Statute barred debt questions

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5087 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I don't know all the details so I will be as specific as possible:

Before I met her, my girlfriend had a bank account with Nationwide and was in overdraft. They chased her to pay it off then she hasn't heard anything from them for several years (I don't know how many yet). She did try to see if she still owed anything by trying to set up online banking with them but in the application they said that no account was known for that name and address.

My questions are thus:

1. Assuming that she did owe this money, could the debt be statute barred after 6 years?

2. Would that mean that it is unrecoverable by them?

3. What must the 6 years come after, the last attempt on their part to contact her? Or...

4. Would her (unsuccessful) attempt to set up online banking reset the timer?

Any help would be appreciated.

The adverts that this forum puts around my username and message are not endorsed by me.

I don't know all the details so I will be as specific as possible:

Before I met her, my girlfriend had a bank account with Nationwide and was in overdraft. They chased her to pay it off then she hasn't heard anything from them for several years (I don't know how many yet). She did try to see if she still owed anything by trying to set up online banking with them but in the application they said that no account was known for that name and address.

My questions are thus:

1. Assuming that she did owe this money, could the debt be statute barred after 6 years?

yes

2. Would that mean that it is unrecoverable by them?

yes

3. What must the 6 years come after, the last attempt on their part to contact her? Or...

no ...the last financial transaction by HER in/out or the last time she wrote a letter SPECIFICALLY intimating she OWNED the A/C and her signiture.

4. Would her (unsuccessful) attempt to set up online banking reset the timer?

no

Any help would be appreciated.

done

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...