single person discount

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5081 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya all

i got a letter last week that my single persons discount was been reviewed and could confirm that i was still eligable for the discount. Well i signed it and sent it back confirming the details. then today i got home from my new job saying that they have checked infomation against other data and need further details to clairify to ensure the correct position and to contact the officers on the above number i have 2 weeks to respond or they will remove it from my account and in some cases it will be from the start of the discount.

Now i am a single mum of 2 my eldest is 16 and leaves school next week then shes going college in september and my youngest is 7 and has some disabilities which are been investigated.

I have a fella who i see a couple of times a week as i have my hands full but ive only been seeing him a few months and its not serious and he certainly does not live iwth me do you think that it could be that?

Ive not got a clue but it seems strange that you cant have a relationship if that is the case. i mean i have been single for the past 8 years . Plus he has his own address and lives with family as he is waiting for a property to rent.

any ideas?:confused:

Would think it more likely to do with the 16 year old leaving school & going to College because of the gap. If you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear.

PT

Thats what I thought, could be they just need you to provide proof child staying in education and it would be sorted :) So try not to worry xx

thanks guys sorry but i havent had any notifications that you all replied but no i have nought to hide but the funny thing is i rang the number on the letter and it was not in use so i called the main council tax who gave me a different number but ive been at work so i will try again on monday but why would they send out letters like that with the wrong number on?