Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder mich7k Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Jul 2007

Default single person discount

Hiya all
    i got a letter last week that my single persons discount was been reviewed and could confirm that i was still eligable for the discount. Well i signed it and sent it back confirming the details. then today i got home from my new job saying that they have checked infomation against other data and need further details to clairify to ensure the correct position and to contact the officers on the above number i have 2 weeks to respond or they will remove it from my account and in some cases it will be from the start of the discount.

Now i am a single mum of 2 my eldest is 16 and leaves school next week then shes going college in september and my youngest is 7 and has some disabilities which are been investigated.

I have a fella who i see a couple of times a week as i have my hands full but ive only been seeing him a few months and its not serious and he certainly does not live iwth me do you think that it could be that?

Ive not got a clue but it seems strange that you cant have a relationship if that is the case. i mean i have been single for the past 8 years . Plus he has his own address and lives with family as he is waiting for a property to rent.

any ideas?

Default Re: single person discount

bump

Royalties Account Holder ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom's Avatar

Cagger since : May 2009

Would think it more likely to do with the 16 year old leaving school & going to College because of the gap. If you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear.

PT

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    loopinlouie Informative loopinlouie Informative loopinlouie Informative loopinlouie Informative loopinlouie Informative

Cagger since : Jan 2008

Quote Originally Posted by ploddertom View Post
    Would think it more likely to do with the 16 year old leaving school & going to College because of the gap. If you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear.

PT
    Thats what I thought, could be they just need you to provide proof child staying in education and it would be sorted So try not to worry xx

Basic Account Holder ss002d6252 Informative ss002d6252 Informative ss002d6252 Informative ss002d6252 Informative

Cagger since : Feb 2006

Your 16 old son would have no effect on council tax as he is under 18

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    loopinlouie Informative loopinlouie Informative loopinlouie Informative loopinlouie Informative loopinlouie Informative

Cagger since : Jan 2008

Quote Originally Posted by ss002d6252 View Post
    Your 16 old son would have no effect on council tax as he is under 18
    Happy to be corected :grin:

thanks guys sorry but i havent had any notifications that you all replied but no i have nought to hide but the funny thing is i rang the number on the letter and it was not in use so i called the main council tax who gave me a different number but ive been at work so i will try again on monday but why would they send out letters like that with the wrong number on?

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details