DavrosvRBS

davros123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6460 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

43 days since requesting statements- on enquiring to bank in person- I was told that copy statements are being sent to branches for collection, BUT the bank did not inform me that they were ready to collect. Apparently if they are not collected in 5 days, they are destroyed. The bank are saying this is a "problem" and that they are trying to redress the problem. Has any one else heard of this?

The bank is RBS. Statements were requested 23.06.06. Cheque for £10 cashed 11.07.06. Never heard a thing from the bank. Rang them 3 days ago and they said they had no record! but when I explained the £10 had been taken the manager said he would follow it up and call me back. When no call came I went to the bank in person. I was then told that they were having a problem due to the volume of requests for statements- then went on to say that if statements were not collected from the branch they would be destroyed after 5 days!! The problem is the bank (RBS) is failing to tell the client the statements are ready for collection. This "problem" as they so put it, is to be redressed. The person I spoke to would not take any further action as the manager was not in the office, and she did not want to duplicate any work he was doing. She said she would leave a note for him to telephone on Monday. When I told the bank person the 40 day rule had passed- she wasn't interested in the least. But did comment that if I had not gone overdrawn I would not have incurred any charges. Example: went OD by £12 and incurred 3 charges of 2x £38 and a further £28 so now I am over £100 OD instead of 12.

Statements finally appeared after 47 days. But nothing on any defaults.

Prelim. letter gone, on 08.08.06. I am owed £2030.14. 14 days to go and counting.

Davros123