HELP REQUIRED- Vehicle Removed when Parked on Double Yellow Lines

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6432 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there im new here an require some help please..! i had to go Edgeware rd one evening and parked on a side road on double yellow lines and there was no notice board stating vehicles will be removed. i was not obstructing or causing danger to any pedestrians or other road users.

The road had a single yellow line and then a few parking bays and then a double yellow line! All the parking bays and the single yellow line was occupied with parked vehicles so i had parked just next to the parkin bay.

i had only gone for 40mins and when returning my vehicle had been removed and my heart sank..! i actually thought my vehicle had been stolen. Then a traffic warden i managed to track down told me to ring up the City of Westminister and they may have removed it.!

Anyways i had to pay £200 to have my vehicle released from the car pound and have done a representation which has been rejected and now i am appealing to the Parking Adjudicator.

I accept to pay for the Parking Notice Charge which was a fine of £50 for parking on the double yellow lines but i am not accepting the remaining charge of my vehicle being removed for not causing any obstruction or danger to other road users or pedestrians.

If anyone can help me in this issue i would be grateful and thank you in advance.

I'm sure someone here will be able to quote the case law. But as I recall there was a quite recent case in which the council lost on the grounds that they had violated the owners human rights & only the police have the authority to remove & only of they ARE causing an obstruction or a danger