THE REPO MAN from close credit management - lease car from my liquidated company

seklof
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4732 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

a repossesion agent arrived today looking for me i told him

i wasnt there and had moved

i noticed his papers pertained to my car finance agreement and i presumed he was there to pick the car up

iv paid about 2k last year of 5k and ai fear its going further overdue hence their visit

close credit management are definatley a debt collection agency

tried to speak with them regarding the account but now a henchman has turned up

what can/ could i say to him and if anybody knows , what are my rights

thanks

Is this a commercial loan, or one governed by the Consumer Credit Act?

If the latter, he should not be able to repossess your car unless they already have a Court Order to take the car back. Have you any knowledge of A Court case?

In the meantime keep your car out of sight-best in a locked garage.

If governed by the Consumer Credit Act and there is no Court Order as yet, you have three choices.

1]Voluntarily give the car back. That way, your maximum liability will be to pay 50% of the contract unless there is damage to the car which you might be liable for if it is not covered by the insurance policy. [You can arrange to pay the outstanding

£500 or so over a longer period if you hand the car back].

2] Hope that they do repo your car-that way you can go to Court and legally claim back the £2000 you have already paid.

3] stall them by sending a £1 postal order and asking for a copy of your original agreement under S. 78 of the CCA. Then hoping that they have made a mistake on your agreement that you can capitalise on.

Edited by lookinforinfo

• 2 weeks later...

The leaseis void. If the company that took out the lease is no more, you have no rights to it and it needs to be returned, unless you enter into an arrangement to transfer the liability to yourself.

Be careful with this - as they can report it as stolen (it remains their property) and if they retain the V5C will prevent re-registration.

• 1 year later...
a repossesion agent arrived today looking for me i told him

i wasnt there and had moved

i noticed his papers pertained to my car finance agreement and i presumed he was there to pick the car up

iv paid about 2k last year of 5k and ai fear its going further overdue hence their visit

close credit management are definatley a debt collection agency

tried to speak with them regarding the account but now a henchman has turned up

what can/ could i say to him and if anybody knows , what are my rights

thanks

I think you need to get proof of the person visiting that he is a repo man, why is he visiting, identification, hide the car until you get all the proof that this what they want. Don't be afraid to speak your mind about it, just don't hide, otherwise it might get worst.

The others have stated some good advice, unless there is a Court Order for you to return the car, and that has been served, you can ask them to leave your property as well, and do everything in writing.