• Tweets

• The firm has benefited from the AI boom, making it the third-most valuable company in the US.View the full article
    • Former billionaire Hui Ka Yan has been fined and banned from the financial market for life.View the full article
    • In terms of "why didn't I make a claim" - well, that has to be understood in the context of the long-standing legal battle and all its permuations with the shark. In essence there was a repo and probable fire sale of the leasehold property - which would have led to me initiating the complaint/ claim v SPF in summer 19. But there was no quick sale. And battle commenced and it ain't done yet 5y later. A potential sale morphed into trying to do a debt deal and then into a full blown battle heading to trial - based on the shark deliberately racking up costs just so the ceo can keep the property for himself.  Along the way they have launched claims in 4 different counties -v- me - trying to get a backdoor B. (Haven't yet succeeded) Simultaneously I got dragged into a contentious forfeiture claim and then into a lease extension debacle - both of which lasted 3y. (I have an association with the freeholders and handled all that legal stuff too) I had some (friend paid for) legal support to begin with.  But mostly I have handled every thing alone.  The sheer weight of all the different cases has been pretty overwhelming. And tedious.  I'm battling an aggressive financial shark that has investors giving them 00s of millions. They've employed teams of expensive lawyers and barristers. And also got juniors doing the boring menial tasks. And, of course, in text book style they've delayed issues on purpose and then sent 000's of docs to read at the 11th hour. Which I not only boringly did read,  but also simultaneously filed for ease of reference later - which has come in very handy in speeding up collating legal bundles and being able to find evidence quickly.  It's also how I found out the damning stuff I could use -v- them.  Bottom line - I haven't really had a moment to breath for 5y. I've had to write a statement recently. And asked a clinic for advice. One of the volunteers asked how I got into this situation.  Which prompted me to say it all started when I got bad advice from a broker. Which kick-started me in to thinking I really should look into making some kind of formal complaint -v- the broker.  Which is where I am now.  Extenuating circumstances as to why I'm complaining so late.  But hopefully still in time ??  
    • At a key lecture in the City of London, the shadow chancellor will also vow to reform the Treasury.View the full article
    • Despite controversy China's Temu is becoming a global online shopping force.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Blemain finance

dax
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2252 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its the same old, same old with Blemain and they use the same tactics on everyone. Crime pay's, because their getting away with it and have been for years, we are after all, the gullable public, vulnerable or desperate, to have enlisted their services in the first place. I know I was, im a whooole lot wiser now!

Just need my money back and to watch them get screwed.

I hate seeing new arrivals here because I know what Blemain put me through and someone else is having that experience, which no one should.

Question Im trying to help someone out they have had a Blemain loan on their property no other mortgage on it in 2006 it was arranged through a third party broker they arent English and whilst they speak english (not perfect ) they dont understand all the charges etc which amount to £1000 broker fee £595 lenders arrangement fee and they werent told that these added to loan of over £30k so that loan facility was a lot more with these things added etc I have asked broker and Blemain about the independent advice they say they ie the customers were told to have that but clients say no and say they didnt understand the extras added form witnessed by a cleaner who no doubt was a solicitor in cognitum joking .... my view is they werent explained the charges nor early repayment penalty and not offered independent advice .

Blemain says it was up to broker to explain broker said he did . I do believe the people more than the broker and Blemain but not suer what cna be done advice please regards Gaz

hi

Send a subject access request along with £10, one to Blemain and one to the broker. they have 40 days to send all the info and then see what comes back.

This will give you all the paperwork conected with your friends and then you can tske it from there. there should be key facts info included in it which would of explained everything,

hi

Send a subject access request along with £10, one to Blemain and one to the broker. they have 40 days to send all the info and then see what comes back.

This will give you all the paperwork conected with your friends and then you can tske it from there. there should be key facts info included in it which would of explained everything,

ok already have copy of agreement but its worth a try to see what come of it thanks regards Gary

Its the same old, same old with Blemain and they use the same tactics on everyone. Crime pay's, because their getting away with it and have been for years, we are after all, the gullable public, vulnerable or desperate, to have enlisted their services in the first place. I know I was, im a whooole lot wiser now!

Just need my money back and to watch them get screwed.

I hate seeing new arrivals here because I know what Blemain put me through and someone else is having that experience, which no one should.

Hi Dax and all!!

Surviving reposession case against our good friends Blemain Finance. Now they are at it again. I have not missed any payments, instead have paid more than CCJ states I should. Now received Notice of Default Sum with charge of £ 138.00. I phoned them, and like the old wiley fox I have become, I spoke sweetly to them! I told them that as a simple soul I didn't understand, and could they explain the charge? The silly sphinktermuscle I spoke to said, yeah, no problem. It was two charges at £69 each for litigation. making £ 138.00. I thanked him kindly for his valuable information, and asked him if he could be so kind as to deduct this charge from the £ 200.= I overpaid. He said this was impossible, because they keep the charge open until the account has been settled in full! What? interest on charges for over 3 years? I told him that I had a small issue with that, because at the bottom of the letter it states: " We are not entitled to charge you interest on the default sums for the first 28 days after we have given you this notice, However, if the sums is not paid in full by that date, interest will be charged at the rate of 13.3%" I informed the silly sphinktermuscle that this was contradicting what he said. He then mumbled that he was the wrong department and that he would transfer me. Lots of music and then a nice young lady spoke to me. I wont give you her nickname, but slimey snail is a very kind description. I asked her in my sweetest voice if she could be so kind to explain, and she disappeared for a while to the sound of wonderful music. She then came back and said that she did not understand, and would contact 'the client' and she would come back later today. Well, she did, I reckon on the basis that my sweet voice would have been helpful to a peadophile. Then this afternoon I received a call from Blemain's legal stooges (Monarch) They started to explain, but I informed them sweet as ever, that I can only account for 1 legal charge. She agreed, and also could not find the other litigation cost of £ 69.= (No, of course not you little legal twerp!) I am sure they hope that I will go away and keep paying until I die, and then they will try and reposess the house from my widow or children. So, I am up in arms, back on my hind feet, eyes a-blazing. I have dug my little phinktermuscle destroyer out of the cupboard, and mean to do some serious harm. All with the help of the army of Caggers of course. In reality, I am a coward that cannot do it without this sites help and support. Well, if I can swipe these sharks, I promise that I will make 2 extra payments of Blemain's money to the consumer forums. I think £ 500 odd quid will do you lot good. (well, you do keep asking) So, wish me well and wish me luck, you noble kings and queens and goblins and terrors of the financial realm!

We all wish you well of course, DoubleU.

Blemain have left me alone for a while, and they probably think that I agree with the fact that it took 18 months to get a DPA print out of them, the fact that it consisted of only 3 pages and that it included so many wrongly charged items. I'm not that stupid, of course!

However, until I am secure enough in a job to be able to challenge them in court I won't rock the boat, so to speak!

I am looking forward to the result of your entanglement with them...and the best of luck! :D

This may be of assistance and enlightment for Blemaim Customers.

sparkie

Debtor gets five-year stay on repossession - 30/10/2009

gavel_onbrown.jpg

A debtor has secured a five-year block on repossession in a claims management case against his lender, after using consumer credit law to challenge his secured loan agreement.

Peter Bentley, of Bridgend, Cardiff, used the meaning of unfair relationships under Section 140A of the Consumer Credit Act (CCA) 1974 to claim that his loan contract with Blemain Finance was an unfair one.

Blemain also agreed to charge no further interest on the £40,000 loan and cut his repayments from £550 to £150 a month. At the High Court in Cardiff Judge Milwyn Jarman also prevented the lender from levying any charges or legal costs "whatsoever."

The judge barred Blemain for enforcing repayment via repossession for five years, but even after this period, it can only bring repossession proceedings if there are at least 12 months’ arrears on the new level of payments.

Bentley’s lawyers, Consumer Credit Litigation Solicitors (CCLS), successfully argued that Blemain had loaned the money to Bentley irresponsibly and that the agreement took advantage of his desperate situation.

CCLS argued that shortcomings in the decision making procedure on granting the loan, such as in the under writing, affordability checks and valuation processes, led to the credit agreement being unfair.

Andrew Settle, solicitor for CCLS, said: "The relationship between the parties was an unfair one within the meaning of Section 140A of the CCA 1974. CCLS is utilising a significant number of legal arguments, like those used on behalf of Mr Bentley, in thousands of cases on behalf of our clients."

CCLS successfully demanded to have the loan account re written, which is believed to be the first time a loan account has been rewritten under settlement, as a result of the unfair relationships test.

Bentley’s case was taken on by claims management company Cartel Client Review. Carl Wright, chief executive of Cartel Client Review, claimed that Blemain made the offer to Bentley in a bid to prevent a judge in a High Court setting a legal precedent against its lending practices.

He added: "A legal precedent could have driven a coach and horses through all its loan accounts. The consumer credit rule book is being rewritten as a result of High Court settlements like Blemain Finance v Bentley."

Bentley’s financial problems started when his mother died in 2007. He began part-time work to look after his father, who was suffering from Alzheimer’s, and then took out a £40,000 secured loan in February 2007 to alleviate his financial predicament.

His caring responsibilities led to a drop in working hours, and therefore a fall in income, and he then fell behind on his repayments. Blemain later chased Bentley for repayments on the loan, which by the time of this case being heard in court, had increased to £47,000.

• 3 months later...

does this mean that blemain will refund and start to treat other customers more fairly now?

my 10k loan with them is now at 17k after having paid back 6.5k self employed missed payments no ppi.

i dont even wanna mention the astronomical costs incurred to me with my main mortgage with cheshire bs.

Despite there being no payment due, or documents requested - Blemain wrote to me two weeks ago saying they had charged me almost £800 for 'failing to make payments and not supplying documents'.

I immediately wrote back and stated that I was unaware of any payments and that they hadn't requested any documents, therefore they had no right to seek legal advice as to why I hadn't complied.

I gave them FIVE DAYS to respond, and haven't heard a thing. However, I did remind them that they have an oustanding DPA request from February 2008! Perhaps that was enough to shut them up!

Despite there being no payment due, or documents requested - Blemain wrote to me two weeks ago saying they had charged me almost £800 for 'failing to make payments and not supplying documents'.

I immediately wrote back and stated that I was unaware of any payments and that they hadn't requested any documents, therefore they had no right to seek legal advice as to why I hadn't complied.

I gave them FIVE DAYS to respond, and haven't heard a thing. However, I did remind them that they have an oustanding DPA request from February 2008! Perhaps that was enough to shut them up!

I've had a very similar letter!! Needless to say a very strongly worded letter got fired off to these sharks.

I roo the day I ever got a mortgage with them. They are total shisters!!

I meant financially - they seem to be making increasingly ridiculous demands. Also wanted me to change my SO to a DD which I know they deliberately take after the end of the month so they can levy late payment charges.... I ignored them...

Other sub-prime lenders have struggled and gone under - I just hope Blemain do...

Funny you should say that MG!!

I have just received my SAR from them today!

They will not give me a settlement figure as "this has not been requested" (I guess they mean I haven't paid the £150 fee for a settlement figure!!) but they have included a "full statement of account from inception".

Interestingly this shows that when my monthly payment date falls on a weekend instead of taking it on the friday before they take it on the monday after. This then puts my account into arrears!!!

This statement does not show any fees have been added for this or any other reasons since inception but I wouldn't be at all surprised if they have a lovely long list elsewhere!!!

They also state "Information regarding commission disclosure will not be disclosed as it is our view that thi information does not constitute "personal data" within the meaning of the Data Protection Act 1998. Therefore, you are not entitled to seek disclosure of this under the subject access request"

Something to hide do you think?!!

Does anyone know of any other request I can make to find out about commission?

Thanks

Cupcake

• 5 months later...

Has anyone any updates with their cases, i'm looking in here after an absence, should I assume Blemain lost/won or are still hanging?

In my case it's the latter, is it the same for you?

• 7 years later...

I am currently dealing with a repossession of my property with Blemain.

Both my husband and myself were made redundant in August, we have struggled to keep up with our payments and are 4 payments behind.

We have tenants in the property who receive some money from council and pay some of their own rent, however this is very hit and miss.

Blemain have contacted my tenants without my consent and advised them to stop making any further payments on the rent which has put them in arrears and thus my mortgage payments in arrears.

I was handed over to a repossession company who are extremely rude.

I have not even received a letter from Blemain to advise I was being handed over.

The company now dealing with it wont provide any court papers or anything.

threads 8yrs old

you wont get seen here

start a new thread

of your own please

dx

thread now closed

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2252 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks