CCA Request Default Notice - Mint

Leo1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6433 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I check my Experian credit file online religiously and just recently discovered that Mint have a default registered against me, which I never received a notice for. This has only just appeared on my file in the last couple of months, however the default is showing as October 2005.

So I sent a CCA request to Mint with my £1 cheque, today I received a copy of my original signed agreement but no default notice.

Mint are claiming that "there is no legal requirement to provide you with a true and certified copy of the original default notice" but they state that the default notice was sent to me in March 2005.

In other words, they can't provide me with a copy of the default notice. What can I do next?

hi,i also checked my credit file recently and found a default,this default came about through no fault of my own, i had a secured loan with FUTURE MORTGAGES i then took out another secured loan to redeem the one with FUTURE,this was with FIRST NATIONAL, the second secured was for £20,000 so FIRST NATIONAL sent me a cheque for £9,000 and said that they will redeem the loan with FUTURE which was £11,000 approx(a bit less) ,i thought everything was fine and dandy ,then a year later i started getting phone calls from FUTURE saying that the account was massively behind etc,i explained what had happened and told them it was over a year ago,they didn't want to know so i got legal advice and got it sorted,i have the redeemed mortgage deed and everything,i now find out that FUTURE have defaulted me ,i am raging, could you tell me what a CCA is and where to get one,and could someone maybe give me a few tips on what to write in my letter to FUTURE,after all the problem was between FUTURE MORTGAGES and FIRST NATIONAL, cheers richard

B.of.IRELAND-FINAL RESPONSE RECEIVED(NO OFFER)CLAIM BEING FILED

Capital one-offer received for £240(not even half claim)CLAIM BEING FILED

Barclaycard-offer received for £430(not accepted)CLAIM BEING FILED

I should point out that I still have an outstanding balance with Mint (not settled yet), so I don't think that SurlyBond's method is going to be the most appropriate course of action.

Hi Leo,

I would advise you to visit this . . . Remove Default Notices on a Credit File - We show you how

In that site there are template letters to use to get a copy of the original default letter.

Hope it helps! :)

hondamad

EGG CC Default Removal: Have reported Egg to Trading Standards, Summery Claim - 2nd Hearing Date 09/10/07. Click here to read posts

Monument CC: received statements, now need to send letters. . . !

BoS Current Account: Settled

Citi Cards: Hhmm seems like I have sued the wrong “entity”. Aaaaahhhhh . . .. oh well back to court I go, and they have settled in full!!!

:-D:p:D

This is just advice from me. If you are not sure please seek legal advice. However if what I have said has been helpful, than please add to my reputation by clicking on the scales :D

Excellent thanks. I remember reading somewhere that they have to send Default Notices by recorded delivery so you have to sign for them? (Can't remember where I saw this info)