child tax credits

mom2010
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5180 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I am new here..needed some advise on how to tackle a letter from the TC office. I recently received a ltter from the TC saying that they got in touch with my childminder and she has informed that my son is not been there since april 2009 and they have paid child care costs which i have claimed. they need me to write to them with an explanation...my son has been going to another child minder since then because he has been diagnosed with developmental delay and my previous CM hasnt been very welcoming about this...there is nothing wrong with him except for delay in walking and talking and this has been confirmed by the doctors...since i didnt want my son to expereince any illtreatment i had to change the CM..but i havent informed them about the change since the costs where the same...and i was under tremendous pressure and depression bcause of what has happened to my son and was extremely busy with occupational and physio therpay for my son..i have all the receipts from the CM and the contract...if i send these explaining my situation will there be any problem...Kindly please help as i am a single mom with 2 children and i dont know a great deal about these issues.:-( your advise will be much appreciated

Hi mom

IMO give tc a call explain that you are paying exactly the same amount to another cm and you have all the relavent paperwork which you can send a copy of onto them if they require it, and apologise for not giving changes about cm. Like you have said there is no change to the amount and you have proof, obviously they will say you needed to notify them just explain because the payments where the same you did not think it altered anything.

cab

You have nothing to lose by writing to them. I would just write a letter telling them exactly what you have told us here, and enclose a copy of your contract and receipts, along with your new childminder's name and registration number to enable them to contact her and confirm the details that you have given. In these circumstances, it would be unreasonable of them to apply an overpayment but it is something that they can do, in spite of the same hours and cost.

• Haha 1

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

Hi mom

IMO give tc a call explain that you are paying exactly the same amount to another cm and you have all the relavent paperwork which you can send a copy of onto them if they require it, and apologise for not giving changes about cm. Like you have said there is no change to the amount and you have proof, obviously they will say you needed to notify them just explain because the payments where the same you did not think it altered anything.

cab

Thanks a lot ...i will do that imme

You have nothing to lose by writing to them. I would just write a letter telling them exactly what you have told us here, and enclose a copy of your contract and receipts, along with your new childminder's name and registration number to enable them to contact her and confirm the details that you have given. In these circumstances, it would be unreasonable of them to apply an overpayment but it is something that they can do, in spite of the same hours and cost.

Thanks a lot for your advise and time ...just wanted to ask you a couple of other things you have told that they can apply an overpayment even when the costs where the same in that case should i appeal and the other thing is just the CM name and reg details are enough or should i send her address and telephone number details as well for them to confirm or do they have it on their system.

Yes, you should take it as far as you can if they do apply an overpayment. Although they can do so on the basis that you have failed to disclose a change of circumstances (being the change of childminder), to apply an overpayment on your case would be unreasonable as you did not set out to claim anything which you were not entitled to; you did not deliberately and willingly fail to disclose, and as you said, same costs same hours. If you have any issues with this, come back to us.

You should send them everything that will support your case: contract, receipts, childminder's name, registered address and telephone number and registration number; this will demonstrate that you are keen to resolve this and have nothing to gain from concealing anything. They don't have details of childminders on their system AFAIK, they have to search for them via ofsted which may delay matters further.

I would not phone them for two reasons:

1. They have specifically requested a written explanation

2. If sending a letter, you can enclose documentation in support of your case; you can state things over the telephone but without the deciding person having sight of your contract and receipts, they will make a decision based on the evidence they currently have.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

Did you know that if you are claiming housing and/or council tax benefit your CCC are disregarded. Let the council know asap to maximise your income. Even if you don't have proof it is a good idea to let them know and sent proof within the month

Did you know that if you are claiming housing and/or council tax benefit your CCC are disregarded. Let the council know asap to maximise your income. Even if you don't have proof it is a good idea to let them know and sent proof within the month

Sorry i dont understand what you are trying to say here,please explain...thanks for your time and advise

If you are claiming housing benefit and you list tax credits as one of your incomes the entire child tax credit is listed as income. However if part of CTC is made up of your child care costs once proof is provided the child care costs are disregarded for housing and/or council tax purposes. So if your child care costs are £100 per week this is discounted by the council. Obviously if the costs increase let the council know as well as tax credits.