Jeremy,

I would like to express my utter frustration at the service I have received as a paying Sky customer, and have been given your contact details to try and bring some resolve to the issue.

I moved house in June and brought Sky with me from my previous address. Since moving into this address however, I have had constant intermittent internet connection and now a crackling noise has began on my line.

I have lost count of the amount of times I have called the technical help team, been given a ticket number and then passed to the "escalations" team. This has never rectified the situation and I have been requesting a BT engineer to come out in person to fix this very frustrating problem.

I have been told by the "escalations" team that it costs "a lot of money" to send an engineer and that other things have to be looked at first.

The question I have is this,.....How Many times does a Customer have to complain about the SAME issue before someone is sent to efficiently deal with it? How many times do I have to continue to pay over £80 per month to a company that will not deal with issues that arise?

I have had 2 routers sent out and tried with my computer, I have spent in total, about 3-4 hours on the phone to Sky. Tonight for instance I called back as the "solution" that was proposed last night by one of Sky's advisors failed to rectify the issue.

When I called I was greeted by a very abrupt and quite frankly rude individual who first of all tried to get me off the phone by telling me they were going to try "a few things" on the line and call me back in 24 hours He kept banging on about speed of the internet which to be honest has NEVER been an issue when the internet works!

After speaking to yet another "escalations" person from a different team, he came back and advised me that he can send an engineer but only mornings or from 1pm but I had to be here. I tried to explain that I can not take any holidays this close to Christmas. I had been off 2 weeks ago where an engineer could have come then.

After explaining this he very abruptly advised that BT engineers can't come on a Saturday - and I quote "because sometimes they don't turn up on a Saturday". Is that a suitable response at all to a Customer who is already frustrated?

When I advised that this was not an appropriate response (and to be quite frank he sounded like he had no idea what he was talking about) he hung up. Now bearing in mind that I had already spent 40 minutes in the queue to then be hung up on, well you can imagine how I felt.

So I called back and spent another 40 minutes in the queue, to be told by another advisor that no weekdays appointments can be booked.

Now here I am with a limited internet connection and no way of rectifying this.

I have had so much of an issue now that I am completely at my wits end, and would like my Sky contract cancelled with immediate effect. I have not received the service that I was promised, and as way of compensation for the utter farce that is Customer Technical Support, I want all of my services cancelled. I am aware that I am in my contract still, but feel that I can contest this due to the level of service I have received. I feel that Sky have breached their terms of the agreement by not providing an adequate service, and by their constant "passing of the buck" in the technical help team. I, as many other customers feel, can not separate my services and only be happy with one quarter of them. To me a company that is unwilling to help is one that I no longer wish to be part of for any service.

I am not requesting this lightly, as I have always, in the past found sky to offer the best in terms of TV packages and HD, but I can not deal with this anymore. If I thought there were a solution to the issue then I would gladly take it, but to be honest there doesn't appear to be. I have been paying for a service that I haven't been able to use properly and that isn't fair.

I do hope that you don't take this complaint personally, I am just venting but do appreciate that you personally are not to blame. It may also be an idea to request that the gentleman who hung up on me is retrained on how to deliver an average (at least) level of customer service.

If there are any questions at all, I can be contacted on **********

Kind Regards

Harry

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
After being with SKY for over 15 years ive come to the conclusion SKY is a joke. I recived my bill late (i still pay through the post office, i still pay that way after seeing a freind messed around with back accounts). Anyway the bill wasnt paid on time so SKY cut me off. Normally i pay the bill and they reconnect me, now some smart stuck up sod has decided that if you still pay through the post office before they`ll reconect you, and theyve not bothered to let anyone who pays this way know the new rules. You have to pay 3 months (around £120 for me) in advance. Id already paid around £80 a couple of weeks ago and over a week ago i paid another £42 yet still NO SKY. so ive paid £120 to see a subscribe to SKY message. Theyve treated me like crap

hi there new poster here just thought id give a bit of insight into sky. about this. I work in customer services.

they brung that policy in a while ago and it does happen whereby post arrives late and bills arent sent out what normally happens is the bill is generated 14 days before the billing date. The important thing is if the payment is 10 days late the tv veiwing is blocked. It used to be by paying the bill it got putback on but what they started saying doing was to get it put back on the balance has to be cleared and 2 months tv subscription payed in advance to keep it on invoice.OR set up a direct debit and clear the balance or set up DD and get balance below 80 pounds and it comes back on. After thats done you can then wait a few days for the bank to be notified of the DD setup and then cancel the direct debit at the banks end.Alot of the time we are so hindered by computer systems we cant even use common sense to these things e.g. when postal strikes are on to overide the system. Hope this helps you out and gives an insight of what happens.I know you have heard stories about people being messed about with bank accounts with sky just hope this helps.

• 1 month later...

These are my adventures so far with Sky, I will keep you all updated:

Are you:

a) Stupid

b) Illiterate

I have asked that you do not call or email me - you have done both. Please READ this CAREFULLY as it contains important instructions for you. To make it even easier I have marked the relevant passages so they stand out - can you spot them by yourself? Please do not waste any more of my working time.

Original submission to Sky on Weds 10th Feb. 2010:

In response to:

KMM4581268I15977L0KM

KMM4577278I15977L0KM

KMM4539257I15977L0KM

Original 1st message sent on Friday 5th Feb:

1st engineer shows up Sunday 31st Jan in the morning,can't install, need special heights team i'd explained the issues over several calls to various people the week prior to this. Book special heights team using his handset for Monday 1st Feb. I book the day off work (i now have 24 days holiday left). 2nd engineer turns up, wrong ladders for booking. Was booked as special heights but the 'code' had not been amended so he didn't have the right ladders. Sky will call me to re-arrange. sky don't. I call them, on (mobile) phone for 15 mins, wasting time and money re-booking in job. Sky guarantee I will have Sky this Friday 5th as the job is re-booked. I ensure all information is provided and they know to turn up with a 'big' ladder. I have booked Friday off (now have 23 days holiday left). Friday 5th - no one calls, no one turns up. I call Sky, ask to speak to supervisor but that person is busy and they will call me back. They haven't. I was given engineer's number and asked to call myself so i do. engineer is booked and should be with me by 6. It is now 17:55, i have spent whole day waiting for a Sky engineer and now need to go out - result? Sky will not be installed. I call Sky again (in the meantime) and speak to billing to confirm I am not being charged for Sky when you are too inept to arrange an engineer visit. I am told it will be credited back, they also try to get hold of engineer, alas to no avail - all the while I am on hold, wasting more time and money but that's okay as I'm on holiday right? I want to make a complaint so I ask about the procedure, I am told you don't have a complaints department and customer service isn't really about servicing the customer. I search online for the complaints procedure and here I am. Still no Sky, still no answer. The best thing about this is that it happened last year when we had Sky at our previous flat. We had 4 engineers that time and in the end I had to cancel the contract and go with an independent installer - something I was told I would definately not need to do this time - I really shouldn't have listened to your bungling advice again. This all leaves me incredibly angry, furious one might say. I DO NOT want anything to do with your company any more. I want my contract terminated immediately and I never want to have any dealings with you as an organisation ever, ever again. I will also not be recommending you to my family, friends, strangers in the street, tube or when I am drunk in the pub. In fact I might open all my conversations with "Don't have anything to do with Sky, they are incompetent muppets who take your money and raise your blood pressure."

Subsequent email sent on Monday 8th Feb. I do not have a copy of this mail but it was sent to update you that the enmgineer turned up at 9am Saturday morning and again was unable to install. Have been recommended to wait until the roof is dry. Multiple issues with the potential installation - issues that I have been over with Sky on the phone on several occasions.

I have still not received a phone call from a supervisor as requested on Friday 5th Feb.

I sent these details to Sky in response to an automated email from 'Stacey' on Tuesday 9th Feb:

Account number: 6***********

Login name:

Card number: 4*******

Pin number: ****

[email protected]

KMM4539257I15977L0KM & KMM4569398I15977L0KM

To make things easier for you I have taken a copy of this email - in case of any more 'improvements' to your email service (I read 'lost the email') which was originally submitted using the online 'enquiry' form - so I can easily forward this to you again. I have also listed the outstanding/ unsatisfactory points below:

1) Why have I still not received a phone call from someone despite a request over the phone on Friday and having submitted my number on 2 separate occasions online? No one has called at any point to apologise, take charge, offer an explanation or resolution - the basic elements of customer service. I no longer wish to speak to anyone at Sky and would prefer that all correspondence from this point onwards is handled by post so I have a record. This is for two reasons: no-one I have spoken to has been able to resolve the problem, arrange an engineer visit competently, address any of my concerns, provide confirmation or understand any of the explanations I have provided; your online system seems unable to track submitted complaints '

To ensure your enquiry is directed to the correct team, we have made some changes to our e-mail support. We need you to re-submit your message by filling in the Sky Enquiry Form.' I am sick and tired of repeating myself on the phone and spending money contacting you, a rough estimate is that I have spent over 2 hours on the phone to you since the last week of Jan.

2) I requested confirmation that I will not be billed during the period for which I am not receiving the service - please can you still provide this. I have cancelled the Direct Debit to avoid you removing any funds from my account - again this is done because I do not trust any of your internal processes or feel I can rely on anything that I am told by Sky (the reasons for these sentiments should be clear from the horrendous way that Sky have acted and unreliability of engineer visit bookings).

3) I would like to receive an apology for using up two days of my annual leave for a 5 minute visit from an engineer who was unable to complete the job because the 'code' was incorrect and for an engineer visit who did not actually turn up. I do have to say that the engineer who did turn up on Saturday was very good, helpful and determined. He was not directly employed by Sky of course.

Again, please do not contact me via phone or email, please address your reply to:

Diego (this is the correct spelling of my name not Diago - don't get me started on that one)

*Address*

Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 13:35:56 +0000

To:

Subject: Re: Customer service (TV) (KMM4592197I15977L0KM)

Dear Mr de Velasco

Customer Account Number: 630045182726

Thank you for your email.

I am sorry to hear you are having difficulties with your Sky account. I have tried to call you today but have been unsuccessful. Therefore, can you please call us on 08442 411 714 when it is convenient to discuss this matter. Our lines are open 9am to 8pm Monday to Friday and 9.30am to 6pm Saturday and Sunday. If you would prefer us to call you at a more convenient time and date, please let me know.

I hope this information has helped with your enquiry. If you require any further assistance, you can respond to my email. You can also contact our customer service team on 08442 41 41 41, where one of our advisors will be happy to help.

Kind regards

David

Customer Relations

http://www.sky.com

Original Message Follows: ------------------------

Enquiry Type:

• Complaints
  • Sky TV complaints
  • Customer service (TV)

Description:

In response to: KMM4581268I15977L0KM KMM4577278I15977L0KM KMM4539257I15977L0KM Original 1st message sent on Friday 5th Feb: 1st engineer shows up Sunday 31st Jan in the morning,can't install, need special heights team i'd explained the issues over several calls to various people the week prior to this. Book special heights team using his handset for Monday 1st Feb. I book the day off work (i now have 24 days holiday left). 2nd engineer turns up, wrong ladders for booking. Was booked as special heights but the 'code' had not been amended so he didn't have the right ladders. Sky will call me to re-arrange. sky don't. I call them, on (mobile) phone for 15 mins, wasting time and money re-booking in job. Sky guarantee I will have Sky this Friday 5th as the job is re-booked. I ensure all information is provided and they know to turn up with a 'big' ladder. I have booked Friday off (now have 23 days holiday left). Friday 5th - no one calls, no one turns up. I call Sky, ask to speak to supervisor but that person is busy and they will call me back. They haven't. I was given engineer's number and asked to call myself so i do. engineer is booked and should be with me by 6. It is now 17:55, i have spent whole day waiting for a Sky engineer and now need to go out - result? Sky will not be installed. I call Sky again (in the meantime) and speak to billing to confirm I am not being charged for Sky when you are too inept to arrange an engineer visit. I am told it will be credited back, they also try to get hold of engineer, alas to no avail - all the while I am on hold, wasting more time and money but that's okay as I'm on holiday right? I want to make a complaint so I ask about the procedure, I am told you don't have a complaints department and customer service isn't really about servicing the customer. I search online for the complaints procedure and here I am. Still no Sky, still no answer. The best thing about this is that it happened last year when we had Sky at our previous flat. We had 4 engineers that time and in the end I had to cancel the contract and go with an independent installer - something I was told I would definately not need to do this time - I really shouldn't have listened to your bungling advice again. This all leaves me incredibly angry, furious one might say. I DO NOT want anything to do with your company any more. I want my contract terminated immediately and I never want to have any dealings with you as an organisation ever, ever again. I will also not be recommending you to my family, friends, strangers in the street, tube or when I am drunk in the pub. In fact I might open all my conversations with "Don't have anything to do with Sky, they are incompetent muppets who take your money and raise your blood pressure." Subsequent email sent on Monday 8th Feb. I do not have a copy of this mail but it was sent to update you that the enmgineer turned up at 9am Saturday morning and again was unable to install. Have been recommended to wait until the roof is dry. Multiple issues with the potential installation - issues that I have been over with Sky on the phone on several occasions. I have still not received a phone call from a supervisor as requested on Friday 5th Feb. I sent these details to Sky in response to an automated email from 'Stacey' on Tuesday 9th Feb: Account number: 630045182726 Login name: diago-de Velasco-perez Card number: 495449126 Pin number: 2026 [email protected] KMM4539257I15977L0KM & KMM4569398I15977L0KM To make things easier for you I have taken a copy of this email - in case of any more 'improvements' to your email service (I read 'lost the email') which was originally submitted using the online 'enquiry' form - so I can easily forward this to you again. I have also listed the outstanding/ unsatisfactory points below: 1) Why have I still not received a phone call from someone despite a request over the phone on Friday and having submitted my number on 2 separate occasions online? No one has called at any point to apologise, take charge, offer an explanation or resolution - the basic elements of customer service. I no longer wish to speak to anyone at Sky and would prefer that all correspondence from this point onwards is handled by post so I have a record. This is for two reasons: no-one I have spoken to has been able to resolve the problem, arrange an engineer visit competently, address any of my concerns, provide confirmation or understand any of the explanations I have provided; your online system seems unable to track submitted complaints ' To ensure your enquiry is directed to the correct team, we have made some changes to our e-mail support. We need you to re-submit your message by filling in the Sky Enquiry Form.' I am sick and tired of repeating myself on the phone and spending money contacting you, a rough estimate is that I have spent over 2 hours on the phone to you since the last week of Jan. 2) I requested confirmation that I will not be billed during the period for which I am not receiving the service - please can you still provide this. I have cancelled the Direct Debit to avoid you removing any funds from my account - again this is done because I do not trust any of your internal processes or feel I can rely on anything that I am told by Sky (the reasons for these sentiments should be clear from the horrendous way that Sky have acted and unreliability of engineer visit bookings). 3) I would like to receive an apology for using up two days of my annual leave for a 5 minute visit from an engineer who was unable to complete the job because the 'code' was incorrect and for an engineer visit who did not actually turn up. I do have to say that the engineer who did turn up on Saturday was very good, helpful and determined. He was not directly employed by Sky of course. Again, please do not contact me via phone or email, please address your reply to: Diego de Velasco (this is the correct spelling of my name not Diago - don't get me started on that one) 107A Humber Road London SE3 7LW

Hi

Does anyone have a name of the managing director of Customer Care at the moment for Sky.

For some reason everytime I call through to customer services team it is absolutely impossible to be put through to a manager! Could do with some help in taking things further need to write a letter to them.

I have lost the will to live with Sky Customer Services!! :mad:

• 2 weeks later...

Andrea Zappia [[email protected]]

Managing Director

Customer Group

BSkyB

Just cc'd him on a complaint email I sent to [email protected] at 23.30 [along with CEO] and have had read reply back from Mr Zappia at 23.43.

Been having problems since 17th Feb thru Sky Talk charges for calls I never made - some of which were there was no one in the building; my normal Sky Talk bill for last 18 months is approx. £5 per month; last month - over £300!

We shall see if all gets resolved far quicker now I've involved the big boys! Will report back...

The calls were made to a sexline in the middle of the night!

Now here's the good news: It worked! Just had a call from Sky Executive team - cancelled all outstanding bills and TV back on [which was cut off on 17th Feb] and now they're running an internal investigation! Yay! Even was given a direct contact. It pays to go straight to the top. Terribly apologetic for the treatment I've had. S'pose I should thank Sky now for being efficient - but it did take 2 weeks!

I'm sure an evening out sith 'someone of the night' might be cheaper! :)

Do tell when they report back, as if it is a billing error, then it opens up an interesting theory on the reliability of their customer data supplied.

Hi everyone, new to this forum. :D

I recently had sky out to install a HD box for me, good i thought, this is gonna surprise the kids and hubby...........

Kids loved it :D

Hubby wants to kill engineer :-x

Problem is engineer came out to install it, moved furniture and left it all over the place, left bits of cable and cut off's all over the floor, now for the best bit.....Hubby built an enclosure around the tv on the wall (with sweat, several swearing moments and a lot of wiring) with a gap to one side so sockets and rear of tv was accessible. Wiring from the HD box was left hanging from the tv straight out the gap between the tv and enclosure (about an 1 1/2 inch gap). Now, the tv was able to be tilted so the engineer could get get to the relevant hdmi slots on side of tv as well as the access via the gap on the side of the enclosure which i had told him.

So not only had he left wiring hanging on further inspection by my hubby and in his own words " the ******* idiot has damaged the wall paper and the ******* enclosure".........

After 3 phone calls to sky, we had someone come out to inspect the work and damage they had caused, then 2 days ago i received a phone call to say they "were not taking any responsibility for any of the damage done".

Now hubby has called them back and demanded that someone else turns up to have another look at damage and they are sending someone else out tomorrow (Thurs).

1. What does anyone suggest i do to get this resolved?

2. My hubby is 6'3" built like a brick **** house and wants to cause damage to the engineer. How do i stop him? Lmao......

:grin:

I think you are in a no-win situation, whatever you do.

From what you describe, an install engineer would be quite within his rights to see the job cannot be done, and leave you unconnected. Folk with specialist requirements (under floor wiring. bespoke furniture, special requests) are a real PITA, and whilst most engineers are willing to do what they can not to disappoint.

Just like carpet fitters demanding a room free of any furniture, built-in cabinets obstructing cable routings take the biscuit - the hardest task if (usually) brining in the lead from the satellite dish - but here this wasn't the issue, it was getting the cable into your A/v unit and up to the telly.

He can either do the work, and you make good after him at minimal cost, or he classes it as a special install and it costs you double, probably a month or so down the line.

Most folk go for option 1.

If you had told hubby, he could have made arrangements for the cabling to be done with minimal problems - the fact he knew nothing about it led to the situation you're now in.

agreed - to be honest most 'Sky' engineers would not have touched it with a barge pole.

Did you sign the job sheet/pda at then end of the install?

Ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

when i used to work for sky as subby both for firstline digital and cobra, i used to come across all kinds of routing requests for cables etc.

As for complaints, if the guy(S) who did the install turned up in a non sky van (the discoverylogo) etc then as a rule where sub contractors.

so if people have an issue over installs or bad work etc.

as well as contacting sky, try contacting the company the subbies work for as an example the ones i have listed..

• 1 year later...

I wish to complain most angrily about sky. I have had a plus box since the creation of the world, or since they first arrived on planet earth and it has never been serviced, never had a call out, and never been offered an update. I got a new contract last year when I added phone and broadband and I saw in an add that anyone doing this also got a new Plus box or a new HD box which they wanted.

I was promised this again on the phone three weeks after I put my order in and they even put the order through but then they said that this was only for new customers. I have never had a new box and then recently I saw that they were sending people with HD free updates of their box with free install and no fee. They did not offer anything to Plus customers. Our box is now useless and the playback does not work. We can record, but not play anything back without it breaking down, freezing or the recording being ruined and they expect us to put up with this and still pay for it every month. This is frustrating for me as a disabled customer and I cannot afford £65 for them to come and look at it. Surely, now I am on contract it is covered.

I challenged them on the issue of the HD box and said that I would like a free box and my box needed to be updated and wanted an update. Nicky on the accessible customer services in writing has promised to honour a free HD box and I would have the other box relocated also for free. But this is a lie as is the advert for a free box they are sending to all HD customers.

I am angry and disappointed as today they wrote again from another person called Christopher saying they can give me a HD but it will be £65.00 to install and £10.80 a month or I can use it as a Plus Box and it will cost £19.00 to install and that will not solve any of my problems.

I have never had my box looked at and it has never had a call out and I have never had it changed in the 12 years that I have been with Sky.

If they give me HD should I not get a special offer and a new customer deal?

Why cannot they just give me a new Plus Box? I am left with a useless box, poor quality service, poor pictures, no recordings worth watching and now I am being lied to and these bastards are just out to lie and cheat disabled people who cannot afford HD.

Sky are useless! How can I escalate my complaint?

I recently joined sky and they messed up my order completely!

I fired off emails to the following 'top dogs' at sky

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

I recall one of the emails bounced back, cant remember which one sorry so just try all 3.

Within a hour of sending off my emails I receive a phone call from a 'executive complaints team' so best to put your phone number on the email to hopefully get it sorted completely.

I went from waiting a total of 12 weeks to have my install fully finished to just 5 days. They took my complaint very seriously when I emailed the above, instes of the 'tough' responses I got from the rest of sky.

01925 430049 is the customer services team number, but I'm unsure if they will speak to you before the complaint reaches them via email.

08442411646 is the number for executive complaints. These lot are extremely helpful but again I'm unsure if they deal with over the phone complaints before they receive any emails.

Good luck I hope you get it sorted.