Parking at Bus Stop

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5174 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone help.

3 1/2 years ago,

my husband received a parking ticket for one of his drivers who had parked at a bus stop.

We returned the form saying that it wasn't him but giving the details of the driver.

We were unaware at that time that we were responsible for this ticket and wrongly assumed that the driver at the time was responsible as in speeding tickets etc.

We had just moved to another part of the country and the driver in question was finishing off some jobs for us.

We had given the Council all the details of where we were now living and that as we lived nearly 250 miles away it hadn't been my husband.

We heard nothing further at our new address but on visiting our old neighbours recently apparently the Council took us to Court and it seems that they sent all the correspondence to our old address despite our new address being on the response to the original parking ticket. The tenants living at our old address had never passed any letters etc on to us and therefore were were unaware of anything happening.

Naturally now that I have found this out, I really don't know what to do. I have kept copies of the response we sent to the Council in question and the letter advising them that we had moved but they continued to send correspondence to the old address. Do we leave well alone or should I contact someone to find out what has happened.

Was this a council-issued PCN?

If so, you weren't taken to court. The council will have obtained a warrant for bailiffs to chase it. The warrant is valid for 12 months, so will have expired by now. In other words, the case is effectively dead and I'd advise you leave it be.

If it was not a council PCN, that's a different matter - please advise on here and someone else will help.

I would.

If you contact them there is a remote chance they will try to reactivate it. As it is, it is sitting dormant on their computer records and at some stage will be purged along with the thousands of other redundant cases (if it hasn't been already). It is very unlikely you will ever hear from them again.