Are the banks a little nervous?

magpie99
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5053 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A few months ago a forgotten DD was rejected by IF as there was a £0 balance in one particular account. The fined me £30 and I didn't really complain too much.

Then a few weeks ago I tried to send a BACS payment. There was enough to cover it, albeit from the overdraft, but I couldn't see anything about not using the OD for a BACS payment. Again they charged me £30.

I sent a 'secure message' to customer services saying that while I could see why their 'logic' to the first charge, I thought the second was out of order. The message detailed both fees, dates, circumstances.

The customer service person who emailed me a response must have misunderstood as they advised that the £30 was for an unpaid DD. (this was the 1st, and I was asking about the 2nd) but "as this was my first time, as goodwill gesture" they refunded the £30.

I was not surprised that they had the details wrong (sigh) but very surprised that they refunded the fee so quickly.

Does anyone think this may be related to PR more than anything? I ask thinking of easily found sites such as CAG and the banks being concerned about how easily negative information is found about them.