Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Basic Account Holder mills1 Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Nov 2009

Default Council Tax not Lawful?

Royalties Account Holder Conniff Authoritative Conniff Authoritative Conniff Authoritative Conniff Authoritative Conniff Authoritative Conniff Authoritative Conniff Authoritative Conniff Authoritative Conniff Authoritative Conniff Authoritative Conniff Authoritative Conniff's Avatar

Cagger since : Mar 2007

Default Re: Council Tax not Lawful?

A show piece and a 5 minute delaying tactic. This doesn't show that council tax is illegal or avoidable just that in that court at that time prodedure was not unholdable.

Royalties Account Holder Bookworm Highly authoritative Bookworm Highly authoritative Bookworm Highly authoritative Bookworm Highly authoritative Bookworm Highly authoritative Bookworm Highly authoritative Bookworm Highly authoritative Bookworm Highly authoritative Bookworm Highly authoritative Bookworm Highly authoritative Bookworm Highly authoritative Bookworm's Avatar

Cagger since : Feb 2006

Blog Entries

Any thoughts? why, yes actually...

Follows
    Following

Royalties Account Holder Conniff Authoritative Conniff Authoritative Conniff Authoritative Conniff Authoritative Conniff Authoritative Conniff Authoritative Conniff Authoritative Conniff Authoritative Conniff Authoritative Conniff Authoritative Conniff Authoritative Conniff's Avatar

Your image shows as being moved or deleted Bookie.

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    kiptower Authoritative kiptower Authoritative kiptower Authoritative kiptower Authoritative kiptower Authoritative kiptower Authoritative kiptower Authoritative kiptower Authoritative

Cagger since : Sep 2008

I can see it, its there with tailgate down

Royalties Account Holder Bookworm Highly authoritative Bookworm Highly authoritative Bookworm Highly authoritative Bookworm Highly authoritative Bookworm Highly authoritative Bookworm Highly authoritative Bookworm Highly authoritative Bookworm Highly authoritative Bookworm Highly authoritative Bookworm Highly authoritative Bookworm Highly authoritative Bookworm's Avatar

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Conniff View Post
    Your image shows as being moved or deleted Bookie.
    That's because the link contained a swear filtered word, so the kink wouldn't post properly, I had to delete it and re uploadicon it wth a different name. Bad bookie.

Royalties Account Holder postggj Authoritative postggj Authoritative postggj Authoritative postggj Authoritative postggj Authoritative postggj Authoritative postggj Authoritative postggj Authoritative postggj Authoritative postggj Authoritative postggj Authoritative

Cagger since : Aug 2007

now we have every ones attention

does a summons sent to the defendant in a liability case,

be it council tax or csa

does the court seal need to be on the summons to be legal

Quote Originally Posted by Bookworm View Post
    That's because the link contained a swear filtered word, so the kink wouldn't post properly, I had to delete it and re uploadicon it wth a different name. Bad bookie.
    I pasted it in a browser and filled in the blanks, but ok now can see.

Quote Originally Posted by postggj View Post
    now we have every ones attention

does a summons sent to the defendant in a liability case,

be it council tax or csa

does the court seal need to be on the summons to be legal
    I think the point they were making was that the summons was not sent by the court, they were saying that only a court can summons you, not the council.
    Reading the text before the video clip explains what they are saying.
    Hardly a delaying tactic if legal precedent is set.
    Displaying a birth certificate was proof that the person was in court, that was a good one.
    Funny how the three coppers could only stand there as the layman became the highest authority in the court.

Blog Entries

I have seen it before, read it before, read the lengthy debate before, and it is utter and complete garbage. There is no legal precedent set except in their deluded minds. It's all part of the extremely tedious, self-congratulory, part fanatics, part gullible "Freeman of the land" myth.

Quote Originally Posted by mills1
    Hardly a delaying tactic if legal precedent is set.
    It's a delaying tactic in that if there is a problem with the system, they will have it changed within 24 hours.

Whoevers name was on the birth certificate will 'not' have gotten away with not paying council tax. The difference between can't pay and wont pay is that the 'wont pay' go to prison.

As Bookie says - it's all been tried before and it just don't work, the so called do gooders think they are being cleaver, but usually get charged with other offences beside what they originally mythically thought they were getting away with.

Blog Entries

Correct. And I believe that the end result was that he still ended up paying it anyway.

Correct. And I believe that the end result was that he still ended up paying it anyway.
    And probably with extra costs

Can you provide a link that shows that ?
    So it was just a publicity stunt?
    Can anyone confirm that a council can issue a summons?
    The only gullible people seem to be the ones who continue to pay council tax

Blog Entries

It was a while back, and it was discussed on CAGicon, but that's as far as I remember at the moment, I'll see if I can find it.

Blog Entries

Sorry, I did a search and couldn't find the documents themselves, links seem to have been removed from all the sites (wonder why? )

I did find a couple of comments from people pointing out that the case had not been dealt with in court because the defendant had agreed to pay by instalments, which is what I remembered, but unless you can find a copy of the actual paperwork still standing, can't help further I'm afraid.

CFC samsmoot Novitiate samsmoot Novitiate

Cagger since : Oct 2008

Loved it!

Bookworm reckons the whole freeman-on-the-land thing is utter garbage and nonsense - and I wouldn't like to argue too strongly against that viewpoint.

But on the other hand, is there no value whatsoever in looking at what some of these people are doing? I find some of the things they have done fascinating from a legal standpoint - insisting on the Oath of Office being produced, for instance - that sounds like a lot of fun! And what about insisting on asserting their common law rights when confronted with any authority purporting to act under 'Admiralty'/commercial/statute law - seems to have a bit of an impact.

There is another thread on CAGicon talking about this stuff and I posted some links to some interesting freeman videos which I can put here if anyone asks.

Quote Originally Posted by samsmoot View Post
    Loved it!

Bookworm reckons the whole freeman-on-the-land thing is utter garbage and nonsense - and I wouldn't like to argue too strongly against that viewpoint.

But on the other hand, is there no value whatsoever in looking at what some of these people are doing? I find some of the things they have done fascinating from a legal standpoint - insisting on the Oath of Office being produced, for instance - that sounds like a lot of fun! And what about insisting on asserting their common law rights when confronted with any authority purporting to act under 'Admiralty'/commercial/statute law - seems to have a bit of an impact.

There is another thread on CAGicon talking about this stuff and I posted some links to some interesting freeman videos which I can put here if anyone asks.

If you google the guys name a shed load comes up, just been doing some reading myself, interesting.
    Council tax is a tax, government debt, not a civil debt like hire purchase etc.
    Wirral council have apparently admitted that it is unlawful.

Sorry, I did a search and couldn't find the documents themselves, links seem to have been removed from all the sites (wonder why? )

I did find a couple of comments from people pointing out that the case had not been dealt with in court because the defendant had agreed to pay by instalments, which is what I remembered, but unless you can find a copy of the actual paperwork still standing, can't help further I'm afraid.

Thanks anyway

Blog Entries

Yes, but if you look at the sited you have found, they ALL quote the same one incident, with the same interpretation copied and pasted at infinitum, and then the faithful join in with their Hasannahs and halleluias. In the end however, there is nothing that ever gets proven, it's all smoke and mirrors.

Sam, it's interesting for me - briefly - for its novelty value and I never dismiss something out of hand. The problem is that as soon as you start really digging, it all falls flat. As you start expanding your search, you realise that it all is self-repeating and never actually provides any proof. Rumours, yes. Self-congratulating rants, yes. Actual proven court wins? No. Not one. The one(s) they try to claim as victories and precedent setting like the one mentioned in this thread turn out to have been carefully edited and trimmed to suit their purpose when they are nothing of the sort.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details