• Tweets

• Oil and gold prices have jumped, while shares have fallen.View the full article
    • Thank you for your reply, DX! I was not under the impression that paying it off would remove it from my file. My file is already trashed so it would make very little difference to any credit score. I am not certain if I can claim compensation for a damaged credit score though. Or for them reporting incorrect information for over 10 years? The original debt has been reported since 2013 as an EE debt even though they had sold it in 2014. It appears to be a breach of the Data Protection Act 1998 Section 13 and this all should have come to a head when I paid the £69 in September 2022, or so I thought. The £69 was in addition to the original outstanding balance and not sent to a DCA. Even if I had paid the full balance demanded by the DCA back in 2014 then the £69 would still have been outstanding with EE. If it turns out I have no claim then so be it. Sometimes there's not always a claim if there's blame. The CRA's will not give any reason for not removing it. They simply say it is not their information and refer me to EE. More to the point EE had my updated details since 2022 yet failed to contact me. I have been present on the electoral roll since 2012 so was traceable and I think EE have been negligent in reporting an account as in payment arrangement when in fact it had been sold to a DCA. In my mind what should have happened was the account should have been defaulted before it was closed and sold to the DCA who would then have made a new entry on my credit file with the correct details. However, a further £69 of charges were applied AFTER it was sent to the DCA and it was left open on EE systems. The account was then being reported twice. Once with EE as open with a payment arrangement for the £69 balance which has continued since 2013 and once with the DCA who reported it as defaulted in 2014 and it subsequently dropped off and was written off by the DCA, LOWELL in 2021. I am quite happy for EE to place a closed account on my credit file, marked as satisfied. However, it is clear to me that them reporting an open account with payment arrangement when the balance is £0 and the original debt has been written off is incorrect? Am I wrong?
    • OMG! I Know! .... someone here with a chance to sue Highview for breach of GDPR with a very good chance of winning, I was excited reading it especially after all the work put in by site members and thinking he could hammer them for £££'s and then, the OP disappeared half way through. Although you never know the reason so all I can say is I hope the OP is alive and well regardless. I'd relish the chance to do them for that if they breached my GDPR.
    • The streaming giant also said it added 9.3 million subscribers in the first three months of the year.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Tax Credits - Compliance Team Holding New Claim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5050 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok, where to start……

At the beginning of April I put a new claim in for Working Tax Credits as a single disabled person working an average of 20 hours per week self employed . Since day one (of them putting the claim on their system) it appears my claim has sat at a status of “Awaiting Award”. I called after the waiting time had elapsed (21 days) as advised by the pre-recorded message on the helpline for an update, I was advised that the compliance team have put a hold on any award being made pending further checks.

I have now waited a further 3 weeks with no progress.

The helpline advisors are unable to tell me why the claim has yet to be awarded or what the problem is. In fact I have been told by a team leader that the initial advisor should have never told me that the claim was with the compliance team!

Tax Credits have not sent me any communication regarding this claim and are unable to tell me anything. I am on the verge of financial ruin and don’t appear to be able to move anywhere with this claim.

I raised a complaint verbally with one of the managers (who I won’t name just yet) and he now appears to be avoiding me. I have not been rude or abusive to anyone, yet they seem unable to give me any guidance or direction other than just wait.

As I can’t speak to the compliance team and no one is able to help I have written in to their office asking why my claim has not been completed or any contact been made. I have not received a reply to this letter as yet.

Does anyone know any hints for making this claim move forward? Are there any rules about the amount of time they can make me wait? Is it usual to just be ignored by compliance team?

Any advice would be good.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry no useful info, I'd keep ringing and writing, i'd also have a good read through similar threads, I remember seeing something that might help you but can't remember what or where.

I'll have a look round and see if i can find it again.

Rbs £114 + contractual at 29.84% I won total=£125 no laughing it's a win

Don't moan about it DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT :D

Thank you.

I have an appointment today with the CAB to see what they can do for me.

I will let you know if they have any useful advice.

You could contact your M.P.
  • Haha 1

I'm not a qualified welfare rights adviser, but I'm planning on becoming one. I'm no substitute for more competent advice from trained CAB and welfare rights workers - [URL="http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/benefits-tax-credits-minimum/127741-benefits-advice.html"]see this post[/URL] by Joa, great advice and links! I've been running a Crisis Loan campaign and help since Jan 2007 . See my annotations c/o "theyworkforyou". I'm also currently interested by the recent DWP Medical Services reform and the effect this is having on valid claims, seriously - someone needs to be keeping a suicide count.

Ok, been to see the CAB.

Firstly they were very helpful. Anyone else in this situation I strongly recommend you do the same.

They contacted the TCO with there own number and got straight through. Within 5 mins the compliance team had called the CAB advisor back and discussed what the problem is.

I have now a promise to resolve this within the next 48 hours, a direct contact number for the compliance officer dealing with this claim and feel much better now they are talking to me.

If they don't resolve the issue in the next few days the CAB have given contact details for my local MP (as advised by Loan_Ranger) and have advised to to take the issue to her as well as them continuing to work with them.

Hopefully this will all be done in the next few days now.

Cheers All

Your lucky our CAB office is open for like an hour a week so its hard getting an appointment,dunno what il do :-x

I understand I am lucky to of seen them today. However I did travel out of my area to see them as where I live is similar to you. I explained to the out of hours advisor my pending doom and they booked me to see an advisor in my nearest major town (Poole). Well worth the trip and effort.

I urge you to try something similar and wish you good luck. :-|

Hello, I'm in the same situation as you - except I don't know if they've passed it to compliance. They 'lost' my first form which took three weeks of me calling for them to tell me. I sent in a second which I sent special delivery so I know they have recieved and now every time I call they just keep saying it is pending award and refuse to give timescales.

I get high rate care dla and low rate mobility and this is really, really stressing me out as I was led to believe it would only take a couple of weeks by my job centre advisor.

I think I might try and contact CAB. Thank you for posting an update on what happened to you.

n1co1a

I am in a similar position to you (or was) and was told about 3 weeks by the jobcenter also. CAB are well worth a trip. I feel much better now someone has taken responsability and started to try to resolve the issue. This is all I needed all along.

I promise I will post again in the next couple of days and tell what happened and where I get to.

I also wish you the best of luck.

Edited by Space_Blokie
poor grammer (again)

Having the same problems,they have told me forms etc all fine but waiting on another depratment.Its stupid im single with three kids and living on 100 a week yet others I have spoken to have had their payments etc within the space of a couple of weeks :-x

You are not getting the money you are entitled to. As a single parent (I assume aged over 18 ) you should have a personal allowance of £65.45, plus £20.30 child benefit for your older child and £13.40 for each of your two other children. = £112.55 per week. On top of that, as your income is low, you should be receiving housing benefit (if you rent) and council tax benefit. On top of that, you are also entitled to child support from the parent who doesn't live with you and the children. That's all before tax credits. If all you are living on is £100 per week then you are not getting your full entitlement.

Try the benefit calculators below to get an idea of what you should be getting in total and claim for the things you are missing out on.

Turn2us

Benefits advisor

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

You are not getting the money you are entitled to. As a single parent (I assume aged over 18 ) you should have a personal allowance of £65.45, plus £20.30 child benefit for your older child and £13.40 for each of your two other children. = £112.55 per week. On top of that, as your income is low, you should be receiving housing benefit (if you rent) and council tax benefit. On top of that, you are also entitled to child support from the parent who doesn't live with you and the children. That's all before tax credits. If all you are living on is £100 per week then you are not getting your full entitlement.

Try the benefit calculators below to get an idea of what you should be getting in total and claim for the things you are missing out on.

Turn2us

Benefits advisor

I earn 115 a week and get 43 a week child benefit that is it at the moment.My council tax benefit and housing benefit stopped when I came off income support on 26th April and they will do nothing until my working tax etc is sorted hence the stress :mad: I dont get anything for me and the kids dont get anything from dad as dunno where he is x

I earn 115 a week and get 43 a week child benefit that is it at the moment.My council tax benefit and housing benefit stopped when I came off income support on 26th April and they will do nothing until my working tax etc is sorted hence the stress :mad: I dont get anything for me and the kids dont get anything from dad as dunno where he is x

Hi,

Maybe a silly thing to say..... But. Do make sure you put your claim for Housing Benefit and council Tax Benefit in asap. They won't calculate it until your Tax Credits award is done but at least it will get back dated.

Sorry if that points out the obvious! :)

You should be getting £47.10 per week in Child benefit; I would suggest raising this with HMRC.

How long have you been waiting for your tax credit decision?

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

Been three weeks today since they had form,I started work 26th April rang them 27th for forms but they took nearly two weeks to arrive! Was told it would be sorted by June 15th but still no end in sight after calling them today

Three weeks is quite normal for this time of year - they do take longer to sort at this time of year due to the annual reviews. The one thing I have never been able to obtain is an AACT for Tax Credit - not even sure if they have one in place. "Normal" though does not have to be "acceptable".

I waited 3 months for my last award. Every time I rang I was told "It's being processed". Lost patience and went to my local inland revenue office to ask about an interim payment and lo and behold, they discovered something had entered in the computer which (to cut a long story short) meant that had I not gone down there it probably would never have been discovered. That's what was holding my claim back.

I would suggest that in view of the fact you have children, and if not already, will very soon be suffering hardship, contact them again and request someone takes you through the process of applying for a hardship payment, pending the outcome of your claim.

Failing that, you could apply for a Crisis Loan if it gets to the stage where you have no funds for basics. (Loanranger is great with Crisis Loans).

Failing all of that, the only other piece of advise I can give you is to contact your MP to see if he/she can speed up the process.

You can't pay your childcare provider (if you have one - it's not clear), you can't buy the basics, you can't pay your rent and council tax which means that you are at a detriment.

Further, ask the council to make interim payments for housing benefit/council tax benefit. This is when they award you what they think you should qualify for until your claim is determined. They are able to do this after the 14th day from when you claimed. They may refuse on the basis that you haven't provided all of the information they asked for (tax credit income). Still, if you don't ask....

Ok quick update first.

Got a letter today from TCO asking for details of my self employment. No problems! I have registered in all of the correct places and have been registered as self employed for some time now.

One quick question however. If I send the compliance team my invoices, do i have to leave my customers names and addresses visible to the TCO?

I would be rather embarrassed if they contacted my customers about work I have done for them. Especially as I am trying to build customer relationships.

Hi.

Faxed over the details requested by compliance. They were happy with a summary and not all of my invoices as I thought they would want.

All appears to be fine and they have now confirmed what rate and released the backpay to the start of April.

A happy end I suppose. Just the final step of money in my bank then will all be done (which they say they have done).

Thanks to everyone who had an input, I hope the ones in a similar position resolve their situation soon too.

Good luck to all. :)

Maybe common sense, but if you are able to give them exactly what they asked for it should only be a few more days from here.

The compliance officer who delt with me was happy to receive everything by fax (23 pages in total...:lol:) and got my claim going straight away for me.

I received a letter from him today and his closing words were

"Once again please accept my apologies for the delay in putting your award into payment. Thank you for fully answering all the questions I asked in my letter of the 14 June, and so promptly. In my experience few people do this"

So I guess they can be reasonable. In my experience with them maybe a polite fax might help you also.

Wish you the best of luck. Hopefully it won't take to long now.