DLA doctor visit today

billyt
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5122 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i had the dla doctor visit today and she confirmed my illness and said it looked like i needed help.

will this mean the dla will award me my claim and if yes how long normanly after a doctor visit before you get any word

Sadly no. It is up to the decision maker at the DWP to decide that, it may be that the doctor will submit a good report with recommendations but it is still the decision makers job to interperate that report and decide. If they have got all the evidence they need, I would imagine you may hear in the next 2 to 3 weeks. If not ring them and ask.

If they do turn you down you can appeal. With that in mind, now may be a good time to make a few notes about what happened at the doctors visit today. What he asked you, what you think he could of asked about but didn't, if it is relevant to your claim. Did he examine you, did he see you walking, did he check all your medication, that sort of thing. You may never need it but it is worth taking some brief notes just in case for future reference.

I hope you get a good result soon, if you need any help let us know on the forum, we will help where we can.

:)IF YOU ARE BORED WITH LITTLE TO DO:)

My Story - Simon -V- The (SH)Abbey - :!:WON / 19 November 2007:!:

SKY TV and the penalty charge - how far will it go?

Me V Its4me and Close Premium Finance:!:WON / 28 November 2007:!:

IF I CAN HELP, I WILL, IF I DO, THEN PLEASE CLICK ON THE SCALES ON THE LEFT

thank you. yes i was examined and she confirmed my condition and she told me the problems i would have things like not being able to wash my own hair

the doc had asked me before this who washed my hair and i told her my wife did this

also because i have dizziness she said that there was no way she would want me to go up the stair incase i fell down them

she asked me to get up and walk about 5 feet and back and then she checked my pulse which was racing and told me to stop worrying everything would be ok and she went.

Another thing which i thought was strange i didnt counter sign the form she filled in

• 2 weeks later...

hi all thanks for your help i got my dla decision letter today saying i have been awarded middle care and low mobility it doesnt say how long for but it will be back dated for 16 weeks

thanks again just the esa to deal with now

If you got DLA you must be under 65- working age so have you tried for ESA?.your DLA wont be counted so ,if you've no other income, on you wifes earnings you should apply for appliedd for council tax and rent rebate ( if you are a renter) Also with you getting middle care allowance your wife should applie for carers allowance. Although she earns to much money to get the actual allowance, I believe she would qualify for the 'carers premium' which will help reduce your council tax even further

All so if you claim tax credits inform them as there is a disability premium on there also.

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.