Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Taking RBS to court

Could I take RBSicon to court for trying to enforce unenforacable debts made up of missoldicon PPI and for publishing untrue information on my credit files?

Default Re: Taking RBS to court

Suggest that you follow their complaints process first of all and then use the services of the fosicon if necessary.

and ICOicon but correct follow their procedures first ask for their complaints procedure then go through the motion its drawn out but if all else fails then court action

[URL="http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html"][COLOR=#003399]http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html[/COLOR][/URL]

[COLOR=#ff0000]Advice & opinions given by patrickq1 are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional[/COLOR]
    Follows
    Following

Default User is banned

User is banned, content is deleted automatically.

yes to both. missoldicon ppi on 3 loans two of which were to refinance the previous loans.

only failed to make the payments on the last one due to unexpected life event. i did tell them I wouldn't be able to make the payments and asked if they could let me have longer to pay - I was still working. They were less than helpful - they offered me another loan! I took out a parachute accounticon and contacted cccs. The loan was defaulted and my payments through cccs started 3 months later. As you can imagine interest and charges were piled on during that period.

The advice is still to follow the complaints procedure of RBSicon and then when you reach deadlock, to pass this to the fosicon.

If I complain to the bank about missoldicon PPI how should I word the letter? I have kept my original loan agreements. (The loans were taken out in 2001 and 2003). They were both taken out to reschedule existing debt and both over 5 years. If the full fee for 5 years was put on the first account and then the rescheduling loan had another full fee for 5 years cover on it surely I should have been given a refund for the 3 years of cover I didn't use?

it all comes under multiple loan agreements,this alone now changes the whole situation...if possible could you post up each agreement but remove all data that can identify you...
    also have you sent your SAR for all data they hold on you
    if not you need to do this straight away...
    as you did try to re negotiate with them for help in either reducing the payments by asking for releif thay have proved very unhelpful then you have a case to build upon,if the PPIicon were an extra addition that you had not asked for then a complaint to the FSA AND fosicon concerning this ,hopefully you have calculated your PPI payments and thses can be used to reduce your bill somewhat and if like you say you only missed one payment after the fact that you had asked for help will show you did try and help was refused except to say they were willing to offer another contract at much higher rates that you felt were unfair ..so i think we need to see all data in order to make some sense as it is we are only getting bits of info BW but dont forget to remove personal dataicon..
    patrickq1

[URL="http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html"][COLOR=#003399]http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html[/COLOR][/URL]

[COLOR=#ff0000]Advice & opinions given by patrickq1 are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional[/COLOR]
    Follows
    Following

Default User is banned

Quote Originally Posted by patrickq1 View Post
    it all comes under multiple loan agreements,this alone now changes the whole situation...if possible could you post up each agreement but remove all data that can identify you...
    also have you sent your SAR for all data they hold on you
    if not you need to do this straight away...
    as you did try to re negotiate with them for help in either reducing the payments by asking for releif thay have proved very unhelpful then you have a case to build upon,if the PPIicon were an extra addition that you had not asked for then a complaint to the FSA AND fosicon concerning this ,hopefully you have calculated your PPI payments and thses can be used to reduce your bill somewhat and if like you say you only missed one payment after the fact that you had asked for help will show you did try and help was refused except to say they were willing to offer another contract at much higher rates that you felt were unfair ..so i think we need to see all data in order to make some sense as it is we are only getting bits of info BW but dont forget to remove personal dataicon..
    patrickq1
    could someone post a link to photobucketicon?

forget last post. I'll get one of the techies at work to help me scan them and post them. Sorry, I'm trying not to be a technophobe

Default User is banned

Does anyone know why they don't take me to court? I haven't paid them anything for over a year now?

Default User is banned

Quote Originally Posted by diddydicky View Post
    well i'll bet a pound to a bucket of pig sh*t it is because they can't (they have no cause of action)
    can you explain further? what would be a cause of action and if they are so sure I owe them money that they keep updating my credit record at the agencies why can't they take it to court?

Default User is banned

thanks diddydicky. Do you never sleep?

sorry, not good. I'll try again later.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details