• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Calling all disabled people on ESA that have had a raw deal with ATOS it's time to fight back.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4573 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We all need to unite and a uk wide protest in london in front of the tv crew how disabled people are being treated this esa [problem] is a joke.

we just need people to have courage and who want to fight for their rights because until we fight for our rights we will be treated like animals remember the election is months away.

Gordon Brown needs to open the other eye that is closed and see reality ironically he has a disability himself one eye that he cannot see with perhaps he needs to be reminded the difference of being poor and being disabled.

WE MUST FIGHT people it's got to be done. WE ARE ALL BEING TOLD that WE ARE LIARS and we don't have disabilities.

Post your concerns HERE.

Edited by Like-Im-Being-Ripped-Off

My advice is based on my opinion and my experience. It is not to be taken as legal advice as I am not legally qualified

If my advice has been helpful, please take a moment to click on the scales

on the bottom left hand side of my profile :p

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, good start to a good idea!

I would like to see us mobilise in some way. As you say, there is an election coming up and the near future would give us a better chance of visibility. But I don't know how we can do it...

... so count me in :)

Up the revolution!

Best wishes

Rae.

Hi, good start to a good idea!

I would like to see us mobilise in some way. As you say, there is an election coming up and the near future would give us a better chance of visibility. But I don't know how we can do it...

... so count me in :)

Up the revolution!

Best wishes

Rae.

Thanks your on my list Kelcou,

I think a good idea is to start with atos and get as mud as we can i would like to start a name and shame approach but im not shure if this site will allow us to do this.

and i think making formal complaints to atos and dwp and your MP maybe.

the direct approach would be to get a ralley at westminister and no 10.

anyone interested in any of the ideas please post your comments.8-)

or any other ideas welcome.

My advice is based on my opinion and my experience. It is not to be taken as legal advice as I am not legally qualified

• 2 weeks later...

OK, update on my thread about my son.

MSP got the Tribunals rumbled up and we now have a date for April.

MP on the other hand has written straight to the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions and has asked why the evidence of one of the country's most Eminent Dermatologists has been ignored!!!

More info to come when I get it

Maz

OK, update on my thread about my son.

MSP got the Tribunals rumbled up and we now have a date for April.

MP on the other hand has written straight to the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions and has asked why the evidence of one of the country's most Eminent Dermatologists has been ignored!!!

More info to come when I get it

Maz

Maz.

Hope it goes well (good result):smile:

Keep it coming guys and gals, we need as much as we can gain about why professionals are being ignored.....:idea:

Kelcou.

more on the facebook could be another idea:idea:

I urge us to bomberd the Rt Hon Yvette Cooper MP who is Secretary of State for Work and Pensions at the DWP. with emails, letters and the like.

Count me in for FB as Im a bit of an addict LOL!!!

I also urge folks to involve their MPs or MSP's or both. When they start to get all the requests for help and they find they cant do other constituency work done for helping with ESA and DLA appeals, they may realise that something is way wrong.

Here is Rt Hon Yvette's address

Rt Hon Yvette Cooper MP

Secretary of State for Work and Pensions

Department of Work and Pensions

Richmond House

79 Whitehall

London

SW1A 2NS

This is the exact address from the top of the letter my MP sent to her.

I am very disappointed at the complete lack of interest this thread has generated.

OK, I'll admit a little personal bias.

For those fortunate enough to retain their health let me tell you how things pan out for the disabled and seriously ill in this country today.

You have two choices of benefit. Employment Support Allowance or Job Seekers Allowance. Thats it. If you fail to get fifteen points on ESA you HAVE to go for JSA or get nothing. Regardless of your actual health.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for malingerers being weeded out of the system but this is using a sledgehammer to crack a nut.

In my own case, I have severe COPD. Even the DWP in their A to Z of medical conditions agree I only have a 50/50 chance of surviving for 5 years. I won't bore you with the symptoms but lets just say I'm happy not to have to face being an OAP :)

And yet I failed my ATOS assesment and then my Tribunal - the 'medical expert' had no knowledge of COPD.

I don't really care about my case, but I do care deeply about the many people put in my position.

We may be disabled. We may be seriously ill. But we DO need to seriously think about doing something. Neither main political party is going to change the status quo. We have to act somehow and find a method of coming together and acting in unison.

Somehow, guys an gals, we have to create a revolution..

Rae. x

Whats needed is a dedicated website, an action group slant, a slogan i.e. 'ATOS ADIOS', where folk can register there experiences and dissatifaction

at ATOS. This reminds me of the FOS who get £500 for each enquiry they look into, sod the result. If I put in a complaint against Cap. One, Cap. One pays the FOS £500.

I am very disappointed at the complete lack of interest this thread has generated. I AGREE THERE RAE!:-(

OK, I'll admit a little personal bias.

For those fortunate enough to retain their health let me tell you how things pan out for the disabled and seriously ill in this country today.

You have two choices of benefit. Employment Support Allowance or Job Seekers Allowance. SUCKS Thats it. If you fail to get fifteen points on ESA you HAVE to go for JSA or get nothing. Regardless of your actual health.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for malingerers being weeded out of the system but this is using a sledgehammer to crack a nut.

In my own case, I have severe COPD. Even the DWP in their A to Z of medical conditions agree I only have a 50/50 chance of surviving for 5 years. I won't bore you with the symptoms but lets just say I'm happy not to have to face being an OAP :)

And yet I failed my ATOS assesment and then my Tribunal - the 'medical expert' had no knowledge of COPD.

I don't really care about my case, but I do care deeply about the many people put in my position. KEEP YOUR CHIN UP I KNOWS IT"S HARD DONT LET THE BUGGERS GET YOU DOWN.

We may be disabled. We may be seriously ill. But we DO need to seriously think about doing something. Neither main political party is going to change the status quo. We have to act somehow and find a method of coming together and acting in unison.

Somehow, guys an gals, we have to create a revolution..

Rae. x

Rae,

I had a feeling when starting this thead it would lack interest but worth a try.......

I myself is suprised of the lack of fight of the british people, it's the same on anything that happens in his country wether it be this (ATOS) petrol, car tax, ect, i feel that people don't care what a state this country is in. i think that disabled people get a raw deal because they haven't the energy to fight. is it worth bombarding the national papers or similar into looking a what they are doing to us.

Count me in for the revolution, if you take thick people LOL. WE TAKE ANYONE THAT WANTS TO FIGHT.I hadn't realised where this thread was until LIBRO put it on the benefits forum just now .

HB

HB.

Count me in,

need some ideas if you would or could. lol:smile:

LIBRO:grin:

We all need to unite and a uk wide protest in london in front of the tv crew how disabled people are being treated this esa [problem] is a joke.

we just need people to have courage and who want to fight for their rights because until we fight for our rights we will be treated like animals remember the election is months away.

Gordon Brown needs to open the other eye that is closed and see reality ironically he has a disability himself one eye that he cannot see with perhaps he needs to be reminded the difference of being poor and being disabled.

WE MUST FIGHT people it's got to be done. WE ARE ALL BEING TOLD that WE ARE LIARS and we don't have disabilities.

Post your concerns HERE.

Hello everyone, New here 'so please be gentle with me':)

I COULDN'T AGREE MORE WITH YOU LBRO!

I am in the middle of the DWP/ATOS debarcle....

I have been in touch with ATOS and my MP?.... for all the good it's done...and it's APPEAL HERE I COME!....

definately want to join your campaign...

WE NEED TO BE HEARD!!!

THINGS NEED TO BE CHANGED!!!

I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT THE GOVERNMENT IS ALLOWED TO GET AWAY WITH THIS!!!

think the government are publishing something about the ESA this week so it's going to be in/on the news?...

I'll go to London to protest! anyone else going???

X

I have a atos medical assesment this Wednesday so count me in because even if i do win in here to stand up for the less fortunate

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

im sure you can get loads of support and ideas on the benefits and work forum too

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Hello everyone, New here 'so please be gentle with me':)

I COULDN'T AGREE MORE WITH YOU LBRO!

I am in the middle of the DWP/ATOS debarcle....

I have been in touch with ATOS and my MP?.... for all the good it's done...and it's APPEAL HERE I COME!....

definately want to join your campaign...

WE NEED TO BE HEARD!!!

THINGS NEED TO BE CHANGED!!!

I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT THE GOVERNMENT IS ALLOWED TO GET AWAY WITH THIS!!!

think the government are publishing something about the ESA this week so it's going to be in/on the news?...

I'll go to London to protest! anyone else going???

X

COUNTMEIN

Keep us posted on any news.

Pompeyfaith

Good luck wed.

Calling all who has been treated like a garbage by the DWP and ATOS

I think what might be a idea to is name and shame the so called medical professionals and what area there in. ie Dr let me hurt you as hard as we can. and were he or she is working, say at the atos office BRIGHTON or TELFORD you get the idea.:grin:

LIBRO.

im sure you can get loads of support and ideas on the benefits and work forum too

it's a paying site not alot have people have the money for that sorry.

PF.

That's not really any help in this issue im afraid.

if you have any other ideas let us know.

LIBRO.

the forum is free though

the forum is free though

Sorry PF the forum is free, LOL:shock: slaP ME......

LIBRO

Edited by Like-Im-Being-Ripped-Off

Sorry PF the forum is free, LOL:shock: slaP ME......

LIBRO

No problem LIBRO

Nice to see a few more posts coming in!

A new facebook page has been created. Log in to fb, click groups and search for 'Give It Back!'.

I'll be getting my personal website up and running, hopefully by the end of the coming week.

Best wishes

Rae.