Tribunal Advice Please

sarahella
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5174 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello all.my son who is 10 yrs old has recently been diagnosed with temporal lobe epilepsy due to a low grade brain tumour,can anyone tell me if violent behaviour is part of his condition,as he smashes things,hits me,shouts abuse at me,then within 5 mins he is not aware that he has behaved like this,,,or on the odd occasion carnt explain why he did it,,Also i previously put in a claim for disability allowance,to help care for him and replace items he damages and they refused me,im now taking it to a tribrunal,does anyone no what happns at the tribrunal,it sounds scary,lol,:(

Hi Sarah,

I have moved your post to the beneifts forum for yourself

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

sarahella - sorry to know about your son's condition. Can you get a letter from your doctor(s) about your son's illness. Make sure you take such letter along with other reports, list of medication etc to the Tribunal.

Or you can discuss your case with CAB or welfare rights who may decide to represent you at the tribunal.

All the best

:-|Impossible is I'M Possible:lol:

If you think the advice given is useful then show your appreciation by clicking on the scales.

Thanks adam,yes iv got in touch with a law centre now who are going to represent for me,they already had letters frm my gp and neourologist,but still refused my claim,,So hopfully things might go better at the tribrunal in march.:)

Symptoms of brain tumours can include changes in behaviour/personality and memory problems. It's all to do with the tumour causing an increase in pressure in the skull. Symptoms of brain tumours vary according to how much pressure is exerted and where the tumour is located as different parts of the brain are responsible for different things.

Good luck with this I`m looking after a brain injured husband he as changed dramatically from happy go lucky to moody, he as violent outbursts, he can`t stand change in routine, he is uncooperative, he as no concentration lots of good help out these Social Services, Mind, Welfare Rights, CAB I feel for you

THANKS FOR THE MSGES PPL,laura ur spot on there,my boy hates any change of routine,And he can be so violent to me,but then after he has hit me and had a rage he doesnt no he has done it,Its so hard for both of us,and my little girl who is two has seen this behaviour so many times its not fair,she will sometimes throw thing at me because she see"s him doing it.Its so sad,when we got referred to the hospital about his behaviour i thought they was going to tell me he had ADHD or a behavioural problem,,I wasnt prepared when they said it was a brain tumour,it felt like my world had just come to an end,

Sarah

You have my sympathy my hubbie was a laid back whitty man now since his brain injury he doesn`t make sense when he tries to communicate this frustrates him and he gets angry, he won`t comply with anyone so difficult like today getting him to hospital

Yes your daughter will mimic her brother it`s hard for you we have had to adapt our lives and try not to be bitter as it often leaves you with the ifs. It`s difficult with having 2 children but you also need some quality time with your daughter to prevent her becoming resentful at her brother getting all the attention it`s hard to juggle it all I know only too well

There is a lot of support out there use it to the max MIND are very good and I`m sure Social Services would put you on to many things they even arranged for rest bite care for me but we couldn`t get him to go he is fixed to what he is prepared to do and nothing will budge him, you need a break at times it`s quite tiring and soul destroying and as led to me having carers strain and ending up in hospital myself so do take all the support out there

You take care:)

I really feel for you and your family. You must have felt so helpless when the diagnosis was given.

Laura is right there is a lot of great support out there and you must access it. I volunteered at an Autistic playscheme and parents that I met said even just being able to talk to other parents in similar situations and knowing they were not alone was a big help nevermind the other help and support the charity gave them.

The organisations should also be able to give you advice about the tribunal and what you can claim.

I hope you get some good news soon.

Especially in situations where the illness, disability, etc is not well known or is misunderstood by a lot of people. This is even worse when the person affected looks "normal" to other people and so they assume that the person is stupid or behaving badly on purpose. The playscheme really opened my eyes to how people with an illness/disability and their family/carers are not just battling the affects of the illness/disability but against the system and the assumptions of other people.

Oh so true my husband look like any other and my 26 year old son same but as a mental age of 10 my Father once said you can see and mend a broken leg but one cannot see what is going on inside never a true word spoken. You wouldn`t believe how many people suffer as a result of this especially Police & Customs in particular both governed by pace but no idea how to spot the numerous mental illnesses and this leads to mistreatment of the public