• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Can you file directly under reg 6? And funding free banking when you pay for your account... ie Royalties??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5158 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I followed the process through intitially and then due to various reasons and lack of time i didnt get to filing with the court. So RBS kept my case on hold and have now wrote to me to say sorry mate but you lost.

They have stated that if i dont respond withing 8 weeks then they consider the matter closed. I have a few weeks left and want to put a letter together to say i dont accept that it is closed as the matter is still ongoing.

Because i didnt originally file under reg 6, does that mean i can go straight in with reg 5.

Also.... is there any argument against the charges... which they have admitted fund free banking, when you have a type of account that you are paying for. ie royalties gold account. Your charges ae being used to fund free banking yet you dont even use free banking.

The banks always stated that the charges coved the admin fees. Now they admit that they make a profit and justify it by saying it keps banking free. So if for many years like myself you have paid for a gold account, then a royalties gold account you are not using the service that they say you have been paying for.

So in my case... and many others we were made to accept the charges thinking that they were justified by costs. Now we are told effectively that they now are justified by the admin cost and to fund free banking. Yet i can show that i have been paying for my banking service for many years. In fact, the whole time i was accumalating the charges in my claim.

Any thoughts or direction on this would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sambuca

Don't worry about their deadlines. They are meaningless unless you want to go to the FOS.

Presumably you haven't started a court case.

Have you read the artilces on the front page of this website?

Please do so.

We can help you against RBS but we will need examples of T&Cs or correspondence which show that they have been telling theri customers that their charges are reasonable or that they refloect theri admin costs.

What have you got?

hi book can you ask someone to look in on this thread ...thanks

i must say the arguement put forward on here to FUND FREE BANKING is a very good arguement and somethink ive overlooked,if sambuca would like to look at the new case being used by GOVAN LAW CENTRE then perhaps this along the basis of what has just been written may be the way forward

patrickq1

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/royal-bank-scotland/250027-rbs-cca.html#post2803905

Ok.... so not as fruitfull as i hoped.

I just dug everything out... bearing in mind i havent thrown anything away i only have to letters from RBS. Two very standard letters.

The first confirms receipt of of my compaint... which they only sent after i sent an LBA.

The second was a letter thay sent when i didnt send in the forms to claim hardship.

However.....

I had various discussions via phone with RBS over this before i started following the method on here. One of their staff actually instructed me to do this. And all though im not certain he may have put his foot in it.

SO maybe i should ask for tanscripts of telephone conversations. I belive if the lines are recorded then they legally have to retain these under the data protection act and are allowed to charge a max fee of £10 to supply them and must do so within 40days?????

Any thoughts..... ive had numerous arguments with them on the phone about charges.

Patrick.... i did read that but senisibly in my opinion GLC is keeping the suprise in the bag.

Im just wandering if i have been told on the phone since i havent got it in writting that the charges were to cover costs of dealing with the crime. If so then they as has been said contradicted themselves.

Sambuca

All those phone calls and you haven't recorded a single one.

Ask for the transcripts by all means - but don't hold your breath. It won't cme to anything.

You have been a CAGGER since 2006 and yet you still don't record your calls.

Anyway, what you need is something which shows that admin costs etc are their official line. It really does need to be in writing.

Please start a thread as I have asked and we'll have a look.