Red light camera

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5063 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

As this is my first thread will you correct if im in the wrong area.

Here goes i have received a NIP from the safety camera partnership so after reading posts on this site I wrote off and requested the photographs. They sent me the photos and they clearly show a veichle crossing the lights at red but the car in question is not mine the number plate is different not even the same year and the best bit is i drive a corsa and the car in the photo is a mini.

what do i do now write to them and inform them or do i goto court and make them look stupid?

any help would be gratefully appreciated

bd72:-D

I would'nt get too excited just yet! I guess that the mini owner has got your images and is thinking exactly the same! When they realize the mistake they may give you more time to respond but I doubt you will get off because of this kind of error if you croseed the lights on red. As long as they can produce the correct evidence in court, I think you will be convicted.

So the big question is; did you cross the lights on red?

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my scales at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice usefull.

reply to the NIP towards the end of the 28 day deadline for S.172. Make sure you meet that deadline but make sure you let the 14 day NIP period expire ! so serve it around day 26 i.e make sure it is delivered on day 26. send it special delivery so that you have a provable service and keep copies ! Staple a letter to the NIP saying that isn't your car, and has never been your car and that you have no knowledge of the vehicle of who may have been driving. Filing in the S.172 will be tough as it assumes they have sent it out correctly so make sure you write across the NIP "See letter stapled to this form". Once the 14 days from the incident has expired I don't see how they can serve you a NIP that will stand up. But still respond around day 26. Post back with the response from the SCP, they sometimes get things 'wrong' and try to serve time expired NIPs - they even send out COFPs that they know are time expired in the hope that unknowing people with just take it.

14 day for the first NIP in the chain to the RK - unless things like a recent change to address/RK or other good reason the police couldn't get the details. Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty.