ins claim for stationary accident?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5145 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

was in a stationary line of traffic ,car in front rolled back into me, then claimed i had scratched his bumper and took my address and phone no but not my registration number .Now his insurance comopany are demanding i pay for his damage,the scratch was about 18 inches long to the left of his bumper ,i own a xantia which has a curved front bumper so how he claims i damaged his bumper on one side i dont know .What do i do next.

starion

Edited by starion
mis spelled

Report it to your insurance company and suggest you are concerned the other party is attempting to make a fraudulent claim.

If his insurance company attempt to speak to you again refer them directly to your insurance company. Do not discuss it in any form with them at all.

Thanks for that what concerned me was he doesnt have my reg no and i told him at time he rolled into me therefore the law that rear shunts are the drivers automatic fault do not count this time.We did exchange details i do have his reg no tho.I have full no claims and do not intend to lose it for something i was not responsible for just because someone wants a (what looked like a carpark scartch)free repair to his bumper.

starion

It won't come as a surprise he may have told his insurer YOU ran into him. This means if you have no witnesses (or video evidence) to prove that he did as you say, you may be disadvantaged. Was in on a hill? This will help you, but only marginally. The insurers may decide to settle knock for knock, and this will count against you.

Unfortunately, if they decide on this, there is not much you can do to challenge it.

HI,according to my insurance co ,if the person claiming against me doesnt have my reg no ,he cannot claim from my insurance.But they will not tell them that, until they get his claim and proceed with it ,then they will tell him cant claim.

what happens after that i dont know maybe his ins will come after me for what he claims was my fault when he rolled back into me.

starion

Nice idea - you might have received this as an opinion from call centre staff, but my company has accepted a claim from me and successfully pursued the other driver. (I was sideswiped by a caravan bearing no VRM, it supposedly had 'fallen off').

I got the driver's details from the being painted on the side of his transit, but NOT the VRM as I could not see the rear one, and I wasn't going to break the speed limit by getting in front and trying to read it in the dark.

well done.but in this case i wasnt responsible i didnt hit him |(if i had he would need a new bumper as xantia estate diesels are very heavy)in your case he hit you and you deserved to be compensated for him sideswiping your transit.

starion

Buzby was pointing out that a lack of registration details is not necessarily an end to a claim.

By the terms of your contract with insurance you need to ensure you inform them of this incident, to enable them to defend it if necessary. That said if there was no damage to my car and as I would be morally correct in the circumstances you describe, I would have asked his insurance WTF you talking about, nothing happened and I have never heard of your client.