Welcome Finance - Hp - Ucan car ***WON***

Tedstyler
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4987 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Not sure where to start with this as I seem to banging my head against a brick wall.

Went to Ucan in Chertsey to purchase a car back in January 2007. 7 hours later we left there with a new car after being fobbed off that the systems were down and everything had to be done via fax. Not the best way to spend a day with a 2 year old!

We then spent the next 6 months refusing to make payment ( not using the vehicle) and demanding they return our part ex due to problems with the vehicle and it took 5 months to get our first response! ( should have known from day one that this was going to end badly!) After receiving payment from welcome for the relevant repairs on the vehicle we decided to stick with it and keep the car.

Back in April 09 my new business was struggling and i called welcome to tell them to cancel the agreement and return the car as we had paid off over £7000 of the figure on a £13,000 loan and i just didn't want the headache of finding any money i didn't have. In the true banking style they told me they could half the repayment and half the interest to make it more affordable.

For 6 months I made those payments and then struggled again.

I made a payment on 18.02.2010 after receiving a Notice of Sums arrears and spoke to someone about my problems and then agreed to get payments back on track as there was a 5 months outstanding.

The guy said it was fine if I could start to make regular payment. Unfortunately I never got his name.

On Friday 19th March at 7:20pm a guy turns up at my door telling me he is taking my car. I tried speaking to Welcome Finance but there is no one of any use in that late and we were given a name of someone to talk to Monday but we had to release the car.

The following morning we received a letter from welcome sent second class saying they were lifting the vehicle referring to a default notice dated 11/02/2010. The only letter we have is the notice of sums arrears which surprisingly has that date on!.

I spoke to welcome today and specified the person we were told to call....... No such person!! Welcome are now telling me that when i agreed to reduce the payments and half the interest, i was in fact taking out a new HP on the car and the £7100 i have paid them is irrelevant, the car is theirs and I'm liable for the new loan of £13,652.24!!

I know its long winded, but someone please help

I'm on the verge of breaking down. My wife hasn't stopped crying and my kids are starting to wonder what the problem is.

I'm not sure where I stand and what to do. I have no idea if I signed a new agreement as I was struggling with everything. I now have no car and a serious debt on my head although I've paid off over half of it.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

oh wait till postggj sees this..

...watch out welcome...incomingggggggggggggggggg!!!!!!!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

INCOMMING IS THE WORD ALL RIGHT

THE BOVINE EXCRAMENT IS WELL AND TRULY GOING TO HIT THE FAN ON THIS ONE

now tedstyler

sit down and relax

it will be my pleasure to deal with this

i very much doubt you did a new agreement by what you have told me so far

seems a commision hungry muppett at welcome just trying to make a payment FROM YOU

first of all

since you signed the ORIGINAL agreement,

HAVE YOU EVER BEEN BACK INTO A WELCOME OFFICE AND SIGNED ANYTHING

PLEASE KEEP UPDATING YOUR THREAD AS IME NOW GOING TO GIVE YOU THE GOOD NEWS

IF WELCOME HAVE DONE A REPO WITH OUT A COURT ORDER,

YOU WILL GET BACK A REPLACEMENT CAR, ALL PAYMENTS MADE TO WELCOME, AND PUT 8 % CONTRACTUAL INTEREST ON TOP

:D:D:D

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

in the words of my late fathers great friend - fred dibnah:

did ya like that

dx

and they

Hey postggj, To be honest, I'm not sure. I'm starting to doubt my self.

I've been to the offices a few times as we've had so many problems with this company and I'm no longer sure when.

Its been struggle enough keeping on top of my business. This is the last thing I expected to happen....

Its highly likely they did make a new agreement if they halved it because thats exactly what they did to us and spread it over 10yrs without bothering to mention it! Hope post can sort this out for you.

Post any joy with mine ive had just about enough with it all now.

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

Ok don't worry, I think the best thing for you to do is sent off a credit agreement request and a subject access request. That way you will get to see the "new" agreement, (if there is one), and any default and termination notices they "allegedly" sent you.

If it's any consolation, they probably won't hassle you for the outstanding amount; they just seem hell bent on stealing peoples' cars at the minute. But that's just my opinion based on their recent pattern of behaviour.

Once you've got your CCA and any DN you will more than likely have plenty of defence should they take it further. Even more likely though, you'd have plenty evidence to take issue with them!! :D

Please keep your chin up, I know how you feel, but all is not lost :)

YOU ALSO NEED TO SEND THIS BY RECORDED DELIVERY

Your Address

Date

Dear Sir/Madam

Re:− Account/Reference Number 4563210025897412

This letter is a formal request pursuant s.77 TO S.79 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. I require you to provide me with a true copy of the credit agreement relating to the above account, together with any other documentation the Act requires you to provide.

I expect you to comply fully and properly with this request, within the statutory time limit. You are reminded that should you fail to comply with my request, the provisions of s.77(6) will apply.

Your attention is drawn to ss.5(2), 3(b),6 and 7 of the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 (CPUTR).

I enclose a postal order in the sum of £1.00, which is the statutory fee. Note that these funds are not to be used for any other purpose.

If you are unable to comply fully and properly with this request, you should confirm this in writing at the earliest opportunity, and certainly within the statutory time limit for compliance, and return the fee.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

print your name

print your name or if you are typing just type Mr/Mrs XXXX amazing what they attempt to do with a signature if they need one and any correspondence with them send recorded for your own sake ;)

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

• 3 weeks later...

All is not lost tedstyler can you scan the agreement and post it here with all your personal info deleted but figures left in.

Was there a default notice in the sar?

Was there a termination notice in the sar?

can u post them using the link as they are too small to be read there

do you have the envelope to prove it was second class?