Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.
    YBS2010 Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Oct 2010

Default Re: TRIBUNAL ACTION UK

Hi HB, thanks for the tip and I have done as y've suggested. As an update to my thread. I have emailed TOL's customer's services three times and I keep getting the same computer generated response - some guff about this being a complicated case and an independent reviewer needs to look at it.
    I find it quite insulting that they're underestimating my intelligence like this. I've now began the process with my credit card co and I am completing a dispute form. Whether this works or not I'll still send a complaint to the MOJ

Basic Account Holder
    CTrev Novitiate

Cagger since : Nov 2010

Hi everyone

I'm very interested to hear about all the terrible experiences that people have had, and wished that I had read this before getting involved with this company! Having problems at work or with dismissal are stressful enough, trying to then get your money back just makes things worse.

I contacted this company after their details came up on a presentation by Peninsula about an HR update. Initially I was quite impressed, the paperwork came though very quickly and the documents were prepared for me to approve online. However, I began to doubt that I did have a good claim for wrongful dismissal (breach of contract) after speaking with a solicitor. I also wanted someone to handle the case for me, not just write a letter to my previous employer for them to reply to me.

The problems started when I cancelled with Tribunal Action, within the 14 day period. I was sent a link to register that on, and since then I have heard nothing from them, well over a month ago. I had a voicemail message on November 1st, telling me that my refund would be in my bank account by the end of that week. Since then, 6 phone callsicon and a lot of fobbing off later, I have still not got my money.

I have written to the only Director whose details I can find, Dr Richard Glyn Lewis, contacted Trading Standards, written to the Regulator and started a claim through the small claimsicon court, and contacted BBC Watchdog. I feel so angry that the way my employer treated me was bad enough, to then have to deal with these crooks as well just makes it worse.

My advice is tell everyone you know not to deal with these people. They don't give the right advice anyway and then don't refund your money. Write to as many legal and consumer organisations that you can, the more people who do this, and the more complaints that are logged, the more the likelihood is that they will get closed down. Possible fraud case for the police? That's worth a try too!

I would suggest ringing ACAS, or your local Citizen's Advice Bureau.

Good luck!

Basic Account Holder

Cagger since : Aug 2010

Good luck with your claim and with BBC's Watchdog. Let us know if you get anywhere, and if necessary get back in touch and I will pass my details if they want to pursue a 'class action' against this company. I have not had anything back from the last people I wrote to which has given me no interest in pursuing the matter and have accepted the loss of my fees! If something changes, then I would be most interested!

May you be in heaven, half an hour before the Devil know's you're dead!
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Good luck with the MoJ!

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    CTrev Novitiate

Cagger since : Nov 2010

Hi everyone, just to let you all know that I have finally had my refund from Tribunal Action - hurrah! It took them 3 months but I finally got my money back, so please don't give up, that's just what companies like them rely on. The enforcement team of my local trading standards were very helpful, as were the Claims Regulator. I wrote 3 letters in total before finally getting a response and my money back.

Please keep chasing them, I know it's a pain and time consuming but worth it in the end.

Good luck!

Site Team honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13's Avatar

Cagger since : Nov 2009

Well done you. And thank you for letting us know, you could well help someone else who views this thread in the future.

My best, HB

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING
    EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

How did you achieve this....I have written to the Ministry of Justice and they have done nothing!!

How much did it cost you to get your refund...I am intrigued to know how much Trading Standards and the Claims Regulator charge? Is it a worth while investment??

Adam

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    Ask Jeff Novitiate

Cagger since : Jan 2011

Dear all

making a complaint to the claims management regulator is completely free as it is part of a government department. They can be slow to respond but they do respond eventually. Their details are:

Claims management regulation
    monitoring & compliance unit
    57 - 60 high street
    burton-on-trent
    staffordshire
    de14 1js

t: 0845-450-6858

Basic Account Holder
    philhoon Novitiate

Cagger since : Jan 2011

I too had problems with this company. I paid them nearly 1100.00 and suffered the same problems that everyone else has described.

As a last resort I filled in a county courticon claim and e-mailed it to the Service Centre, telling them that I was about to send it to the courts. I wasn't bluffing. By the next day I had been contacted by Tribunal Action's solicitor as they appear to freak out when they get one of these forms. She investigated my complaint and as a result I got my money back! It still took ages and a lot of phonecalls to her but I got there in the end. Persistence pays!

Basic Account Holder

I've just contacted Consumer Direct and they have told me to contact Tribunal Online quoting Verbal Misrepresentation, which is what I am going to do promptly!

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Tribunal Online replied to my letter on the 18th February and told me that I would get a correspondence from their complaints department within 14 days. To date, I have heard nothing. Will be back on to Consumer Direct (.Gov) on Monday, where they will advise me on the next step. Also have completed my county courticon form ready to sent on their advice.

Will update when I can........

Follows
    Following

Site Team honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13's Avatar

Cagger since : Nov 2009

Hello again and thank you very much for letting us know. I hope you get the result you deserve, please keep updating us when you can.

My best, HB

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING
    EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Certainly will.......We all need help against companies like this!!

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

After receiving a letter from their complaints department stating that I did have a case for a full refund, I later received a cheque from Tribunal Action UK for the full amount I paid them.

I was pleasantly surprised to say the least, but was extremely happy that they agreed with me.........at the second time of asking I hasten to add!!

All's well that ends well!

Follows
    Following

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details