Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    Laura Cooke Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Oct 2006

Default Back Dating Rent Rebate/Council Tax

Hi my son was made redundanticon December 22nd he has never been out of work before. I urged him to sign on but he wouldn`t then I finally got through to him at Easter

When he signed on he was told he would qualify for rent rebate and Council tax rebate as his savings were low they told him the Council would contact him about this

As my son knows nothing about benefits etc he as just sat back and waited for someone to contact him and as continued to pay full private rent and council tax

I do not pry into his affairs as hese 32 but when he mentioned something about he wasn`t getting his rent paid I went mad at him I told him he had been wrongly advised I am sure he should have approached the council and filled rebate forms in?

My son has completed them and sent them in will he get this back dated?

the good newsicon is he starts work again Tuesday for the rival company to the one he was made redundant from however it`s with an agency I take my hat off to him he said he would get a job and he as I didn`t think he`d find it that easy

Basic Account Holder Aviva Informative Aviva Informative Aviva Informative

Cagger since : Nov 2008

Default Re: Back Dating Rent Rebate/Council Tax

I had a similar experience and the answer was no they won't backdate.

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    Laura Cooke Novitiate

Cagger since : Oct 2006

Not right is it son went to Unemployed Workers Centre they said as hese been badly advised they should back date but they can`t promise we will see

Basic Account Holder Aviva Informative Aviva Informative Aviva Informative

Cagger since : Nov 2008

They should do away with those HB/CTB form things you fill in at the JobCentre, etc. They are worthless. They do send them on but they sometimes take months to get to the Council which is far too late.

I filled it in and it either said the Council would be in touch or the officer at the JobCentre did so I thought I had done what I needed to do. It was only when a few weeks later a visiting officer from the DWP came round to do a check and asked if there was anything I was having problems with etc, that I found out you needed to fill in an application from the Council.

This was about 11 or 12 years ago and the same problems are still occurring.

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details