ParkingEye penalty charge

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4904 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i have recently got a charge notice from ParkingEye, should I ignore it or send the first template letter ?

Thanks

This is what the notice says:

On 24/01/10 the registration vehicle XXXXXXX was in your name.

Photographic evidence shows you entering the Legat centurion Car Park at 14:00:49 and departing at 17:33:22. The maxium period permitted is 1 hour 30 minutes, so by calculation it is demonstrated that the vehicle has remained at the store for longer than permitted.

On the specified date, you were the registered owner, keeper, or hirer of the vehicle in question. As such, you are responsible to ensure that the terms and conditions for parking, as set down and claerly displayed in the car park, are complied with. Therefore you are required to pay the following excess parking charge within 28 days from this notice.

It goes on to say that £80 must be paid or £50 if paid within 14 days. £110 if I don't cough up in 28 days.

The letter is designed to look like an official penalty charge, with the chequered border.

ignore

dont waste the poastage!!

it will do no good.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

BPA is nothing they have no legal standing either

is toilet paper , its just done to make the [problem] look real

IGNORE

there are 1000's of posts regarding PPC's on the forum showing the [problem]

NEVER FORGET

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Help Our Hero's Website

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

HIGHWAY OF HEROES

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/181826-last-tribute-our-lads.html

Like Cooking ? check the Halogen Cooker thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/218990-cooking-halogen-cookers.html

To expand:

All you have is an unenforceable invoice for alleged breach of contract. The remedy for breach of contract is actual losses. The £50 is a contractual penalty charge. The £80 and £110 are spurious, made up amounts that have no relation to anything.

Your actions on a free car park have cost them zero pounds - their actual losses.

If you're in a 12 month BT contract and you cancel the contract half way through, you'd owe them the remainder of the 6 month contract ie. their actual losses by you leaving and going to another supplier. They cannot and do not charge a 'cancellation fee' because that would be an unenforceable contractual penalty.

In practical terms these parking companies give out invoice dressed up to look like parking tickets, buy the keeper's address from the DVLA and send out threatening junkmail. A great number of the uninitiated will happily send a cheque back.

It's a mail [problem].

Ignore them completely and don't be alarmed by the threatening junkmail you'll receive. After 3 or 4 debt collector letters they'll give up.

Parking Eye are well known and haunt Aldi car parks in particular.

There is a logo, BPA approved on the letter doesn't that mean anything?

Thanks for your help

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, Not a BPA logo:eek:

That makes all the difference, better pay it quick.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

LouPapy - just read the various PPC based threads and you see there is nothing to worry about. Ignore is the best way to combat these [problematic] and minimise the threatening letters

It is very very rare for a PPC to even consider court as they know they will loose. On the few occasions they claim to have done so and won it is either badly defended or more likely a set up to try and give the PPC some vague credibility.

I have told the current bunch chasing me for an alledged unpaid invoice that I will not pay them a penny and they will have to proceed to court but still they will not do so

There is NO appeals process only a let us [problem] you department

Ignore everything and do NOT contact them

• 2 months later...

Hi All - Received one of these jokers letters last week and was just about to appeal/pay when read all help on this forum. Guess the advice is just to stick it out even though the wife fretting were going to a CCJ or Bailiffs coming around. Find it hard to believe they can juts pressurise you into paying in this manner. Think will just sit tight and await the letters/phone calls etc. Dont like fact they are coming after me as registered keeper and I wasnt even in the bloody car.

Many thanks for all posts!! :)

it can never be a CCJ nor bailiffs issue as its not a criminal matter

do some reading and ignore their 'invoice'

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

the wife fretting were going to a CCJ or Bailiffs coming around.

With respect, that only applies to people who don't know anything about CCJ's and bailiffs. Which is exactly what the PPC's play on.

With respect, that only applies to people who don't know anything about CCJ's and bailiffs. Which is exactly what the PPC's play on.

Seconded.

regards

Many thanks for all advice - Showed wife the forum and the many messages about Parking Eye etc. and she is now more 'relaxed' about sitting tight and ignoring the letters which I understand will be quite threatening.

Once again many thanks for all advice!!

:D

dx

and they

Many thanks for all advice - Showed wife the forum and the many messages about Parking Eye etc. and she is now more 'relaxed' about sitting tight and ignoring the letters which I understand will be quite threatening.

Debt collection letters are a waste of trees' lives.

I've moved house 3 times in 4 years and every time I'd have about 10 debt collection letters dropping through every week.

Nothing ever happens and they gradually dry up.

Hi Jibbers

If she is still uncertain then there is a website set up to counteract a Morrisons / Parking Eye [problem] here which will confim that ignore works

Received a “ticket”? What to do next.. Carparkreigate's Blog

Yes you will get a lot of threaten junk mail purporting to be from Debt Collectors and Solicitors but it is all part of the [problem] to make you think you have done something terrible wrong and is to divert you from using plain old common sense and realising it is a [problem]

Even when you tell these buggers that you will not pay and they will have to follow through with court proceedings they refuse

Ignore and spend the money on a good meal

• 2 weeks later...
For those of you who would like to contact them

Parking Eye

Security Equipment Installers

Contact information, Parking Eye

Telephone: 01772885800

88 Fishergate Hill

PR1 8JD, Preston

Why would anyone want to contact Parking Eye?

The default advice on this forum is to ignore these clowns.

regards

• 5 months later...

Jibbers and every one else my daughter receives 4 to 5 a week for the past 3 years and she is a copper :) nothing happens and never will...... my youngest son has just started recieving them now from parking eye I have 3 letters for each alledged offence Ha Ha I like their words, you should get 6 letters for the full set and the threats get worse but look on the funning side, you can then sell a full set on e-bay for a fortune and you havent used any ink to print these [problem] letters, Treat them as fun and ignore, But please visit Parking eye web site and see which car parks they operate in,,,,, Free Parking all over the country :) If you look at the addres of parking eye its the same as thier dept collection service Oh, and their Solicitor works in the next office too......What a [problem] . sit tight dont pay, dont contact and play the threat game for the next letter, try and guess what comes next, after 6 letters they go away .. have fun and dont worry.