Appealing against redundancy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2493 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It all depends on the grounds of your appeal... and the points you are appealing against...

• Haha 1

---Aut viam inveniam aut faciam---

***All advice given should be taken as guidance... Professional advice should always be taken before any course of action is pursued***

- I do not reply directly to any PMs, but you are more than welcome to enclose a link, in a PM, to your post. Thank you -

Make a contribution to this site... Help the CAG keeping on helping you for FREE.

Hi

I'm unable to post to much information, this site is used by others, surface to say, my employer claims my position is redundant, yet they are asking for "volunteers" to cover what was my shift

When it comes to redundancy, there is two possibilties...

a) the job disappears... or

b) the workplace disappears...

Any other and I would request the employer to justify how the position has become redundant since he is covering what was my job...

***All advice given should be taken as guidance... Professional advice should always be taken before any course of action is pursued***

- I do not reply directly to any PMs, but you are more than welcome to enclose a link, in a PM, to your post. Thank you -

Make a contribution to this site... Help the CAG keeping on helping you for FREE.

Thank you

Any other and I would request the employer to justify how the position has become redundant since he is covering what was my job...

Does this site have a template letter I could use / amend, I'm not very good at creating letter

Hi there. I can't see a template on the site, not to say there isn't one - I'm not very good at finding these things.....

As no-one is on the thread at the moment, maybe I'll try to start it off and then others can amend it. I've never written one myself either. Here goes:

Dear ____________

Proposed redundancy

I am writing to appeal against the decision to make my position with the company redundant.

I do not feel that the selection process has been fair to me. Further, I understand that volunteers have been requested to cover my shift. This means that my position is not redundant.

I look forward to hearing from you in writing.

Yours sincerely

I hope this might start some debate for you, Owen.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hi

Here goes:

Dear ____________

Proposed redundancy

I am writing to appeal against the decision to make my position with the company redundant.

I do not feel that the selection process has been fair to me. Further, I understand that volunteers have been requested to cover my shift. This means that my position is not redundant.

Yours sincerely

I hope this might start some debate for you, Owen.

Fantastic, thank you, thank you, thank you, should anyone wish to add to the letter above, I best confirm, I've received my redundancy date, together with my redundancy package in writing.

Dear ____________

Proposed redundancy

Yours sincerely

Sounds good to me...

This case should not have any impact on any reference... as you are simply trying to assert your rights...

This case should not have any impact on any reference... as you are simply trying to assert your rights...

OK, thanks, do I give them a time when to reply i.e.: 7 / 14 days or a date, or just leave the letter as it stands?

No, mention that 7 days is a reasonable timeframe to reply to your letter...

OK, how does this sound?

Dear ____________

Proposed redundancy

Following your verbal announcement 4 weeks ago re my position being "at risk" I'm still awaiting written confirmation, I'm therefore unable to comment any aspects in relation to that, however, I am writing to appeal against the decision to make my position with the company redundant.

I look forward to hearing from you in writing within the next 7 business days

Yours sincerely

Proposed redundancy

Further to your announcement 4 weeks ago (re. my position being "at risk") I'm still awaiting written confirmation. I am, therefore, unable to comment on any aspect related to that, however, I am writing to appeal against the decision to make my position, within the company, redundantlink3.gif.

I do not feel that the selection process has been fair to me. Further, I understand that volunteers have now been requested to cover my shift. This means that my position has not been made redundant.

I look forward to hearing from you in writing within the next 7 days.

Yours sincerely

Proposed redundancy

Further to your announcement 4 weeks ago (re. my position being "at risk") I'm still awaiting written confirmation. I am, therefore, unable to comment on any aspect related to that, however, I am writing to appeal against the decision to make my position, within the company, redundantlink3.gif.

I do not feel that the selection process has been fair to me. Further, I understand that volunteers have now been requested to cover my shift. This means that my position has not been made redundant.

I look forward to hearing from you in writing within the next 7 days.

Yours sincerely

Thank you

No problems... :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all

Update:

I submitted a written appeal against my redundancy, HR replied in writing giving an explanation why I was being made redundant (Loss of contracts / Company restructure, etc.,) their reply did not include any issues I raised with my appeal letter.

Is that it now? I assumed I was entitled to a face to face appeal to elaborate on the reasons why I appealed (no idea if I was legally entitled to a face to face appeal)

Any advice please?

• 7 years later...

Hello and welcome to CAG.

You need to start a new thread of your own please and tell us what the problems are. I don't think we have a template letter, but we should be able to give you an idea of what to say if we understand your situation.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hi All,

I need to appeal against unfai redundancy, does anybody have a template letter that I can use?

The thread you have replied to is old..... but even so, did you not see the earlier posts:

Hi

I need to appeal against my redundancy, does anyone have a template letter I could use / amend to submit my appeal?

It all depends on the grounds of your appeal... and the points you are appealing against...

How do you expect to be given anything other than the most vague template (of which theree is an example on this thread!) if you haven't started finding out your grounds of appeal, and the points you are appealing on?