JSA Failure to Attend FND External Provider Appointments & Sanction.

speedfreek
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5135 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I've been on JSA for 1.5 years (Cont. from Nov 09 to Mar 10 then Income based there after) and was classed as stage 4 @ the end of February 2010 and received a letter from JCP saying that I was being referred to an external provider under FND on 1/3/10.

On the 12/3/10 I got one of those Royal Mail you were out red slips and I picked up this letter on the 18/3/10

This was from the external provider dated 11/3/10; this stated I had missed an appointment with them on 10/3/10 and that I had to write to them within 7 working days to explain why or face being sanctioned. It also was to inform me of a new appointment to see them on the 17/3/10 for a second appointment.

Just to complicate matters I missed my signing date on the 09/3/10 and filled in a form @ the JCP on the 15/3/10 stating I was ill between the period 08/3/10 to 12/3/10. I have a letter from JCP to confirm this.

On the 23/3/10 I received another letter from the external provider which the 1st page said 'Please find our standard sanction letter. Regards'

The 2nd page stated a doubt has arisen on your claim for JSA as you have not attended one or more FND appointments, a decision will be made and that I will be notified. It also states that benefit payments will not be affected until a decision has been reached.

The 3rd page was a photo copy of Note for Guidance form ESL48JP which explains the above and appeals/decision processes etc.

I have not been in-contact with either the External provider or JCP about any of this.

I am also hopefully going to apply for ESA on 08/4/10, due to severe anxiety. I was hoping for earlier but my counsellor has to speak with my doctor and what with bank holiday weekend earliest appointment I could get afterwards.

Does anybody have an thoughts on my sanction outcome, how long it will take until I get a decision and anything I can do to mitigate it? As I'm a bit confused by the whole thing and unsure what I should do.

Also if this would have a knock on effect to an ESA claim? I've been advised by JCP to sign off JSA then call the number to apply for ESA the same day once med certs are in place is this correct?

Well I found this which explains what should happen

Flexible New Deal: ESL48JP Entitlement doubt guidance | Flexible New Deal Provider Information & Flexible New Deal Scandal

It looks like a very good resource for FND stuff.

Not sure if I'm allowed to link to is could a member of the site team vet thanks