Bought Mercedes for Mercedes came out to be an IMPORT!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5162 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I bought a Mercedes benz from a mercedes dealership using welcome finance so it was a hire purchase in 2006, just recently I went to part exchange the car and was told that I would get a reduced value for the car since it was identified as being a dutch import. I didnt know that the car was a import until today. I have outstanding finance on the car with welcome finance who have fined me god knows how many times for late payments and threaten to cease the vehical and auction it off and then hold me liable for any short fall. To be honest I dont really want the car anymore especially after finding out its an IMPORT! They never stated this to me even when I asked them. Any ideas on what i can do?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

ALL BMW's are imports. You didn't think it was made in the UK did you? :)

You don't say if it is LH or RH drive, which is a pretty good pointer - since EU certification is required, there is now little difference between countries, just the SPEC for the country it is sold, in. If it is RH drive, then its value will be based on its original sale price - if this is lower than the UK price, then there will be a reduction, but it is swings and roundabouts - especially for vehicles that have a higher mainland price than one in the UK (it does happen).

well they never disclosed to me that the vehicle was an import, and because of it being an import range rover are offering me a reduced quote for the part-exchange because of it being an import!

It's a two-way street, the reason you bought it was probably based on the price....? What you bought probably reflected the price of a non-UK spec model, so this 'reduction' will continue when you sell it on.

If the garage asserted it was NOT an import, then you could chase them. but if they did not - or did not establish the prior history yourself, then the time to seek retribution is at the time of sale, not when it is time to sell on and you realise there is a reduction in the price you'll get.