Knobbling MPs and Wannabes

phoenix11
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2801 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Although Parliament has been dissolved, MPs are still in situ and the wannabes are gearing up to grab what they can......

Is this not a really good time to be emailing our MPs to lobby like there is no tomorrow to create as much of a tsunami over the way the banks have increased not just their bullying but refusal to comply with the Banking Code, and to bring people to their knees???

Also, contact the wannabes - they may not be MPs but they've got a voice and they can lobby on behalf of their prospective constituents.

Sitting back to wait and see who gets into power is pointless and a waste of time, IMHO.

All those who've had their benefits stolen, who have been refused assistance as hardship cases, are being taken ever nearer towards bankruptcy or who's lives are being ruined by the banks refusal to be reasonable and assist as much as possible have absolutely nothing to lose, and everything to gain by making this now one very very big issue.

The country's recovery is going to be more blighted by the increasing spiral of debt and misery by the banks who have caused this massive problem in the first place, far more than any increase in NI.

Please - get writing, get emailing - make this a major issue which needs raising again now!

• Haha 1

To start you all off, here's a list of MP's and Lords with their email addresses

UK Parliament - Alphabetical list of MPs

Lex

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Great idea this, I'll make it a sticky. :D

Lex

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

&

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Thank you - I had a mild heart murmur when I couldn't find it at first.

:p

Here is another link for emailing:

WriteToThem - Now write your message to Lord Mandelson, House of Lords

Given that Lord Mandelson has already cited Bob Diamond of Barclays bank, emailing him with specific examples of that bank, or any other where there is a clear refusal to work within the banking code, and to demonstrate any bank's refusal to help their clients in difficulties has to be a good thing.

To email specific MPs, just use the They Work For You website and find your own MP.

I've written a letter to David Cameron and Nicholas Clegg as leaders of the opposition parties.

Note the instructions on that website - to use your own words - tell it like it is for you, giving chapter and verse of what you have been put through.

It's also only going to have an impact where people can demonstrate that they've tried everything to sort things out with a bank, are on benefits which have been misappropriated, or have had charges on charges on charges etc, not anyone who simply disagrees with the Supreme Court ruling.

This is your opportunity to talk about you - the deprivation, the distress, the affect on your health and degradation of you as a person.

The effect on the economy - the need to apply for any Crisis Loans to refund the benefits stolen, the impossibility of ever climbing out of debt - being driven to bankruptcy, as applicable to your own personal case.

Give factual details if at all possible.

Let's go for it.

:D

The only draw back at the moment is 100 or so MP's wont be standing for re-election coz they were allegedly caught with their fingers in the bag of penny's, if yours isn't on the list, not to worry.

The BBC are going to publish a list of all candidates soon, I'll update this thread when that happens.

Lex

&

• 2 weeks later...

I've had a response from the Conservatives - but I can't seem to find where I've put it.

Much along the lines of splitting the banking system of the day to day commercial banking from the big, investment-risk stuff.

For anyone who has written to their MP and not received a response (and they are still MPs until the die is cast) here are some suggestions from the WriteToThem team:

What should I do if my MP (or other representative) doesn't reply?

There are lots of things you can do to follow up your enquiry if you get no reply, or an unsatisfactory reply, from your representative.

See your MP or other representative in person, raise your issue with them at their local "surgery". Call your MP's local constituency office or your representative's party office to arrange this. You can find the number in your local phone book, or on your MP's website.

Make sure you have taken all other courses of action to raise your issue, or to get your problem solved. For example, contact the relevant central Government department, and relevant officers at your local councils. Ask your local Citizens Advice Bureau for advice.

Write a letter to your local newspaper about your issue, and your dissatisfaction with your MP, MEP or councillor.

Write a letter to your other representatives, such as your MP, your local councillors, MEPs or regional representatives, if appropriate. You can do this for free using WriteToThem.

Complain about your representative to their local party. Contact the local party office. The local party has the power not to select your MP as a candidate for the next General Election.

Use PledgeBank (www.pledgebank.com - made by the same charity that makes WriteToThem) to gather a group of people with the same issue as you, and solve the problem together.

Not sure what you mean, Marlonnice.

Found the letter - here are some snippets - but these are just from the letter and nothing to do with what I personally believe - just what one party is saying:

... a Conservative Govt would introduce a new levy on banks ......... There is already international support for such a a levy. In America, Pres Obama has announced plans for a 'responsibility fee'.................

And in Sweden, banks and other credit institutions have been paying a 'stability fee' since 1999.

......... we should also look closely at Pres Obama's recent plans to separate retail banking from activities such as large scale proprietary trading.

..... case for this sort of reform and that is it best done internationally.

... abolish the FSA...give responsibility for ensuring financial stabilityto a strong BoE ..........

... create powerful new Consumer Protection Agency which will have responsibility to protect the consumer. At the moment these are confusingly divided between the FSa & OFT. We will place them in a single powerful body able to stand up for consumers and ensure they are treated fairly.

Much of it is electioneering and the big stuff seems to be about who blinks first with swipes at the bonus culture and personal greed of the banks.

But the last bit IS something that should be happening for consumers. The FOS is a shambles at best with no clarity or consistency in its approach or treatment of complainants, OR of personal interpretation of the law which they should NOT be doing.

The law/ rules are laid down and the FOS has NO business in deciding on an individual adjudicator basis which rule or law may or may not be applied according to how they feel.

So - there may be a bit more ammo in that if anyone cares to use it.

You have nothing to lose - write to them!

:D

Edited by phoenix11

splitting the banking system can make investment-risk stuff... All those who've had their benefits stolen, who have been refused assistance as hardship cases.

;)Another post from this newbie that doesnt make sence, not very helpful. On my thread he said maybe my father did not go to court because he didnt abuse me. Forgive me but I was there;) Were you poster? An expert at 'it' according to profile, but of anything else? Posts make me wonder.:eek:

old friend of mine, thomas scotts running for election tho i doubt he'll get a seat (seen as hes running as mad c'ptin tom) ill try talking to him again sometime

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

• 2 weeks later...

Well, now the dust has settled, this would be an excellent time to start writing to MPs about the changes to the banking system to include forcing the banks to drop their charges to a much more reasonable level, have much clearer information on how they work and on consumer rights, to have to work with people in hardship and not just shove their accounts around to DCAs, and to have a much more strident accountable body to oversee the complaints.

If everyone sits back and waits for the next person to do something, nothing will be done.

If even a few of the members of the CAG kicked the ball off by writing to their MPs then hundreds of letters/ emails could go out within days, or even hours!

The banks are going to be edgy - they do not want to be interfered with as per the manifesto proposals - so now is a very good time to pile on the pressure for positive change for the 'basic' consumer.

• 1 year later...

Excellent thread Phoenex11. We still have to keep the pressure up so keep writing to your MPs, and there's a petition to Government here that needs our support.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?785-Re-Bank-Charges-Campaign-Continues

Please folks, don't leave this to everyone else. Demand action from the people who have been elected by us to look after our best interests.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...

And here is a list of MPs from the last General Election. No changes have been made since Theresa May took over, I think.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?438-Members-of-Parliament-contact-details-1.6.2015-including-Twitter

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D