Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Smile bigalan777 V Bank of Scotland

Does anyone know of a simplified way of finding out the branch managers name, I need this for the small claimsicon papers.
    BIG Al

Similar Threads:

NATTIE

Default Re: Bank of Scotland managers name ?

big al if you submit claim re managers name, it will be struck out of court becuase if you are going to court re charges, it is the bank you are suing not an employee

Thank you for the advice i see now that only the organisation needs to be named not the individual.

bigalan777 I did the same thing, but when I handed my Claim in at the Sheriff Court in Edinburgh the lady behind the counter went through everthing and scored out the bank managers name.

Does that mean we should just address all letters ie. prelimenary an so on as Dear RBSicon ?

I think it's only when you are filling the claim at your local Sheriff Court you should not put anybodys name, because it's not the person you are claiming against but the company they work for. When I started my correspondence with my bank I always wrote to the person that's in charge of my account, my Business Banking Manager, big name for a total useless Piers Morgan.

Hope this help's.

Default small claims 750 limit ?

I am currently persuing Bank of Scotland for almost 5000 worth of bank charges, I am now ready to fill in the forms for court action ( 1000 been offered in Full and finalicon payment) what im wondering if the limit of 750 includes interest and costs or can that be added on top of the 750 ?
    Big Al

Default Re: small claims 750 limit ?

The 750 is the limit for the charges. The interest and court fee is on top of that. You can also do a summary cause which is an almost identical form and the total is 1500. I think once you submit this to the sheriff clerk, they send it back to you and you then have to take it back to court to get it actioned. It also only costs 39... (the only big difference is that if you lose you are liable for costs but it won't happen)

Thanks very much for the prompt reply thats great news. I have found the small claimsicon form 1a and 1b but have not seen the summary form can you lead me in the right direction please
    Big Al

Follow this link

Summary Cause Forms

and print off form 1b. you fill it exactly the same way as you would the small claimicon but there is one more box you need to fill in at the back. It is just your name and address and the banks name and address though so it no bother.

Gib

Expenses are limited in small claimsicon actions, the most you would get back would be 75. The upside being if you lost your claim, the most you would have to pay the bank in expenses would be that amount.

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details