Help - PARKING TICKET

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6403 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received a parking ticket today - Exactly ten minutes after my ticket ran out.

Can they do this, or are they supposed to wait a certain amount of time before producing a ticket?

The ticket is a PCN and has all the relevant information.

Does anyone have a template I can use?

Your help would be great.

:Cry:

• 2 weeks later...

So........getting back to the car before the ticket ran out wasnt an option? neither was getting to your car AFTER a 10 minute grace period?

Was it issued by the council or a private firm?

Before you take any legal action, please read through the

FAQ's, then if you dont understand something, please ask for advice ;) .

If theres a thread in which you think I could help, please PM me using the Private Messaging facility in the top right hand corner of the screen.

Advice & opinions of tom3131, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you ha

Don't know if i am asking in the right place , but can anyone tell me if a traffic warden has not actually printed a ticket or placed it on your vehicle,Is it legally enforcable?

Was it a Traffic Warden or a Parking Attendant?

The general rule is that the PCN must either be placed on the windscreen of the car, handlebar of a Motorcycle or handed to the person in charge of the vehicle.

If you drive away before the attendant has completed one of the above the Notice should be cancelled.

PUTTING IT IN WRITING & KEEPING COPIES IS A MUST FOR SUCCESS

• 2 weeks later...

if a traffic warden has issued the ticket then it must be attatched to the vehicle as its the vehicle getting the ticket and not the driver... however if the ticket has been executed (attatched) and either fallen off or been taken off by someone else and you arnet aware you are still liable for the ticket as (this is the police traffic wardens i mean, not sure about the council ones)

Data Protection Act sent 27/06/06

• 3 weeks later...

Also Check On The Payment Slip, If It States Anywhere On The Ticket Date Of Offence, You Do Not Have To Pay As You Have Not Committed An Offence, You Have Been In Contravention Of A Bye-law. Under Section 66(3) Of The Road Traffic Act 1991 There Has Been No Offence Commited Therefore No Requirement To Pay. But It Must Have The Word Offence On It For It To Apply.

• 2 weeks later...
Was it a Traffic Warden or a Parking Attendant?

The general rule is that the PCN must either be placed on the windscreen of the car, handlebar of a Motorcycle or handed to the person in charge of the vehicle.

If you drive away before the attendant has completed one of the above the Notice should be cancelled.

Once a ticket has been issued it will enforcable regardless of whether you are in possession of it or not for whatever reason

Once a ticket has been issued it will enforcable regardless of whether you are in possession of it or not for whatever reason

Sorry as an ex (council) Parking Attendant (operating under the road traffic actt 1991 - decriminalised parking), I must take issue with this comment, during our training we were informed that all tickets must be 'served', i.e. attached to the vehicle or handed to the person idntifying themselves as the driver. If the vehicle drives away before the ticket is attached it is unenforceable. This information was supplied by our trainer who is an ex-metropolitan police officer and was confirmed by our legal officer. This is also stated on the National parking appeals & adjudication service site.

hello i recieved a parking ticket but it never said date of issue on it just date what is the next step i only have 4 days to appeal as 3 days have already lapsed

following a recent high court case involving Barnet Council, the judge clarified that under section 66 of the act the ticket must state date of issue and then the date. In your appeal letter you this ruling as your challenge, all across the country councils are having to review their ticket layouts to ensure that this date is shown.:D