DVLA Lost details

wikidest_ting
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2266 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys

Ive just had an incident today, I was stopped by a traffic cop this evening, and on checking my details via Dvla, and to my surprise it turns out it came back that i am on the database as having a provisional License?!?!?

I passed my test back in April 2004 and have lived at 7 addresses since then and have never had to use my license on a regular basis, i had lost it and applied for a replacement in Feb 2009 but did not receive it, now the police have taken my car because apparently i am Driving otherwise than in accordance with a licence, and have 7 days to provide my details and pay the fees to get my car back my problem is (a) if i do apply for a renewal will they return my license within 7 days (which is very unlikely!) (b) will they return a provisional and if so that will mean i still have to go through the channels of sorting it out

Thanks in advance for any advice!

You're not the only one and it seems dvla don't give a monkys do dah.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/dvla/126420-dvla-has-lost-my.html

There are others, a thread by a lorry driver and one by a motorcyclist if I remember correctly, and neither were able to get anything from dvla other than 'no record, take another driving test', so have a look through other threads to see if there is any resolution.

Hi,

When I passed my HGV test last year, I was given the test pass certificate.If it wasn't sent to DVLA within two years I would have lost HGV entitlement.It wasn't the examiners responsibility to send it off.I was given the option though to let him send it but I wanted to show it off to a few people.If I didn't send it within two years I would have had to do the test again.Did you or your test examiner send your test pass certificate off when you passed your test?If DVLA said there is no record,then it appears they didn't receive your pass certificate.Hopefully, your test examiner sent it off.If this is the case, a letter from them should clear this up for you.I'm sure the same rules applied when I passed my car and bike test, but those were a few years ago.I'm not sure the same rules apply now.Hopefully someone more knowledgable can confirm this,or not.

Regards

Signaller

For a standard car driving test the examiner always offers to send off your provisional licence to be exchanged for a full one at the end of the test (assuming you passed of course! ;) ).

At this point you may accept or decline the offer, although I see no benefit in turning it down.

• 4 weeks later...

Can someone please advise..A week ago today I was stopped randomly by a wpc and given a producer, mainly because my insurance is on a company insurance and she could not check the details, her words, not mine.! Then on checking my license, she then tells me that I only posess a provisional one..!! I was not having any of this as I passed proudly, first time, in 1991..!! I decided that I would go to my local DVLA office to apply for my license, with change of address and to check what I had been told by said wpc.. Waiting patiently for an hour whilst I paid extra for yet another form that I could take to the police station until my new license arrives, I was called to the desk and given back my form telling me I am a class A PROVISIONAL driver..!! What the hell am I going to do now.?? I have looked on the web and discovered there are thousands in this situation, I even discovered BBC1 Watchdog programme run a special on lost information concerning the DVLA.. Does anyone have any help or advice PLEASE as I am at my wits end and have tried everything I can think of.. I feel I am being treated like a criminal for something that is not my fault.!! In 19 years I have never ever been stopped and when I am it is a 100 times worse than experiencing the embarassment of being pulled over..!! Any advice gratefully received..!!

Edited by dazed&confused2010

The driving school has no obligation to keep records back to 1991!

Even with the day, date, time, name of examiner and a sodding photo of me with the examiner and my pass certificate in 1979, the DVLA would not accept I had passed my bike test. I haven't bothered witrh it now as I am too old for bikes and hospital food, but all the same they are always right and you are always wrong.

• 7 years later...

and here we are 9 years later and the DVLA are still at it. My licence has been lost in one of the moves and I've had many. I had a couple of name changes after getting married, once overseas. And when I ask the DVLA, apparently unless I can provide them with my 4 marriage certificates and 4 divorce certificates , plus dates of marriage and divorces, plus all the addresses I have lived (those I can provide in date order) and when I lived at them, they won't issue me with a replacement. I sent them reams of paperwork, plus photos, birth certificates and the like after spending a fortune on copies and writing to Canada for one lot, and they simply ignored it and deny all knowledge of ever getting it. It seems they just don't *want* to issue a replacement. So what am I supposed to do now? Take my test again?

better to start a new thread

you wont get seen here

dx

thread now closed

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2266 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks