lowells claimform - old M+S Card debt***Claim Discontinued***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2537 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I started my fight with credit cards early in 2008 by unfortunately using an agent who acted on behalf (stupid I know), he has now gone walkabouts so I am carrying on myself.

I had an M&S money credit card which was opened in 2006 and during the time the agent was looking after the letters etc a credit agreement never appeared.

I started receiving letters from DLC with regards the debt and I sent the a CCA request in which they have now returned a signed copy of the agreement and a statement of transactions.

I have also received a letter from ScotCall Debt Collecting Services with a doorstep collectionlink3.gif notice, are they linked with DLC?

Can anybody please advise what I need to do next

as I have no idea if the agreement is enforceable or not, my signaturelink3.gif is there and it is dated.

Also looking at the statement of transactions M&S have added a substantial amount of interestlink3.gif onto the account since it was originally disputed are they allowed to do this?

Sorry one more thing,

how do I know if the debt has been sold to DLC as I have never received a letter from M&S stating this?

Thanks

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you for looking, thought that may be the case. Yes I do have a copy of a default notice m&s sent in 2008.

What should I do now as I have no way of paying the balance in full!

Thanks

You will have to send the original creditor a SAR to find that out, but the good news is the DN is defective, they allowed you 14 days from the date of the notice for you to remedy... they neglected to allow for postal service, so if they've sold the debt or demanded payment of all the monies they have unlawfully rescinded the agreement and are only entitled to the arrears at the time the default notice was issued. ;)

If I end up paying the arrears am I entitled to ask them to remove the default notice from my credit file?
Depending on what the sar shows up but it is possible that you will not have to pay a penny + you will be able to demand the removal of the default and possibly have a claim for compensation.

The latest letter I have had from scotcall states "your above outstanding debt has been placed with scotcall" could this mean it has been sold and they hav'nt properly informed me?

Also should I send them a letter telling them I am sending m&s an sar to get them off my back as they are threatening a doorstep call?

Hello Skyblue

Write back to Scotcall and ask them to state exactly what they mean by 'the debt has been passed to us'. You may also want to write to the OC to confirm what the exact position is from their view point but perhaps the SARN request to the lender will bring that out.

The matrix is intrinsically flawed. Within it is the program for it's own destruction. If you are reading this, you are in the matrix and it's days are numbered...so watch out! :eek:

A doorstep caller is nothing to worry about when/if they come just tell them your not intrested and close the door. There is nothing they can do. They mean nothing.

A doorstep caller is nothing to worry about when/if they come just tell them your not intrested and close the door. There is nothing they can do. They mean nothing.

True, but it's the fact that it can be intimidating for some and also that the lenders will add a charge for that 'service' to your account - and charge interest for it of course.

Be mindful also that a doorstep visit from the lender, when a debtor appears to be in difficulty makes them 'look better' in the eyes of the regs should a complaint later arise. It makes them look like they've tried to 'improve' the situation.

But yes agreed, doorsteppers can certainly be ignored as far as I know...

The matrix is intrinsically flawed. Within it is the program for it's own destruction. If you are reading this, you are in the matrix and it's days are numbered...so watch out! :eek:

• 1 month later...

i,

I have now received a bubdle of paperwork from M&S which did arrived within the 40 day limit.

The documents they have enclosed are;

- another copy of the signed agreement,

screen prints outs detailing all transactions, payments and all contact.

There are a couple of copies of the more recent statements but no copies of default notices or Notice of assignment.

Do I need to send M&s another letter requesting this?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I have checked through the sar and it is very difficult to understand because a lot of if is in code but no it doesn't seem to have any mention of the account being sold on.

I havnt received anything from them since the sar,

is there anything else I need to do at moment or just sit tight and see what comes through next?

Thank you all for your help so far!