Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Default Mark v Bank of Scotland

Hi,

Ive finally worked out how to start a new threadicon - phew!

I handed my initial letter in to my branch on 06 July and had to do a bit of talking before they would give me a reciept. I recieved a delaying letter back on 12 July advising me that they do not have this information by itself but they would give me the information in statement form.
    I replied to them on 20 July and recieved the first 3 years a few days later. Approximately a nother week later i recieved the rest in individual envelopes!!!

I have filled in the Schedule of claim template which comes to 1488 with the interest another 204.51 (@ 8%).

Having read other threads it would appear that i have to split my claim in to three to keep under the 750 Scottish small claimsicon limit.

Do I send the schedule with my letter to the bank including the interest or just the charges at this stage and do I send the three seperate claims in at the same time??

Thanks

Mark

Similar Threads:

Default Re: Mark v Bank of Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by mark.a.wilson

I have filled in the Schedule of claim template which comes to 1488 with the interest another 204.51 (@ 8%).

Having read other threads it would appear that i have to split my claim in to three to keep under the 750 Scottish small claimsicon limit.
    you can claim upto 1500 using Summary Cause, still small claimsicon Court, look here
    Summary Cause Guidance Notes

Bank of Scotland round 1: 740 + costs settled, still sore over the 8% grrr
    Bank of Scotland round 2: 629 +101.15 interest +39 costs settled.
    Follows
    Following

Hi guys - just a little update.

Sending my Preliminary Approach for Payment along with the Schedule of Charges for 1693.00 on 23/08/06.

I'll keep you posted how I get on.

Mark

i am avidly going to follow your progress mark as this is what i will be going through. good luck to you. jules

Quote Originally Posted by mark.a.wilson
    Hi,

Ive finally worked out how to start a new threadicon - phew!

I handed my initial letter in to my branch on 06 July and had to do a bit of talking before they would give me a reciept. I recieved a delaying letter back on 12 July advising me that they do not have this information by itself but they would give me the information in statement form.
    I replied to them on 20 July and recieved the first 3 years a few days later. Approximately a nother week later i recieved the rest in individual envelopes!!!

Do I send the schedule with my letter to the bank including the interest or just the charges at this stage and do I send the three seperate claims in at the same time??

Thanks

Mark
    I just included the schedule for the full amount of charges at the prelim/lbaicon letter stage, you don't however mention the 8% interest until court summons time!

BOS

Claim No.3 for 589.75+8%, Decree received, Sheriffs Officers instructed to serve a charge 21/4!
    Claim No.4:- claiming 1507.00, Court Papers submitted 5/4 !
    Follows
    Following

Hi Jules / Thanks Gargoil,

I was a bit mixed up with the normal interest and the judicial interest - Ive included the normal interest (208ish) using the spreadsheet template but not the 8% Judicial interest.

Ive also sent DPA letters to Bank of Scotland Visa / Littlewoods Persoanal Finance / Ford Credit.

Im not sure what charges may be on these accounts, but there must be some over the past 5 years - 20 is 20!!!!

Cheers

Mark

Sent Prelim request for payment on 23/08 - nothing heard yet only 2 days to go before the 14 days are up. Should i call them? and if so what should be said.

I would not call, but someone may call you as time is running out... They will (if same as me) offer you 110, then you send the lbaicon, and they will offer you 330 then I am unsure wether you have to send anothe lbaicon...?

GK

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details