Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Default Sorry - i'm lost

Hello all

My first post so please forgive me if I haven't picked up on information already available. I have spent 2 days trawling through all the forums/stickies but seem to have endless tabs in my browser open and finally get frustrated and just close out before taking any further action. Again I apologize if this information is readilly available.

My question...

I have a default on my credit file for a Personal Loan from the RBSicon. This loan was taken out to cover the overdraft facility I had on my account back in 2003-2006

Now I understand that the bank may have heavily charged me during this period and would like to see if I am eligible for claim agaisnt them for this. If possible even get the default removed (remains to be seen I guess)

Can I have a summary of what letters are to be sent first, what do I have to then do once I recieve this information and what actions do I then need to take?

Currently I am in the process of requesting the information (Subject access requesticon) - in light of some recent posts, do I no longer have a chance of claiming against them? Is it going to be 11 wasted (Postal Ordes)?

If anyone can just give me a quick step 1,2,3 that would be brilliant and much appreciated.

Default Re: Sorry - i'm lost

11? SARicon is 10.

that will show you what unlawful fees they have applied.

then we will go from there.

if you pop to the homepage

you can read up on the current wisdom of how to reclaim these charges.

but that will be a while off yet.

lets see what the fleeced you for first.

dx

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HITTING 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' IF YOU ARE SIMPLY REPLYING TO THE LAST POST IN A THREAD..JUST TYPE!!
    it makes a thread twice as long to scroll through..save data download times and costs
    If you want advice please PM me a link to your thread. PM advice is not allowed!!
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

DX - thanks for the swift reply. I have taken a template letter found in here, the extra 1 is for ...

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']'I understand that under the consumer crediticon Act 1974 section 78, I am entitled to receive a copy of any credit agreement and a statement of account upon request . I enclose a payment of 1.00 which represents the fee payable under the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

I understand a copy of any credit agreement along with a statement of account should be supplied within
    12 working days. '[/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif'][/FONT]
    [FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Do I not need to include this in this letter?[/FONT]

if you are doubting the enforceablilty of the agreement, then that is a CCA which is 12+2 working days.
    that is a diff arguement.

however, bear-in-mind an SARicon will give you a copy of the agreement anyhow [oe make sure its included in the text of the SAR letter]

dx

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HITTING 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' IF YOU ARE SIMPLY REPLYING TO THE LAST POST IN A THREAD..JUST TYPE!!
    it makes a thread twice as long to scroll through..save data download times and costs
    If you want advice please PM me a link to your thread. PM advice is not allowed!!
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Thanks dx, will keep you posted on outcome and request advice next steps once I have tallied up how much they have slaughtered me for. Also just read that charges cannot be taken whilst recieving benefits, I know I definately had those too when I was claiming benefits.

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details