Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Thread: sharon

Default sharon

I am waiting for my last 6 yearsicon statements from RBSicon i have written to them twice and eventually phoned them on friday they said that the statements should be with me by next friday. I have a problem with the spreadsheet i have never used one before so can anyone help as i want to send yje 14 day letter off as soon as i can

Similar Threads:

Default Re: sharon

hi Sharon

when you get the statements post again and one of us can give you a few tips on how to use it, you've just got to basically type each charge, date and amount in each line.

Stacy

NatWest - Settled in full 22/05/06

RBS- Prelim sent 9/05/06 1,147
    500 offer 27/05/06, rejected 30/05/06
    LBA sent 25/05/06
    MCOL 15/06/06
    Defence received 20/07/06
    Settled in full 01/09/06 wahey!!!!!!!!!
    Follows
    Following

i have just received all my statemnts for the past 6 yearsicon can i claim back refferral charges that i have been charged some months also some months i have double lots of interst included what do i do about htem? help. I also dont know where to go for the spreadsheets.

willowb

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...eadsheets.html

There's an on-going debate about claiming for interest charged on overdrafts, alot of people think that it is too difficult to do but it's up to you. What you have to bare in mind is that the overdraft has to have been caused by the unfair charges in the first place.

Wx

what about the referral charges and how do i get the spreadsheets?

willowb

I put a link in my previous post.....yes you can claim back referral charges, infact any charge which isn't their std monthly o/d fee which is for the service.

willowb

I put a link in my previous post.....yes you can claim back referral charges, infact any charge which isn't their std monthly o/d fee which is for the service.

oooops

how do i get the spreadsheets that i have to fill in also i dont add the interest do i?

Have sorted out the spreadsheets total of charges are 6950 not bad. Anyway sent off the 14day letter i have been on holiday and the RBSicon phoned me while i was away is this there normal practise if so what should i do when they phone again i just thought that they would write to me?

littlesally

Personnally if they phoned again, I would tell them to keep everything in writing. That way you always have something to refer to and don't have to rely on your (or their) memory.

My charges come to 6950.00 should i just claim for 5000.00 through the small claimsicon court?

littlesally

Thumbs up Re: sharon

Does this amount include interest? If it does, is the amount before interest under 5000? If so carry on, if it's over, I'm not sure, as small claimsicon courts are for under 5000. I have heard of people claiming more but not sure what has happened. If you don't get a reply, come to the chat room, as there is a few people there who may be able to help. I'm quite new to this myself. Good luck

Yes try to keep it under 5k (including interest )

the main claim HAS to be under 5k or you will be allocated a different track. the interest or other fees can take it over 5k but you pay slightly more.

the court charges will be 120 if the amount is under 5k or 250 if the total inc interest is over 5k.

you get the charges back anyway but it can be dificult to find them in the first place

Personally I would go for it in two chunks to keep costs down.

***dont sign anything saying that you won't claim again***

Dave

** We would not seek a battle as we are, yet as we are, we say we will not shun it. (Henry V) **

see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
    Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
    Follow your spirit; and, upon this charge
    Cry 'God for Harry! England and Saint George!'

If you think I have helped, informed, or amused you do the clickey scaley thing !!
    Follows
    Following

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details