Rocket Marketing (Buying the Brickie off tv)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2186 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all!

Im posting this question for my parents as i think they have been thoroughly ripped off!

My parents were sat watching tv when this advert came on for this Brickie thing that Tommy Walsh advertises and for some reason my parents decide to phone the number and buy one of these things....they are 75 and highly unlikely to be building any walls!

The thing was 39 quid, so he's on the phone and orders it, he is abit hard of hearing so he prob couldn't hear what they were saying.

Anyway this crappy thing shows up, then they get a ticket delivered to say there is a letter to collect from the post office.

As they weren't well they didn't collect it for a few days and when they did it was a 'Savings Pack' from Rocket marketing which i pressume the company that sold the brickie or same company had used my parents details and Card details to open up this savings account for all the special savings they could make.

In the letter it said you have 30 days to say if you do not want this savings offer or we will charge you 99 quid!

My dad doesnt read to well and my mum didn't bother to read it properly as she hadn't agreed to anything or thought she had signed up to anything so ignored it until the bank statement came through.

They had taken 99 quid from there account plus 1.99 for postage for a letter they did not request.

They rang them up complaining and basically got fobbed off saying you agreed and set up a pass word which was my dads date of birth.

After reading the small print it said you have 61 days to decline and you will be charged 5 quid admin but get back 94 quid they have taken.

So we rang them and it was 61 days from the date of the letter not when they recieved it and as they didn't pick it up from post office straight away and they have missed this 61 day thing as they have only recieved the bank statement and realised the money had been taken.

They said they will listen to there recorded phone calls and they said it appears to have been a hickup during that phone call and said they will investigate.....they will be intouch...prob sometime never i bet.

So can they legally just send you something and then say you now have this and we will take x money if you don't get intouch then take the money off someones swith card?

They didn't sign up to anything and only thought they ordered this rubbish item.

Is there anyone with advice on how to proceed on this or a letter we can send for robbing pensioners?

In the mean time i've told them to stay off phones purchasing things off the tv!

Cheers Olliepup.

Edited by olliepup

oh i feel a complaint coming on:

Tommy Walsh - Official TV Agent - Arlington Enterprises

how about watchdog too!

oh and get that switch card cancelled!

i would also whilst on the phone to them initiate a chargeback on the card

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

This sounds to me very much like unfair trading. I suggest that you make a complaint to the OFT under CPUT and also inform your Trading Standards office immediately.

I expect that 100s of other people have been targetted in this way as well.

I wonder whether Tommy Walsh knows about this tactic or whether they are simply taking advantage of his good name.

I've sent the link to this thread to a contact at the BBC.

We'll see.

However, make all the complaints which have been suggested

Cheers for the feed back!

Is it worth writing to them to inform them of what i intend to do?

Robbing OAP's is not good, i'll contact my local Trading Standards Monday.

Hopefully get the money back for my parents.

Thanks for sending the link, more people that know the better.

no i think this will be big news

deserve all they get

if you tip them off

if they plant an insider etc it will blow it.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Ive sent an email for starters to Tommys people through your link explaining the situation and thought it was very underhand and fraudulent to take money by deception and the company that did so associates itself with Tommy and his product endorsment.

All we want is our money back, but i'll still go ahead and inform all parties ie OFT and TS which i also mentioned in my email.

See if i get a reply.....

• 7 years later...
Guest MikeW001

FYI

Rocket Marketing are still doing exactly the same shady practices eight years later.

My father has just fallen victim and his bank is not being particularly helpful,

regarding the charge back.

Has anyone else found a purchase remiting £90 odd to Rocket Marketing on their card or bank statement, for a useless catalogue of unwanted and unasked for discounts.

If so, I would love to hear if you were able to secure a refund and how.

Cheers

Mike :)

the bank must do a chargeback.

and they